Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

kater posted:

Is there *any* resource to explain what the flying gently caress this game bloomed into?

Have you joined a goon guild? They are very helpful in explaining this kind of thing.

Secondly, what do you enjoy doing? If I understand the tone of your post correctly, you don't really enjoy any of the things you mention. That strikes out a lot of the game's content. Are you here for the exploration and pretty princess endgame? Getting snazzy armor, dyes, weapons and minis is much more achievable than aiming for a legendary weapon and that is what a lot of players funnel their endgame effort towards. Remember, even if you don't craft and can't use the various drops you collect, selling things on the trading post is easy and profitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Wonder if the Exalted's resemblance to the mursaat was intentional. They're both levitating, magical, golden people, which is weirdly specific. In addition to that, it's implied that their old followers (the White Mantle) are still active nearby the expansion zones. Having these mystery beings just be magical humans is underwhelming. Could've been a nice opportunity to resolve old plot threads.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Reposting gifs I've previously made:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

President Ark posted:

I just remembered this game and reinstalled it because I got a new computer and oh god everything is different help I need an adult what even is any of this :supaburn:

Join a goon guild and get your questions answered.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

The Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Economy posted:

Over the last couple of years, dungeons have been a major part of the game’s economy; between unique armor and liquid rewards, they’re often farmed. In the expansion, we’ll move away from this paradigm. As the game progressed, we shifted focus from dungeons to fractals and raids, and we firmly believe that fractals and raids are the content that we want to continue to support. As a part of that process, we’ll shift some rewards away from dungeons and into other pieces of content. While dungeons will remain cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items, their liquid rewards will be reduced and other content will become more rewarding. The shift in rewards is a direct representation of our focus on raids and fractals and our commitment to make them the best they can be.

:raise:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

The economist posted:

Dungeons will still drop things as well as they will still have some gold, they will just have much less gold.

A small comfort. Hope they decide to greatly increase token rewards.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
I was not expecting the bat wings!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
A lot more WoW dungeons were given a full or partial revamp.

Cataclysm redid Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines and made the Stormwind Stockade into a proper dungeon. The Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub raids were repurposed into 5-man dungeons.

Mists of Pandaria redid Scarlet Monastery (converting 4 wings into 2), Ragefire Chasm, and Scholomance.

Warlords of Draenor redid Blackrock Spire, Razorfen Kraul, Razorfen Downs, and Blackfathom Deeps.

I wish Arenanet was willing to give dungeons another pass instead of just burying them. :sigh:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Last I saw, the unique armor/weapon made up a large chunk of the training for the elite specializations. The numbers may change for live, though.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 20, 2015

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are there pics of these yet btw?

I believe all of the unique armors and weapons are showcased on the official art for the specialization, as well as the screenshots that accompanied the reveal. The armors can be a helmet, shoulders, or gloves depending on the class.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Inzombiac posted:

RIP Aroos.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Adhesive Gamin posted:

OP is dead, post your cutest Asura.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Preemptively posting this for HoT:

Various Meat Prod. posted:

Humbly requesting Wutta Shames.jpg

Sure!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Me right now:

The interface says you can't start working on masteries until you complete the first step of the new story, so I'd prioritize that first.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Frog lashes.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Razzled posted:

I was so pumped up to be able to make a Norn that looked like a Slayer from warhammer fantasy... but I'm slightly bummed that there doesn't appear to be a way I can go barechested without gimping myself and wearing no armor (apologies to the ascalonian catacombs group I tried this with)

Have you tried the Scallywag chestpiece?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Razzled posted:

No but when I get to level 80 I will look into it, thanks.

You can unlock and use it now if you wish. But it's understandable if you don't want to burn transmutation charges on temporary level up gear.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
I've been feeling weirdly fatigued playing Heart of Thorns, and now I realize why.

Remember that one annoying vista in Dredgehaunt Cliffs? The one in a dredge mine, on a high suspended walkway that requires an unintuitive path to reach and is loaded up with angry dredge with launch attacks prepared to shove you off the edge? It feels like the majority of Heart of Thorns content is like this.

I don't mind having increased difficulty with enemies and navigation, but the increased difficulty doesn't let up. Areas that are simple to navigate are rare. One of my greatest joys in GW2 vanilla was map exploration, but in Heart of Thorns it just feels exhausting. Sometimes it feels like I'm going in circles in an attempt to figure out where basic points of interest markers are. The worst offender is Tangled Depths, where there's layers of navigation puzzles upon navigation puzzles obfuscating basic map events.

I think they overdid the map complexity.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're definitely not wrong. Map exploration used to be a super relaxing activity I could do while watching a movie or something, the new HoT maps I can't do that, I have to concentrate, and the map is useless making them very difficult to navigate.

Come to think of it, a lot of the negative feedback you gave from the very early beta still applies today. :smith:

I wonder if Heart of Thorn's difficult navigation can or will be changed at this point.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

ImPureAwesome posted:

do you have the movement masteries? once i got those, mixed with just learning the map verdent brink became a lot easier for me to go whereever. though i haven't run around much outside vb and ab

Yes. I've become better at navigating much of Verdant Brink, but caves and the canopies are still a hassle.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Happy Halloween, goons!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
My revenant.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Mercurius posted:

It helps that the male Asura VA is basically the best.

"I'll remember you always, you nameless thing."

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Tonight I ended up in a party with a fellow who I found roleplaying at the Rata Sum bar a while ago:

I bumped into him by the Rata Sum bank after that:

You can meet old acquaintances in the strangest places!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When they switched over to the wardrobe system did they take away the transmutation charge for 100% a cap city? Was thinking of spending an afternoon using the blank slot to level a dude to ten for the key and charges a few times.

They did not. You can still get transmutation charges commonly from completing regular maps, too, and SPvP reward tracks reward a fair number of them.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Inzombiac posted:

N-N-NECRO POSTIN'!

In flight

Eschewing traditional Necromancer style, Kill Man is ready to summon the dead in style.

I don't normally like the neon hair colors or the bat wings, but this character pulls it off gloriously.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Does anyone know how to get SweetFX running with the 64 bit client?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Kitty Fantastico posted:

I tried and tried, but in the end the best I got was a silent crash to desktop.

This was easy though, and includes all the SweetFX stuff. It does have mandatory status text in the top left briefly after every loading screen though.
Personally, I'll suffer that as I can't live without LumaSharpen @ 1.5 strength - it looks like the game forgot to put its glasses on without it.

Uhh, summary:
Fire up the Mediator. Add GW2. Name your preset.
Enable your preferred shaders in Pipeline tab. Adjust settings for them in SweetFX tab. Press Apply.
Go back to Mediator tab. Press Update. Select your named preset from the dropdown. Push to Application.
It'll place a ReShade folder, a d3d9.dll, and a ReShade.fx file in the GW2 folder. Cut all 3 and paste them into the bin64 subfolder.

I tried all of that, but nothing happens (aside from the big ugly text spam on load). I wish I understood what I was doing. :(

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Kitty Fantastico posted:

Graphics troubleshooting

Your suggestions fixed my problem. It's annoying having all the ugly text every time there's a loading screen, but I'll take it since it means I get my nicer settings back. Thank you.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

ItBurns posted:

I finally scrounged enough Ley Line Crystals to get this guy.

Dang that looks good.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
The weird numbers involved in Scribing seem like they're rough estimates drawn up as placeholders. For an alpha version. But it went live in this state and has stayed untouched for several weeks now. Have they even said anything about Scribing since launch?

I just want to make shrubberies and stuff to make the guild hall look pretty... :(

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 16, 2015

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Thanks to gliding, I found out a quirk of the sylvari:

Their feet get the luminescence too!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

oxidation posted:

I bought HoT today and apparently I have to wait 4 days to use the AH. Why is that a thing? :/

Brand new accounts have some anti-exploit restrictions on them in the first few days.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Birdpuncher pranks a raid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8IjXAdN1ZA

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

ExHumus posted:

Has more content than Warlords of Draenor, tbh.

That's not saying much.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Apparently, this is what is out of bounds in Dragon's Stand.

• Locked thread