Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
Orlando's playoff hopes hinge on winning both of their remaining games (vs NYCFC [without Brek and Kaka due to yellow card accumulation] and at Philly) and having Montreal pick up no more than four points from their remaining four games (at NYRB, at Colorado, at New England, vs Toronto). It's the thinnest possible hope, but a hope nonetheless.

While looking up these numbers I saw that Chicago is winless on the road this year, 0-11-5. Has that ever happened before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
With Montreal's victory over the Rapids, Montreal can clinch a playoff spot with two points from their remaining two games. Toronto can clinch with one point from their remaining three games. Orlando City has to win out and either have Montreal get one or fewer points or Toronto get no points.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

Your Boy Fancy posted:

E: also if Orlando wins @ PHI and Montreal loses either @ NE or vs TOR then Orlando gets in on year one and keeps Drogba from skullfucking the Cup

Orlando gets in if they win their final game and Montreal gets no more than one point from their last two. If Montreal get two points (or if they get zero and Orlando only draw their final game), they'll be level on points with Orlando and I believe they have the tiebreaker (the teams were 1-1-1 against each other in the regular season, but Orlando won 2-1 and Montreal won 2-0).

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

My mistake, I knew MLS did something other than goal differential as the first tiebreaker, but thought it was head-to-head for some reason.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

Montreal's win means they clinch a playoff spot and Orlando City is eliminated from contention.

• Locked thread