Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

Summit Ice's logo is a little familiar.

OMG I'm dying. I'm dead now.

Just like the six million Jews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

This is the second show in a row where I'm feeling legitimately bad for the people he reels in. The fitness guy last week was left in a really bad spot - he'd basically lost his job with Nathan and was left awkwardly trying to sell himself to the moving company guy ("meet the only employee you'll ever need!") on what was basically a scam that neither of them really believed in.

This week, ordinary bro gets scammed out of two hundred bucks for the crime of hanging out with Nathan, thinking it was just a couple guys getting drunk and having a good time. I really hope Nathan gave him his money back when they wrapped up. :(

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

They cast for the people on the show, if you aren't aware how most reality TV shows work. They aren't just random poor innocent souls he is out there to scam and make them pay money to other businesses. And I'm sure they are compensated for their time as well. This is a blurb from Nathan about the people he tries to get on his show.

That explains a bit about the business owners, but a lot of the customers feel like just whoever came by the store that day. I was picturing people like Tagteam Bro as just being some dude at a bar, and Nathan walks up with his camera team and asks him to help do a spot on the LA nightlife for a hundred bucks or whatever. What about, like, the people who went on the hike up Mt Chileo for the gas station refund? Or all the customers who bought a bunch of crap for the tourist shop/movie shoot?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

I mean, you may be weirded out by what the people are comfortable talking about, but like, clearly they aren't. I never get the vibe that anyone's portrayed in a way that's inaccurate anyways.

It's not that I'm weirded out by them, I'm just curious how much they reveal to all the customers that go on. Like Tagteam Bro or the chick that met "Johnny Depp" and bought a hundred bucks worth of tourist garbage -- do they get their money back at the end of the show? What about the people that had a half dozen chickens poo poo on their car? It seems kinda mean-spirited if they don't, and they actually are scamming these people.

• Locked thread