Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I realized after getting Shomi that I hadn't finished watching the single season back when it was on the air, having given up at some point because I didn't like it as much as Battlestar.

I like it a lot more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Whole series is worth it for the (last episode spoiler) Willie/Bill Adama fakeout

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
:mediocre:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I never watched the last episode for some reason

Probably because I wasn't really enjoying it anyway

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Weren't the Colonies in BSG Greek? They have a very Roman feel in Caprica.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I sort of liked the dead cyberpunk girl's story but the rest of the show was garbage. I only watched probably four or five episodes though so I bet it gets REALLY GOOD after that!!!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I actually like the setting a lot more than I did last time around. Us + 75 years (with the exception of the multiple habitable planets thing) and polytheistic is cool.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I liked the naked boobies in the dvd version of the pilot episode the best
Series never really lived up to that afterwards.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Piece of poo poo.

StateOfException
Jul 7, 2013
Shame the first half is so dull - the last run of episodes absolutely knocks it out of the park.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Piece of poo poo.

Nice to meet you

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
That research assistant being sexually attracted to the giant blocky metal robot body the heroine happened to be housed in weirded me right the gently caress out

E: I mean if the robot took the form of a sexy person I would understand the attraction, but who wants to gently caress a giant hulking murderbot? weirdos, that's who

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 8, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I liked it. It was BSG prequeled and reimagined as a sci-fi soap opera.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
It was a good show, but started off way too slow. The first half of the series should have been one episode and everything in the second half and the flash forward in the last episode should have been the rest of the season.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its good almost great but by the end im glad it was only one season

v. ggreat music one of the only shoes i watch teh intro

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Bagarthach posted:

It was a good show, but started off way too slow. The first half of the series should have been one episode and everything in the second half and the flash forward in the last episode should have been the rest of the season.
This times a million. There were things I liked but it suffered from the worst pacing of any show I've ever seen, which was exasperated by the drawn-out broadcasting-schedule.

Quote-Unquote posted:

I strongly recommend watching the last episode. poo poo (finally) happens.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Bad show that catered to awkward nerd shut-ins.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Aperture Priority posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fine show that catered to awkward nerd shut-ins.

:unsmith:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

whats her nuts main character was too hot to be the EGG character in arrested delopment so they changed actreossess

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

numberoneposter posted:

whats her nuts main character was too hot to be the EGG character in arrested delopment so they changed actreossess

Her? (See what I did there?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEurkvWIHZw

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Still in the first half of the series, I think I missed a lot of episodes when it originally aired.

The 50's aesthetic is pretty cheesy at times, like the exposed bulb flash cameras, old timey video recorders used alongside cell phones, virtual reality, and solar system travel...

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
im a cancer

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I did like the sequence when Graystone creates his own avatar of Adama's daughter.

It goes from Joseph being excited to see his daughter to DADDY WHERE AM I THIS IS WRONG HOW DID I GET HERE DADDY I DON'T FEEL ALIVE MAKE IT STOP KILL ME KILL ME :stare: so fast

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't watch it because BSG at that point had turned into a pathetic joke, and I had just watched the dumbest ending of a series of all time.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Battlestar Galactica sucks especially after all that stupid poo poo with clones and numbers and terrible production quality

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Lost interest before the end of the first episode, it was just so boring :shrug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BSG is great as long as you stop watching before/ as soon as they reveal The 4.

It's annoying how the guy who played the presidential assistant wouldn't commit to his job, since that would have had more impact than somebody we hadn't known for very long.

But yeah, that last season was almost unwatchable.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've only seen the battlestar galatica show from the 70s.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You should watch the first few seasons of the "reimagined" series, it's good.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

so you know how the first season of star trek was navy in space and the rest of it is kinda take it as you want psuedo-military stuff, with giant cats chasing around the senior staff and it only gets worse in the next generation and so on, to the point where its not even believable that an earth federation exists with these baffoons, maybe i just want something more political and with consequences, whatever

BSG does a god job for a little while doing the whole navy in space thing

then it gets pretty crazy but at least the music is always good, starbuck is always hot and funny, decent SFX, whatever

its a good show

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I posted this in the Lost thread, but BSG and Lost were both on at the same time and were really cool to watch because it seemed like the writers had a plan for the plot.

But then they didn't, and a new Chaos god was created when they both ended with lovely resolutions.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Someone on Tuesday told me the BSG finale was fine.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

I didn't watch it because BSG at that point had turned into a pathetic joke, and I had just watched the dumbest ending of a series of all time.

:lost:

But not by much.

e:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Someone on Tuesday told me the BSG finale was fine.
The Lost finale was utter rubbish, the BSG finale was adequate but one one the main character arcs ended with "a wizard did it".

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

On episode 15

This show actually IS getting better as it goes on.

They've cut out any actor below the age of 25 and are focusing on the civil war

and all of a sudden we're back to the 50's VR world with swords and poo poo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Good: Sci Fi "Godfather", the progressive use of VR to disconnect from reality

The Bad: Budget "Matrix" VR poo poo, Religious Cult poo poo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

EGG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

The Good: Sci Fi "Godfather", the progressive use of VR to disconnect from reality

The Bad: Budget "Matrix" VR poo poo, Religious Cult poo poo

Add "The Uncle" to The Good, as if that went without saying

That cocaine is doing good 90's sexy secondary work, baby doll

• Locked thread