Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Advocaat refused to say that he would be managing S'land next match lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It's weird that Mou keeps persisting with basically the same XI too. I know they have a ridiculously thin squad, but you'd think ivanovic and fabregas would have been dropped by now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DOOP posted:

lol how are Palace in third?

GJ Pardew

Pardew is a literal genius and mouthbreathing Newcastle fans are too blind to see that their club is a garbage fire and that they'll be poo poo whoever manages them.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

Rodgers has been sacked.

For real op?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

For real.

A shame really. He was so perfect for Liverpool.

I assume a replacement us already lined up?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I could watch this forever

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He'd honestly do a nice job at Liverpool but the fans would never stop melting down about it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Klopp tapped the sign one at Anfield so he's a stone cold lock.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
De Boer sounds like an FSG signing. Youngish guy doing good things with a lesser team.

I can't imagine Klopp has been hanging around doing nothing waiting for the Liverpool job to open up. He could just wait a year or two and take over an actual big club.

Ancellotti I actually think may do it, but he doesn't seem like the FSG kind of guy, and he may still be getting paid by Madrid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
We need RAWK updates in general. I assume they're planning for Jurgen's reign?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Arguing about whether Ancelotti would be better.

God I love RAWK.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

8raz posted:

the exact same applies to arsenal tbh

He wouldn't do as good of a job at Arsenal, but there would be more melting down.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

We were shocking in those 20 minutes and Arsenal took their chances well, but if not for Cech (like, if Ospina had been in goal) it'd have ended 3-3.

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't see what's so absurd about Ninpo's comment. Cech was very good from the part of the match I saw. Ospina is bad. What's so weird about pointing that out?

It's a massive overstatement. Ospina had an awful cock up, but it's not like you'd expect him to miss saves he should have made. Cech had one great save, but saying it should have been 3-3 is ridiculous.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Wenger out. But like in a nice way were everyone gives him a nice hug and says thanks.

This is right.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dunban posted:

As the Bundesliga thread title points out, Klopp is a myth who got found out. However, England is a tactical wasteland so he'll probably do okay for one or two seasons.

This is basically it. Klopp will push Liverpool to 5th, but teams will catch on to him before Liverpool can sort out their accumulation of bad players enough to get back in the cl.

Allardyce is too smart to take over at S'land. That team is a pile of garbage that has been rotting for years and have no chance of starting up. They'll pick up someone desperate for a chance in the premier league.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm still blown away that klopp actually agreed to manage Liverpool

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Why?

Is he supposed to sit and wait for a big club forever?

It hasn't been that long, Taff.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Big Taff Man posted:

So how long should he wait?

I dont see why Klopp to Liverpool is a suprise. Klopp to Newcastle would be a suprise.

I would expect him to take over A Big Club in the summer. Taking over a team in 10th in October that just spent a bunch of money to get worse is surprising in this boobie's opinión.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I've always said that Brendan Rodgers is the absolute worst.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Not even big Sam will be able to keep S'Land up.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I had no idea just how dead Wilshere, Rosicky, and Welbeck are. I thought the W's were due back a month earlier at least, and had completely forgotten that Rosicky existed

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Newcastle are hella going down

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is fake, though?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I think the only thing I've ever heard bad about Big Sam, besides the boring football his teams play, is that he sold Ravel Morrison because he wouldn't switch agents or something, but tbh I can't remember what really happened with that and it seems like no one really wanted Morrison, anyway.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

Wasn't it Allardyce that caused Van Gaal to try and prove to the media his Manchester United players weren't long-ball merchants?

Yes, and *ahem* they're called long passes

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Can't wait 'til Mou trots out the same rotten squad he has been trotting out all season and they lose to Villa 3-1.

This is the thing, and Chels continue to be poo poo unless Jose figures out a side that won't leave his right flank totally exposed.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Liverpool have like 8 strikers. Are they seriously already at the point where loving Origi is starting?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lol at him saying he scored twice as many goals as he actually did.

e: Jesus, that whole article. He's insane.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Giroud will play up front with Walcott on the wing and thats the only change. Ox is too wasteful in possession to play in the middle.

This would be cool, but Wengy hasn't played two strikers since Eduardo was there.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Perhaps not, but the guy you replied to was talking about Arsenal youth players, Ox-Cham was an established first team player for Southampton when Arsenal picked him up, hardly the same thing.

Southampton was very different at the time tbf. It's not like he was starting in the pl.

Also I thought Jeff [frenchname] was supposed to be our new wonderkid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Has bielik even played outside of the reserves? He seems like he may be poo poo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So I assume Mourinho has to be out within the next couple days? This is a fantastic meltdown and I'm loving every minute of it, but Abramovich really doesn't even have a choice at this point. Arry could do a better job at this point.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Tactics Tim Sherwood is a virtuoso manager who deserved better than Villa.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
As much as he is a good looking cool dude and TRP icon, it is actually pretty tough to defend Sherwood over Villa.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

I think the idea is that players who were sucking up too much in wages will jump ship or be easier to clear out. Ineffective management usually ends up quitting too, no? All that is based on the assumption that the club can adequately right the financial ship, replace bad, old players with better new ones, and allay the revenue shortfall with parachute payments, but that's a big assumption. Blackburn, Bolton, and Wigan haven't exactly benefitted.

I was under the impression that relegation had its positives for Newcastle, but Newcastle were arguably way too big of a club to stay down for long.

It basically assumes that any relegated team will go right back up the next season, too. In the event that a team with a bunch of unwanted players on big contracts went down, kicked out those players, and came right back up, it could operate as a positive overall, but obv there's no guarantee that they won't just languish in the Championship or slip further down the pyramid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Contrast QPR who learned nothing from relegation and went right back down. That owned.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Still B.A.E posted:

I like ewar woowar

Agreed. He's a good lad who means well.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

quiet enjoyment posted:

Theo out for 3 weeks for the hamstring he pulled yesterday. That's not good.

Oxcham, too. They'll miss Swansea, Bayern, and the NLD. God loving damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

What difference does "passes per chance created" make? Seriously asking, does it matter if you're actually creating them?

What they're saying is that Manchester United don't shoot the ball.

• Locked thread