Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

People get eating addictions because of massive marketing campaigns that permeate every moment of their lives from literally the day they're born, and because processed food is designed to be addictive. Like dangerous drug level addictive.

This is a cultural, political and economic issue, not a matter of personal willpower.

shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i'm thinking of having a nice breakfast today. i've got some tomatoes, some eggs, some turkey bacon... yeah, i think today's breakfast is gonna be pretty okay

This sounds like a nice breakfast. I'm thinking of having a spinach omelette.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
pizza is designed to be dangerous drug level addicting

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
danger drug

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
SAUCE THAT 'ZA UP BOYS, THE SHEEP WON'T BE ABLE TO RESIST IT NOW

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

guys i ate a pizza and now i'm addicted to heroines, help

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
SMEAR SAUCE ON THE METH. WE HAVE ENTERED PHASE 2

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Illegal Username posted:

wasn't this a Judge Dredd character

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I praise this man's efforts to be just as fat as all hell. I wonder what the theoretical upper limit for human fatness is. At some point the skin will just not be able to support all that flab.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

stop doxxing me

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Examples above show how the media portrays fat people as greedy, commanding, rude, assholes, and uncaring of others. This molds our minds into accepting these stereotypes from young ages (the comic book) to our adult lives (the Simpsons).

Pizza being addicting is not rocket science, it's not some conspiracy either. People who want to sell food make food that tastes good so that people will buy the food. Things like sugar, fat, salt, and others, are things that we naturally crave, and desire more when we get a little. It's really basic business sense. The problem is that these businesses and corporations which are trying to sell these foods have become too powerful. Using the money that they have made, they have insinuated themselves into the government and through lobbying, campaign donations, etc. they heavily influence our national policies.

Take sugar on nutritional labels for example. When the Nutritional Facts label was mandated to be put on all food, food industries lobbied against putting the daily percentage you should get in a day for sugar. Why? Because the absolute most sugar you should eat in a day is about 30 grams.

Hmm how many grams of sugar are in this tiny 12 oz bottle of Gatorade: 21 grams.

Oh.

You just consumed 66% of the MAXIMUM recommended daily amount of sugar in one itsy bitsy bottle.

the same amount of Coca Cola has about twice as much sugar or more.

Food industries did not want this information publicly available on every one of their products because it would reduce sales.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

fat man gets put in a time machine set for "the 60s", scroll appears in museum of nero feeding christians to him

ahahaha

SHISHKABOB posted:

There are obesity epidemics in almost every developed nation on earth. Except for the ones who don't pour corn syrup and antiobiotic beef down their children's throats from the day they're born, and inundate them with happy fun images of consuming huge amounts of sugar and fat and garbage. Like maybe Sweden? Idk, I think they're at least better off than us.

lol no

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

our adult lives (the Simpsons).

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Examples above show how the media portrays fat people as greedy, commanding, rude, assholes, and uncaring of others. This molds our minds into accepting these stereotypes from young ages (the comic book) to our adult lives (the Simpsons).

Pizza being addicting is not rocket science, it's not some conspiracy either. People who want to sell food make food that tastes good so that people will buy the food. Things like sugar, fat, salt, and others, are things that we naturally crave, and desire more when we get a little. It's really basic business sense. The problem is that these businesses and corporations which are trying to sell these foods have become too powerful. Using the money that they have made, they have insinuated themselves into the government and through lobbying, campaign donations, etc. they heavily influence our national policies.

Take sugar on nutritional labels for example. When the Nutritional Facts label was mandated to be put on all food, food industries lobbied against putting the daily percentage you should get in a day for sugar. Why? Because the absolute most sugar you should eat in a day is about 30 grams.

Hmm how many grams of sugar are in this tiny 12 oz bottle of Gatorade: 21 grams.

Oh.

You just consumed 66% of the MAXIMUM recommended daily amount of sugar in one itsy bitsy bottle.

Food industries did not want this information publicly available on every one of their products because it would reduce sales.

shut the gently caress up

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

SHISHKABOB posted:

...the absolute most sugar you should eat in a day is about 30 grams...

lol nigga you serious

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Retard Child Sodas contain massive amounts of sugar ??

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Oh.

Hmmm have you tried self control?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Good to know I could eat nothing but steak and brocolli and still go over the MAXIMUM recommended amount of sugar.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

lol nigga you serious

Technically it's added sugar, but today that's what all sugar is. Go look it up, it's the American Heart Association, and the WHO.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Retard Child Sodas contain massive amounts of sugar ??

Product consumed by millions of adults each day contains absurd amount of sugar ??

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Technically it's added sugar, but today that's what all sugar is. Go look it up, it's the American Heart Association, and the WHO.

Product consumed by millions of adults each day contains absurd amount of sugar ??

real slow walk me through how "added sugar" is metabolically different than naturally occurring sugar

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

corpuscollossus posted:

Only God can judge

Judgment will be swift when he dies of metabolic syndrome and can't fit through the pearly gates.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Do you think the fat guy wants to commit suicide?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

If you're an adult and drink sodas daily you're not a victim of the system, just a lazy fat retard on his way to diabetes hth

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

Good to know I could eat nothing but steak and brocolli and still go over the MAXIMUM recommended amount of sugar.

Wow it's almost as if sugar is not something you should consume in ridiculous quantities. And that's the daily max recommendation. For being healthy, with normal amounts of exercise, etc.

And yes steaks get marinated in loving brown sugar or ketchup or bbq or whatever.

Sugar in broccoli is not added sugar. It is not metabolized in the same way as added sugar from, say, soda. 2.5g of sugar along with 3.8g of fiber and 4.2g of protein and other stuff that is not garbage. Sugar in soda just washes through you in a rush, and then you sit there and it gets turned into fat, because that's what your body does with insane amounts of sugar.

You could eat 100 servings of broccoli a day, that's 250g of sugar, and believe me you won't get fat.

Yet what happens to people who eat shitloads of added sugar ???

They get fat.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

If you're an adult and drink sodas daily you're not a victim of the system, just a lazy fat retard on his way to diabetes hth

It's not about victimizing fat people and accepting them for being fat, it's about reversing the stranglehold that food industries have over our national policy and their influence on our lives through marketing and media throughout our entire lives.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's not about victimizing fat people and accepting them for being fat, it's about reversing the stranglehold that food industries have over our national policy and their influence on our lives through marketing and media throughout our entire lives.

I'd rather have both but :agreed:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
There is a scout in my Troop who is morbidly obese(12 years old and I would not doubt 300lbs) and I have a suspicion he cannot wipe himself as he perpetually smells like literal poo poo. It concerns me therefore I endeavour to restrict his diet on trips(no, you cannot have half the giant loving cobbler I just cooked, no you can't have everyone else's leftover food scraps) to hopelessly delay the inevitable diabetes diagnosis that is albut certain for him as it stands. He doesn't like it and whines/bitches a poo poo load but I'll not be party to some kid killing himself because he never learned basic self control. Let his mother be manipulated into doing that, though I've cautioned her of the risks as well. I realize it is not my place to tell other people's kids how to live but it's rather get berated by pissed off parents than having their not even teenage kid have a heart attack before my very eyes.

Starts off being spoiled, then morphs into psychosis.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 9, 2015

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

They should give him stimulants to suppress his appetite and speed up his metabolism

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Shiskabob is right and I imagine all the goons disagreeing are fat in addition to wrong.

There are so many factors influencing the obesity epidemic and it is not purely a lack of self control. People haven't changed on a fundamental level in just the last few decades.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Thanks for the tip I'm gonna go drink something healthy like Gatorade

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Think of the children, ban the calories

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Wow it's almost as if sugar is not something you should consume in ridiculous quantities. And that's the daily max recommendation. For being healthy, with normal amounts of exercise, etc.

And yes steaks get marinated in loving brown sugar or ketchup or bbq or whatever.

Sugar in broccoli is not added sugar. It is not metabolized in the same way as added sugar from, say, soda. 2.5g of sugar along with 3.8g of fiber and 4.2g of protein and other stuff that is not garbage. Sugar in soda just washes through you in a rush, and then you sit there and it gets turned into fat, because that's what your body does with insane amounts of sugar.

You could eat 100 servings of broccoli a day, that's 250g of sugar, and believe me you won't get fat.

Yet what happens to people who eat shitloads of added sugar ???

They get fat.

You are retarded.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crazyeyes posted:

There is a scout in my Troop ego is morbidly obese(12 years old and I would not doubt 300lbs) and I have a suspicion he cannot wipe himself as he perpetually smells like literal poo poo. It concerns me therefore I endeavour to restrict his diet on trips(no, you cannot have half the giant loving cobbler I just cooked, no you can't have everyone else's leftover food scraps) because diabetes is albut certain for him as it stands. He doesn't like it and whines/bitches a poo poo load but I'll not be party to some kid killing himself because he never learned basic self control. Let his mother be manipulated into doing that, though I've cautioned her of the risks as well.

Starts off being spoiled, then morphs into psychosis.

Mommy gonna sue your for weight-based discrimination

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Toadvine posted:

Shiskabob is right and I imagine all the goons disagreeing are fat in addition to wrong.

That's doubtful, I bet actually a lot of them are perfectly healthy. Most people will stereotype fat people as "poor self esteem". It's what we are told constantly through the media. It's in our faces all the time. If you don't exercise enough, and you eat too much, then you're a LAZY FAT MOTHERFUCKER. It's not even fat people, it's anyone who's at all overweight. Or even in the opposite direction.

Food in America is hosed up.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
What kind of pizza was it and from what restaurant?????????????

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You see BMI isn't really an accurate measurement of obesity, especially for me, a muscle bound badass posting in GBS

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

You are retarded.

OK friend.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Goatfather posted:

when im king fat

So, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Refined sugar is actually a great fuel for your body, it's just that you don't need fuel to sit around in a comfy chair and edit Excel sheets.

• Locked thread