Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's the tops in the league for QBs that have played every game by more than one full yard. Life owns

QBs with a sub 70% completion percentage are garbage, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spudsly posted:

They keep saying it wasn't reviewable. Aren't all scoring plays reviewed?

No one scored.

Turnovers are also auto-reviewed, but only the turnover, not that part.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

Can we talk for a second about why on earth every play isn't reviewable? How is that still a thing in 2015

Because bullshit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Your boy is #2 in YPA, so congratulations, Philip is one of the few QBs who deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the historic greats such as Andy Dalton.

This is kind of surprising since Philip has like .03 seconds to throw the ball these days.

Also: Keenan Allen is having an amazing start to the season and no one has mentioned it because Julio Jones and Antonio Brown and AJ Green are monsters

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

You can do only do that a handful of times a game before you are out of challenges. I don't really think it's that big of an issue.

Why isn't every play reviewed like college football is the bigger question. Only allowing coaches a certain number of challenges is loving stupid and backwards

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Yes.

Seriously though, besides "it's deeply ingrained in people", what makes the NFL entertaining? It's horribly corporate and generic, and ultimately everything is about some stupid media-driven bullshit that isn't even about the actual game.

I don't care about a league-initiated witch hunt for a star player. I don't care about a grandstanding doofus who only cares about profits but is too dumb to actually create a worthwhile product. And I especially don't care for games that come down to something stupid rather than the actual game and actual teams.

I'd much rather care about college football, where it is at least fun even when your team is bad, and it's awesome when your team is good. Even a bad college football game is fun to go to, and the variety in the teams makes everything interesting and fun. Teams and schools actually have a personality. And, when Michigan plays Michigan State in two weeks, it's most likely going to come down to the actual game on the field, instead of something stupid deciding the outcome to take all fun away.

as bad as the NFL is as an entity, the NCAA is 10x worse

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

The NCAA is worse, but actual radical change is coming.

Besides, as a Michigan fan, we had an rear end in a top hat CEO running the athletic department, and he was run out of town so vociferously, he had to move to New Jersey. Everyone knows the NCAA is bad, but the cracks are visible and things will be taken down in the near-future.

Meanwhile, the NFL will have ginger tattletale Roger Goodell for decades to come.

I'd disagree about the "near" part. It's gonna take a while because that's how things go.

Also, you're a Michigan fan. I think you might feel a bit differently if you weren't a fan of a major power conference team with an amazing coach. You actually have hopes and legitimate paths to a championship in the coming years. The Chargers will win 10 superbowls before SDSU ever sniffs the college football playoff

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

Ross had a good point as to why not just review every play like in college, sure, and why not give it a shot in some preseason games. If it's totally terrible then sure, why not kill it. It's just we're so worried about the ability to watch games and yet we have all these totally unnecessary TV timeouts that are already killing the ability to watch games and doing nothing to improve the quality of the games themselves.

I don't understand the "watchability" aspect. They already do it in college and it's barely even noticeable

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah but some of us like defense...

There are a lot of good defenses in college football. Moreso than the NFL in fact.

Just don't watch Big 12 games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Please don't support people ever watching or supporting the loving triple option

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

College football does actually really suck if your team sucks. Of the times where I've put down money to watch the gophers, they've won once, the crowd is dead and sad drunks pray that we only lose to Wisconsin by thirty. I'm undergoing the opposite this year as I'm becoming dissatisfied with NCAA.

Yeah, I love my school but going to Qualcomm to see it a third full as SDSU flails around on offense on the field, running an offense that was popular in 1960 in the NFL, just isn't fun. At all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alaois posted:

triple option owns and is way better than whatever poo poo-tier offense SDSU is throwing out there

The lowest of bars

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

The problem here is that you're going to an empty NFL stadium, which isn't even fun when full.

Cool, I'll just... tell SDSU to go play in a smaller stadium that doesn't exist? Not sure what you're getting at here. I've been to USC games at the Coliseum and it wasn't nearly as fun as the pro games I've been to.

I go to Chargers games all the time and they're really fun, so different strokes I guess

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I was agreeing with him while saying SDSU is kind of screwed either way :( Unless they have a lot more money than I'm guessing they do.

We spent it on a new Basketball practice facility. College hoops rule.

There has been talk about building a smaller (25-30k) stadium on campus and maybe partnering with a MLS team if the Chargers move to LA.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alaois posted:

be like me and attend a school with a DIII team so you can root for whatever the hell D1 team you feel like

I went to a D1 school and root for two D1 schools :cool:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail posted:

NFL or NCAA, you'll like whichever one your team is good in.

What if your team is bad in both

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail posted:

Then you find another sport to root for

is Dave Rice still at UNLV

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers re-signed Donald Brown.

WHY.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

I would rather have a football game finish south of five hours, personally.

All plays are reviewed in college and games don't take five hours

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Can you all quit saying fuckboy, it's very triggering to me. Thanks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Antonio Gates is back!

With the scarcity of WRs the Chargers have, I would imagine that LaDarius Green is gonna be split wide a lot this week. Enjoy that, Steelers defense

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

"We've got one in the crosshairs. We need to act on it" – Jerry Jones, summing up apparent sentiment among owners NFL will be in LA in '16.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Martavis Bryant is back from suspension. Enjoy getting torched for 90 yard passes, Chargers

I'm sure Vick's deep ball accuracy will be spot on

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Well, Vick's 1st pass as a Steeler was a 65 yard td to Bryant, so

One pass wipes out his historical career inaccuracy, it's true

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, he's known for his tebow-esque completion percentage and breaking some body part every time he gets touched

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That's a lot of 13s

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anaranjado posted:

If we beat Seattle this Sunday (we will)

Hell, I'll say it and I know my fellow Bengals fans agree.

We Want Brady.

I don't think you actually do

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Go Raiders

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Can anyone explain my views after watching 30 minutes of the Dolphins Jets London game?

I thought Tannehill was getting better, but he looked awful. His O-line has always been the pits (except maybe last year?) but it looked like he couldn't throw the ball, like he forgot how.

Thanks,
Marshmallow Blue.

The Jets are good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

He wasn't upset that a guy performed well. He was upset that a guy decided to pointlessly go full speed during a walk-through period where they installing stuff for the week.

If I'm a PS guy I'd go full speed all the time to try and impress coaches

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

oh you're a PS guy alright

PS here stands for panty sniffer

Please don't kink shame

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ChickenMedium posted:

Dude takes an assault rifle with him when he travels. He has massive insecurity issues which are probably not helped by playing for the Miami Dolphins.

Aggies are all weirdos

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LEAVE RYAN TANNEHILL ALONE

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Brandon Flowers and Malcom Floyd were both full participants in practice today

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yaws posted:

Ugh. College football is garbage.

It's cool and good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

the Florida gators are my only reason for living right now

sec east lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Gronk and Witten are both at 59 TDs. Only four other TE's have ever reached 60. Gates is at 99.

Tony Gonzalez 111 :stare:
Antonio Gates 99
Shannon Sharpe 62
Jerry Smith 60

Gates gonna catch Gonzo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The takeaway for me is that Gronk is going to set every TE record ever.

If he stays durable, which with Gronk's history, isn't a sure thing.

And if he does, it'll be interesting to see how his production continues post-Brady.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Have any of you considered the possibility that Jerry Jones in fact.... owns?

You're late to this party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The highest paid RB on the Chargers is Donald Brown because he probably has incriminating pictures of Tom Telesco

• Locked thread