Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/comments/37qzl1/rant_vent_so_this_happen_in_the_bus_yesterday/ posted:

It was late, and I was in that place of the bus where there's space for wheelchairs. End of a long day.

A 50 something worker dude goes into the bus. Heavy bag, size of a 5 year old, obviously troublesome, filled with who knows what. A family of three goes into, too: Woman, man and 15 y-o girl. The woman is complaining about something, but I don't pay any attention.

I am occupying the space of the wheelchair, and I see that the worker dude is barely managing with space. The bus is crammed. And I say to him "Come here". Mark it, I say it out loud, and many people hear me. He smiles, and begins to move towards the place I've just left free.

The woman rushes into that space. Gives me a defiant look and says "What? I have bags too". She has, indeed, 2 plastic bags. One has a pair of socks. The other has some odd few sheets of papers.

Calmed voice, but exasperated, I say: "I meant to give that place to the man with the heavy bag, he looks tired and he looks like he needs it".

"I need it too, and it's mine now".

I look around, and the whole bus looks pissed. Except the husband. He looks apologetically and shrugs.

I look at the kid, and she's embarrassed out of her senses.

And I snapped.

I can't repeat verbatim what I said, but...

First, to the kid:

"Does she says "because I'm your mother" a lot?"

Nods.

"Is she mean, does she scream a lot?"

Begins to nod, mother interrupts:

"You have no right to talk to my daughter like that."

"You are not the victim here. Don't act hurt. This guy has been working for an entire day and has to carry a big heavy bag around. You take advantage of social politeness and assume I'll stay put, I won't. I know you way more than you can even imagine. Are your ankles sore? Because you walked so much? I bet your family's ears have put up more of your complaining than you could ever tolerate. You are not a victim, you are a monster. You don't have any regard for anybody else but yourself, and you take your husband and your daughter hostage of your random childish whims. It was my place, I won't force you out of it, but you should be ashamed of yourself for what you've done. You won't be, of course, because you do believe you are always the victim."

And then, to the girl

"For your own good, for your own health, remember this: Love is not due, it's earned. You don't have to love anybody if they don't deserve it. To be loved, she has to be lovable. "Because I'm your mother" is the weakest argument in the whole wide world, and you shouldn't put up with anybody screaming at you, or being violent towards you, under no circumstance. You are not alone, and you deserve being loved and having friends and being happy and being free. Please, never forget what has happened here. Learn to recognize hate disguised as love. Learn to say no. She can't do anything to you, if you don't allow it first. She is not the victim, and she will never will be, you are. You are not responsible for her misery, she is responsible for yours."

All the while I'm saying this, she is screaming at me, at her daughter, at her husband. Shrieking. "do something, I won't allow this"... But I'm talking to the girl, and she is listening. She is actually listening to me. And I see it in the way she looks at me, I'm totally right. I'm really actually hitting every single possible nail, every single possible trigger, and she begins to cry.

And then the mother pushes me. She pushes me strong, and I recoil, and I tumble and fall. They get off the bus, almost immediately.

And the worker takes his place, thanks me, and says he's sorry.

There's no big applause, there's no roar of thunder, driver acts as if nothing has happened.

But god, am I proud of myself!

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Yeah, child abuse is hilarious

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wish there was a way i could communicate to you to "SUCK MY drat BALLS, OP" without being kind of a "dick" about it. so just like, whatevs. OK?

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
is anyone else gay?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im the trigger warner about kids penguin cartoon movies

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

extra stout posted:

im the trigger warner about kids penguin cartoon movies

Seriously though that movie was terrible.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this is the worst thread ever congrats

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

imagine bieng like "I wish I said that in that situation earlier," and then going home and writing about the situation as though you had actually said those things, and telling pretty much a made up version of the events as though it were true

me, I just go "drat I wish I said that, oh well."

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
any story in which the protagonist expertly delivers a scathing but erudite and well-reasoned takedown in a public argument automatically disqualifies it from having happened anywhere but in the hero's mind

E:f,b by The Fonz. Ayyyyyy!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Post more,things.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I have ulcerative colitis. Last semester of college, packed schedule, professors refusing to honor my academic accommodations for my disability, stress and my medicine deciding to stop working did me in. I had been in pain for about four months before it got really bad but when it did, it got bad fast.
I went to the emergency room expecting to just get some pain meds and go home. I ended up staying for four days because

I was dehydrated, malnorished, anemic, the inflammation Rate in my body was three times what it was supposed to be, and I was so low on potassium my heart was beating irregularly. I didn't post about it on social media or even tell anyone but my boyfriend and best friend because I didn't want fallout.

Well two days in a nurse told me my mother had called and wanted to know about my condition. I'm 20 so they couldn't tell her anything without my consent. She wanted permission to tell her more. I stressed that she shouldn't and told her not to give her my room number. Awhile later I got a nosy visit from a nurse asking if my mother really did anything to me or if I was just "being a teenager". I told her she tried to murder me multiple times and beat me my whole life. She told me that often times kids think they're being abused when they aren't and I likely wasn't remembering the beatings in the right context. A few hours later my mother showed up. Yelling about how I'm so stupid for getting sick and how I do it on purpose. She had called the whole family and told them and implied it was because my boyfriend doesn't take care of me and I party. I had to call security to get her out. Before they came she told me that she's taking me to court and becoming my legal guardian so I have to move home. Apparently she thinks that she can "take" my apartment and move my brothers in with my boyfriend and room mate because I don't deserve to live there. She sent my sister a few hours later and I had to call security on her and her boyfriend too.

Now my mother spends her time driving by my apartment, calling family talking poo poo about me, and harassing all my doctors. It's to the point where they asked me to fill out forms so she can't get any info. I filled out the forms and I'm waiting to see her reaction. She honestly thinks that I belong to her and she can just "take me back" from my boyfriend. Which is odd. She doesn't believe I can just be my own person. In her head I'm property. I don't belong to him OR her. She only wants my disability checks and pain killers. She doesn't care about me in any way. I'm just sick and vulnerable and she's hopping on the opportunity to harass me while I'm down.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I do not like monkeys. The fact that when I volunteered at the exotic animal shelter they would poop into their hands and throw it has always stuck with me. Lions would also walk up to you (on the other side of the fence) and turn their butt toward you and spray you. So I said no monkeys and no lions. Her whole nursery is butterfly themed. Purple blue butterflys. What does she tell them to get me? Monkeys, lions, and all pink....

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I have ulcerative colitis. Last semester of college, packed schedule, professors refusing to honor my academic accommodations for my disability, stress and my medicine deciding to stop working did me in. I had been in pain for about four months before it got really bad but when it did, it got bad fast.
I went to the emergency room expecting to just get some pain meds and go home. I ended up staying for four days because

I was dehydrated, malnorished, anemic, the inflammation Rate in my body was three times what it was supposed to be, and I was so low on potassium my heart was beating irregularly. I didn't post about it on social media or even tell anyone but my boyfriend and best friend because I didn't want fallout.

Well two days in a nurse told me my mother had called and wanted to know about my condition. I'm 20 so they couldn't tell her anything without my consent. She wanted permission to tell her more. I stressed that she shouldn't and told her not to give her my room number. Awhile later I got a nosy visit from a nurse asking if my mother really did anything to me or if I was just "being a teenager". I told her she tried to murder me multiple times and beat me my whole life. She told me that often times kids think they're being abused when they aren't and I likely wasn't remembering the beatings in the right context. A few hours later my mother showed up. Yelling about how I'm so stupid for getting sick and how I do it on purpose. She had called the whole family and told them and implied it was because my boyfriend doesn't take care of me and I party. I had to call security to get her out. Before they came she told me that she's taking me to court and becoming my legal guardian so I have to move home. Apparently she thinks that she can "take" my apartment and move my brothers in with my boyfriend and room mate because I don't deserve to live there. She sent my sister a few hours later and I had to call security on her and her boyfriend too.

Now my mother spends her time driving by my apartment, calling family talking poo poo about me, and harassing all my doctors. It's to the point where they asked me to fill out forms so she can't get any info. I filled out the forms and I'm waiting to see her reaction. She honestly thinks that I belong to her and she can just "take me back" from my boyfriend. Which is odd. She doesn't believe I can just be my own person. In her head I'm property. I don't belong to him OR her. She only wants my disability checks and pain killers. She doesn't care about me in any way. I'm just sick and vulnerable and she's hopping on the opportunity to harass me while I'm down.

maybe im reading this wrong but this one seems genuinely hosed up

like some of the posts seem like people venting about actual bad parenting but most of them are indecipherable jargon filled diary entries from manchildren

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I've posted here before about psycho Nstepmom and her need to control everything with me and my boyfriend, but I couldn't find the original article.
We're both 29.
I have a curfew. 2am.
Boyfriend gets off work at 11pm
The ONLY time we get to see each other is on the weekends. And I still can't spend the night, I have to be home by 2am.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
puggernaught you need to learn to choose your screenbabs better I have a babclass you can bcom to

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Please bring good things from 4chan and please do not bring bad things from 4chan, thanks

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Another day of self loathing. Borrowed some milk from upstairs last night (renting out my parents downstairs). Dad said to me as if talking to a dog "bring that back up when you're done." Got side tracked and forgot, was just going to bring it up in the morning so I didn't wake them up during the night. He stomps downstairs at 4 in the morning as loud as he can, makes a bunch of noise to let it be known that heaven forbid he walked all the way downstairs to grab it. Must be a big deal because my mom mentioned "oh so you're out of milk huh." today. Now dreading for when he comes and yells at me about it.

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

ayy lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Sheep-Goats posted:

Please bring good things from 4chan and please do not bring bad things from 4chan, thanks

ayy

lmao

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Cool mom

quote:

My Nmom has reached a new level of delusion today. We were at the grocery store and I had loaded all of the food onto the conveyor belt while Nmom is rooting through her wallet, starting to throw a fit because she thinks she forgot her store discount card. She does this every time we go out somewhere. She's so disorganized she loses things in her bag and gets really angry when she thinks she lost what ever item it was and then starts lashing out at everyone else around her.
Anyway I turn to walk down toward the check out after all the food is loaded up on the belt and apparently I'm not walking fast enough for because she's pushing the empty cart up against my back as I walk. She then rams into me. I glance back at her, assuming it was an accident, I tell her to stop and she nods at me and I turn back around. Then BAM BAM she runs into me two more times. I tell her to stop after each time and walk faster. With the final crash she hits my ankle with the cart full force and I stumble forward. I stood there for a second in disbelief then turn around, grab the front of the cart, as she's STILL pushing me and firmly and loudly say "STOP." "I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING," she hissed back, "it's the cart! It rolled away! It rolled into you," she said as her hands are firmly planted on the handle and she is CONTINUING to try and push me further down the check out isle. She finally stops when she realizes the cashier is standing there with her mouth hanging open, looking horrified.
Afterwards in the parking lot, I was scolded for embarrassing her in front of the cashier and "always accusing her of trying to kill me."

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

And last but not least: "You're on your period? Wear the adult diapers I gave you so you don't stain the bed. [followed by a DISGUSTINGLY DETAILED TUTORIAL ON HOW TO PLACE MY DIAPERS ONTO MY BLOODY VAGINA]. You BETTER put the diaper on tonight or else"

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

ayyliano

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyzK6e6py9A
lmao

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I do not like monkeys. The fact that when I volunteered at the exotic animal shelter they would poop into their hands and throw it has always stuck with me. Lions would also walk up to you (on the other side of the fence) and turn their butt toward you and spray you. So I said no monkeys and no lions. Her whole nursery is butterfly themed. Purple blue butterflys. What does she tell them to get me? Monkeys, lions, and all pink....

hot

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

hahahahahaha

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The apple clearly hasn't fallen far from the tree. What a whiny, entitled, narcissistic bunch the posters themselves are.

Aug 4, 2010

the kid got owned

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
millenials, am i right

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I don't like this reddit place

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Another day of self loathing. Borrowed some milk from upstairs last night (renting out my parents downstairs). Dad said to me as if talking to a dog "bring that back up when you're done." Got side tracked and forgot, was just going to bring it up in the morning so I didn't wake them up during the night. He stomps downstairs at 4 in the morning as loud as he can, makes a bunch of noise to let it be known that heaven forbid he walked all the way downstairs to grab it. Must be a big deal because my mom mentioned "oh so you're out of milk huh." today. Now dreading for when he comes and yells at me about it.

my parents told me to do something AS IF I'M AN IDIOT and then i didn't do it and they got upset at me GOD gently caress YOU MOM AND DAD

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i like these stories because they remind me of when i was 15 and my step mother asked me if i wanted to get out and pump the gas at the gas station and i just sulked and said "no... not really" and she got ticked off at me (because i was being a bit of a turd)

thank god reddit didnt exist when i was 15, holy poo poo.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Gotta love the "I cut off contact and my family didn't contact me to tell me about event X" comments. And the adults whose plan for escaping the parental "stranglehold" is to go live with grandparents or aunts. Way to be independent.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
why is there a n in front of mom and stepmom.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Lord Binky posted:

why is there a n in front of mom and stepmom.
probably stands for narcissistic :frogbon:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
THank you.

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

If you want great poo poo posts go to /r/relationships 14 year olds giving out relationship advice that is either he/shes cheating on you or immediately get a divorce.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Steinuh posted:

If you want great poo poo posts go to /r/relationships 14 year olds giving out relationship advice that is either he/shes cheating on you or immediately get a divorce.

/r/bestoflegaladvice tops pretty much everything for revealing the sheer stupidity of people.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Steinuh posted:

So basically E/N?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

cool man, why don't you go post there instead of here?

• Locked thread