Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

It's coming up on Sunday, and I for one couldn't be more excited.

Let's try not to turn this thread into a "how different it is from the comics" because it's been nice not having to deal with that.

Edit: this show is not Z Nation. This thread is not about Z Nation. Please stop complaining that this show is not that show. Go to that shows thread.

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The Walking Dead tv show is still the only thing I can do to interact with my daughter that doesn't end in a giant scream-fight.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wizard of Smart posted:

It's coming up on Sunday, and I for one couldn't be more excited.

I couldn't be more excited either.

Because I'm not excited at all.

Because the show is bad you see.

Are they gonna bring in Negan this season or what?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
ughhh I'm going to watch another season

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

The Walking Dead tv show is still the only thing I can do to interact with my daughter that doesn't end in a giant scream-fight.

parenting win.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
This show is nothing like the comics. For one its in color.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
RIP the title with the best line in the history of any TV show

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Spoeank posted:

RIP the title with the best line in the history of any TV show

??

eselbaum
Jul 4, 2009

*boop*
"Mother Dick!"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

Make sure to watch Fear the Walking Dead first or you might be lost, and miss out on the Los Angeles rapture, because there's like 5 zombies in the whole city for most of it's run

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Season 5 was the best of the show so far IMO. Looking forward to this.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

There's a vast ocean of poo poo you people don't know poo poo about

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

moist turtleneck posted:

Did I miss a season? When the gently caress did this happen?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Fine grains of poo poo, heeey-oh!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rubber Slug posted:

Every season.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

sounds bad buddy

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Spoeank posted:

ahhhhh yesssss......

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Rubber Slug posted:

Are you saying you missed this too

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
It's that time again for my semi-annual "check out the first episode of the season/mid season of walking dead and get really loving disappointed"

Spoeank posted:

6 seasons of it :smug:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tomahawk posted:

It's that time again for my semi-annual "check out the first episode of the season/mid season of walking dead and get really loving disappointed"

Nah. Last year it was "Holy gently caress that was cooler than I thought it'd be," followed by another "Holy gently caress they actually resolved a plot, that's awesome." Carol single-handedly wiping their entire town off the map might be one of the series best moments, to be honest.

Then there was a dead zone of pure and utter horseshit, that kind of picked back up at the end.

moist turtleneck posted:

Are you saying you missed this too

I wish I had archives to go get all the images showing how loving stupid Beth's head wound was, to the point people insisted it wasn't her head wound until the flashback scene later showed it was. Yeah I'll never let that go because while a small thing in a sea of stupidity, it shows how loving lazy the directing was.

"Yeah, uh, shoot her from below the chin. Yeah the makeup people put the bullet wound on the top of her head, whatever, nobody loving cares just film it, we don't need to fix this."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 10, 2015

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nah. Last year it was "Holy gently caress that was cooler than I thought it'd be," followed by another "Holy gently caress they actually resolved a plot, that's awesome." Carol single-handedly wiping their entire town off the map might be one of the series best moments, to be honest.

Then there was a dead zone of pure and utter horseshit, that kind of picked back up at the end.

I wish I had archives to go get all the images showing how loving stupid Beth's head wound was, to the point people insisted it wasn't her head wound until the flashback scene later showed it was. Yeah I'll never let that go because while a small thing in a sea of stupidity, it shows how loving lazy the directing was.

"Yeah, uh, shoot her from below the chin. Yeah the makeup people put the bullet wound on the top of her head, whatever, nobody loving cares just film it, we don't need to fix this."

I'm still irritated Beth's big plan was to "stab" her with a tiny rear end pair of cuticle scissors in the thick, fat part of her arm. Genius.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KilGrey posted:

I'm still irritated Beth's big plan was to "stab" her with a tiny rear end pair of cuticle scissors in the thick, fat part of her arm. Genius.

I love how both big character deaths, Beth and Tyreese, both left me going "That was really loving dumb" and feeling zero sympathy for the characters.

In Beth's case, she just went suicide-by-cop and decided to endanger EVERYONE including her friends for something that could have never ever killed anyone. In Tyreese's case, he folded like a total pussy after being bit by a little kid walker and instead of going to get his arm taken off, he just sat under a desk. Funniest moment was when he lost his hammer, and then the zombie started kicking his rear end, like it was loving Mjolnir or something.

Then of course there was Noah, which turned unintentionally hilarious because literally everyone was joking about him dying next to satisfy Black Highlander and then bam, pointless character. I sure am glad they spent so much time building him up and making him into the "heroic sacrifice" for Beth to just kill him a few episodes later.

... anyway looking forward to the premiere which will be great and also the sharp decline I expect immediately after.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 10, 2015

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did we ever figure out if the Terminus people were actually cannibals or not?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah, they ate Bob's leg, remember?

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
The entire hospital arc was stupid.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

The blood on Beth's forehead was spatter not the entry wound :supaburn: Good grief can we never bring this up again! :lol:

Looking forward to the new season!

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

They were feeding rats to the prison zombies and setting off alarms.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, they ate Bob's leg, remember?

Pretty sure that was Herschel.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Markorjoshua posted:

Wow I had no idea Herschel was a cannibal. Good thing they left him with the Vatos.

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006

Markorjoshua posted:

No, Herschel ate Shane's leg. And drank all his water.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wizard of Smart posted:

They were feeding rats to the prison zombies and setting off alarms.

Pretty sure they were responsible for Laurie's car wreck in season 2, too.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i like this show

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i like this show

Get the gently caress out of this thread.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I have Fear the Walking Dead saved up on my DVR, should I bother?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

KilGrey posted:

If you enjoy The Walking Dead for any reason, yes, it's pretty decent.

edit:
to clarify "decent", it doesn't add anything new or contribute to the genre, much less the story as a whole

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

KilGrey posted:

Do you care why characters do the things that they do? If not, you'll probably like it. If you liked the hospital arc then this is a show for you.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bored posted:

Pretty sure they were responsible for Laurie's car wreck in season 2, too.

Take a closer look and you'll spot the culprit.

KilGrey posted:

If you enjoy a series set in a major city like LA that becomes completely abandon for 4 of the 6 episodes, with like 1 or 2 walkers for miles, while the military keeps acting like they are getting their rear end kicked by the 1 zombie in the street, then you'll love Fear

Or maybe not even then. There's three amusing characters on the show tops and they should just end it and bring them onto TWD.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

If you enjoy The Walking Dead for any reason, yes, it's pretty decent.

edit:
to clarify "decent", it doesn't add anything new or contribute to the genre, much less the story as a whole

It does add a few good scenes of the chaos as the outbreak begins, but extremely quickly puts the brakes on that and devolves into a farmhouse scenario/"safe place but run by evil people our heroes must get away from" that TWD is so very extremely fond of.

The characters are marginal at best but the first 3 or so episodes are worth seeing if you like TWD, the next 3 nothing happens that isn't straight out of TWD's playbook of treadmill bullshit.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

It does add a few good scenes of the chaos as the outbreak begins

Seriously though, there's a lovely poorly shot riot and we seem some distance shots of 1 or 2 zombies attacking. Keep in mind the zombie plague existed for weeks before the apparent rapture of LA happened, with zombies... sneakily disappearing to ninja-turn people in crowds and poo poo. Every single thing about Fear was hosed up at the conception stage.

Zombies only really show up in the final episode and to be honest, despite one cool shot, it was really dumb.

I should note I am really, really not exaggerating. They have a lovely fence that people even cut through no problem that is keeping out the whole 0 walkers trying to get into their community while the military brags about a "company record" of 86 kills in a city of millions. They handled it so badly a few major characters die off-screen running into a building, and try to act like it's a great loss for the military, when you can just walk around outside with zero risk.

ED: The redeeming points are El Salivdad, Junkie Depp and Smoothest Talker.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

KilGrey posted:

No those people are even bigger boring assholes then the ones in this show. Go watch Z-Nation instead.

• Locked thread