Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rasmussen posted:

Fat people are parasitic garbage. Death to them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
want to send one of these gigantics back in time so they can scare they poo poo out of folks and be famous

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
and then die lol

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

want to send one of these gigantics back in time so they can scare they poo poo out of folks and be famous

like how far back in time are we talkin?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
you'd have to really work hard to stay 800lbs if you were in the past with none of that pussy corn syrup cheater poo poo that the fatties use today

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Al Borland posted:

like how far back in time are we talkin?

i dunno like the 60s or something poo poo man

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

1960s?

No way man that won't scare anyone.

You gotta go back to like the 1600s. Even then they'll think hes some rich duke.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

fat man gets put in a time machine set for "the 60s", scroll appears in museum of nero feeding christians to him

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

fat man gets put in a time machine set for "the 60s", scroll appears in museum of nero feeding christians to him

nero looks at fat boy and weeps i have never known hedonism until today

lets gently caress

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

nero looks at fat boy and weeps i have never known hedonism until today

lets gently caress

Like I think if you sent them back before recorded history people would be freaked out. They'd make him some kind of pig god and feed him sabretooth.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
iirc nero wasn't particularly hedonistic, he was just a huge rear end in a top hat

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

iirc nero wasn't particularly hedonistic, he was just a huge rear end in a top hat

lame imo

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

It's interesting comparing my class photos from the 1970s to my kids class photos from the 1990s and 2000s. The kids who were considered "fat" when I was in high school would barely qualify as overweight these day and there weren't many of them. My kids' class photos show half the class as being obese/morbidly obese.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Lolie posted:

My guess is son throws tantrums and dad gives in.

My aunt is a nurse who used to work with patients like this, and let me tell you "tantrums" is not the word you are looking for.

These people go into full-on meltdowns when it appears they are not going to get the food they want. They get verbally abusive, even violent if enough time passes. They throw poo poo. They loving poo poo the bed on purpose. They force themselves to vomit in an attempt to feign some starvation related illness. Some of them even self-harm and threaten suicide as a bizarre hostage tactic.

They get scary.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 9, 2015

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Bible posted:

My aunt is a nurse who used to work with patients like this, and let me tell you "tantrums" is not the word you are looking for.

These people go into full-on meltdowns when it appears they are not going to get the food they want. They get verbally abusive, even violent if enough time passes. They throw poo poo. They loving poo poo the bed on purpose. They force themselves to vomit in an attempt to feign some starvation related illness. Some of them even self-harm and threaten suicide as a bizarre hostage tactic.

They get scary.

Yeah, following the links in the youtubes shows this guy to be hella manipulative and his dad's not much better. Maybe it started out as genuine attempts to get his son help, but now it just seems to be a cash grab. I can understand why Biggest Loser and other reality series rejected him.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 9, 2015

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Down to 550.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

you'd have to really work hard to stay 800lbs if you were in the past with none of that pussy corn syrup cheater poo poo that the fatties use today

Complete inactivity is a good way to pile on the pounds.
Here's a strongman who eats 20,000 calories a day and only weighs a svelte 400lbs. I guess working out like crazy uses a bit of energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs40BtGpuCA&hd=1

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

From what I read following the youtube links, he was in the 500s when he was on Dr Phil. He seems to have a habit of making dramatic public appeals for help and then not utilising it when it's given. How many times do you offer the same non-compliant person help before you put them at the bottom of the list and move on to someone who might actually utilise the help.

Dear lord he's got a lot of rear end-patters on his FB page. Some unintended comedy too, especially the request to "respect my privacy" while he's milking the media attention for all it's worth.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 9, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSVqOSdaLJ0

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Lolie posted:

From what I read following the youtube links, he was in the 500s when he was on Dr Phil. He seems to have a habit of making dramatic public appeals for help and then not utilising it when it's given. How many times do you offer the same non-compliant person help before you put them at the bottom of the list and move on to someone who might actually utilise the help.

Dear lord he's got a lot of rear end-patters on his FB page. Some unintended comedy too, especially the request to "respect my privacy" while he's milking the media attention for all it's worth.

I want him to get to 2,000. Why stop when he has come this far. He needs to fulfill his destiny.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Lolie posted:

He seems to have a habit of making dramatic public appeals for help and then not utilising it when it's given. How many times do you offer the same non-compliant person help before you put them at the bottom of the list and move on to someone who might actually utilise the help.

When I heard this story I figured the facility "fired the patient" (and yes people, that can happen if the patient is repeatedly noncompliant and otherwise awful) because while this jerk is having his brand of heroin snuck into rehab there are others like him willing to take responsibility for their problem wishing for the opportunities he's selfishly squandered.

For all the "eww lol fats" posts this jerk is a reason why it makes it that much harder for the morbidly obese to be considered "worthy" of social help with the accompanying mental and emotional problems that led them to food addiction to begin with. His usernames reflect "fat boy" or something similar and it's obvious he's also addicted to the validation he gets from YT "fame." I mean, he made a video from the hospital ER he was brought to yesterday as this story started getting wider attention! The whole situation is sad all around given the enabling father and non-present mom (unsure why that is); even if his addiction and attitude were caused by his parents, he's the one who can choose to get well - physically and mentally, because this already demonstrates the physical part won't happen without the mental.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

ArbitraryC posted:

He lost 20 pounds in 80 days, meanwhile I have a coworker who had the whole "I played football then packed on a bit of pudge" look who lost about a pound a day for a couple weeks when he started a low carb diet starting in the low 200s. It's pretty obvious this guy was actively sabotaging his treatment and at a certain point it just becomes a waste of human resources, what are you going to do shackle him to a bed and forbid communication with anyone outside of hospital staff?

Your mate could probably walk around.
Sitting in a bed isn't exactly going to strip off the kilos.

The Biscuit fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 9, 2015

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Only God can judge

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Biscuit posted:

Your mate could probably walk around.
Sitting in a bed isn't exactly going to strip off the kilos.

The weight losses he's posted on his FB page add up to more than 20 pounds since the beginning of September. One week alone he claimed a loss of 15 pounds. He also referred to the pizza as his "cheat meal", though, and it sounds like he felt entitled to a "cheat meal" every time a loss was recorded.

Honestly, it seems a lot like this guy is angling for his own reality TV show where all the help comes to him on his terms and he gets a nice pay cheque to boot. He had a gofundme for bariatric surgery going for a while as well. The more I read about him, the less I feel any sympathy for him.

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014

The Bible posted:

They get scary.

And if you let them die, you go to jail.

yay(?)

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

The Bible posted:

They get scary.

The behaviour of an addict.

On an unrelated note, imagine you have so many skin rolls that when you take a dump, you cannot predict where the turd will pop out. like *ungg, phew, now we play the waiting game* as the turd snakes its way through the maze of skin folds to eventually pop out of a neck fold 2 days later.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
has anyone considered that the dad might be trying to rid himself of his fat retarded slug boy by feeding him to death

theyd never be able to prove it

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm thinking of having a nice breakfast today. i've got some tomatoes, some eggs, some turkey bacon... yeah, i think today's breakfast is gonna be pretty okay

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the father? If he is a pound less than 300 I will be shocked

The father doesn't look bad. Not sure how tall he is but he doesn't match my definition of "obese". He does look extremely tired, though. And who could blame him.

It's somewhat his own fault for giving in to his son. At the same time, listening to him talk about worrying he'll get evicted is heartbreaking. I would probably attempt to illegally confine my son and force diet restrictions. I think I'd rather to I jail for trying to help than literally kill my child with food.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Obligatory Handle posted:

I want him to get to 2,000. Why stop when he has come this far. He needs to fulfill his destiny.
wasn't this a Judge Dredd character

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Something something Snickers joke.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

drive up to a lake and put a brick on the accelerator imo

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014

XMNN posted:

has anyone considered that the dad might be trying to rid himself of his fat retarded slug boy by feeding him to death

778 lbs in and it's not working!

Hooded Reptile posted:

Something something Snickers joke.

Jesus Christ holy poo poo

that's a nice car

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
People get eating addictions because of massive marketing campaigns that permeate every moment of their lives from literally the day they're born, and because processed food is designed to be addictive. Like dangerous drug level addictive.

This is a cultural, political and economic issue, not a matter of personal willpower.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

XMNN posted:

Dad seems to like the media attention almost as much as kiddo and acts a lot like a stage mum. Mum's in quite a few of the youtubes and clearly indulges him too but doesn't seem to be much of a publicity seeker. Dad's current thing seems to be trying to get someone to get them a new house. He's saying kiddo can't go back to living alone because he'll go back to his old eating habits, ignoring the fact that kiddo kept gaining weight while living with dad too.

Kind of shocked I couldn't find an ED page for this lot. They're worthy of one.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Illegal Username posted:

wasn't this a Judge Dredd character

I am the (bear c)law.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

SHISHKABOB posted:

People get eating addictions because of massive marketing campaigns that permeate every moment of their lives from literally the day they're born, and because processed food is designed to be addictive. Like dangerous drug level addictive.

This is a cultural, political and economic issue, not a matter of personal willpower.

lol that's a bretty gud d&d impression. do another.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

It's interesting comparing my class photos from the 1970s to my kids class photos from the 1990s and 2000s. The kids who were considered "fat" when I was in high school would barely qualify as overweight these day and there weren't many of them. My kids' class photos show half the class as being obese/morbidly obese.

Hmm yes very interesting it's almost like some kind of pervasive systemic health problem facing the nation. Or maybe every kid across the hundreds of thousands of square miles that make up this country are all deciding to be hedonistic all independently and on their own cause gently caress em.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

lol that's a bretty gud d&d impression. do another.

There are obesity epidemics in almost every developed nation on earth. Except for the ones who don't pour corn syrup and antiobiotic beef down their children's throats from the day they're born, and inundate them with happy fun images of consuming huge amounts of sugar and fat and garbage. Like maybe Sweden? Idk, I think they're at least better off than us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

SHISHKABOB posted:

There are obesity epidemics in almost every developed nation on earth. Except for the ones who don't pour corn syrup and antiobiotic beef down their children's throats from the day they're born, and inundate them with happy fun images of consuming huge amounts of sugar and fat and garbage. Like maybe Sweden? Idk, I think they're at least better off than us.

you delivered. thanks.

• Locked thread