Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
their garlic sauce smells like my nuts after a long workout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mandator posted:

this was years ago but i'm pretty sure i tipped 20% anyway because unless you literally attack me physically i usually think 20% is fair

like, it is really loving hard to not get 20% from me

i tip everywhere because you couldn't pay me 150,000 a year to work in a restaurant. i think i'd do it for 160

Can you tip me on a regular basis? I could use the money.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Al Borland posted:

Can you tip me on a regular basis? I could use the money.

i just don't feel like a waiter should be punished for a mistake they more than likely didn't even make. and if they are being an rear end in a top hat, that makes sense, they are a waiter. they have to wait on assholes all day

like, if my food is wrong, there is a whole process involved and i'm not sure where it failed. did the chef gently caress up? did the waitress not hear me because she's being overworked? maybe

who cares. 20% should just be built in

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mandator posted:

i just don't feel like a waiter should be punished for a mistake they more than likely didn't even make. and if they are being an rear end in a top hat, that makes sense, they are a waiter. they have to wait on assholes all day

like, if my food is wrong, there is a whole process involved and i'm not sure where it failed. did the chef gently caress up? did the waitress not hear me because she's being overworked? maybe

and this ltierally applies to anything that involves tipping

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mandator posted:

Yes, but, 20% for me please?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

the only time i'm actively an rear end in a top hat to people on my job, it's when they complain about the stupidest poo poo, and it's always hispanic mothers for some reason. when the pool gets rained out, they're always the ones to nag me for a refund if i'm working admissions despite there being a big loving sign saying "no refunds". what i can do is give rain checks, but if they're assholes about it, i can always just conveniently drop the pen or say i "misplaced" the checkbook and not find it for a good 30 seconds while they're standing in the rain. it's quite fun.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

the only time i'm actively an rear end in a top hat to people on my job, it's when they complain about the stupidest poo poo, and it's always hispanic mothers for some reason. when the pool gets rained out, they're always the ones to nag me for a refund if i'm working admissions despite there being a big loving sign saying "no refunds". what i can do is give rain checks, but if they're assholes about it, i can always just conveniently drop the pen or say i "misplaced" the checkbook and not find it for a good 30 seconds while they're standing in the rain. it's quite fun.

this bums me out for you and the hispanic mothers who want their money back

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

symbolic posted:

Gooood

Gooooooood.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

this bums me out for you and the hispanic mothers who want their money back
whyzat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I live in a civilized state that requires that restaurant workers all make at least minimum wage, so my tip largely depends on the quality of the service I receive. If they want a good tip they better provide reasonable service - this isn't one of those barbaric states that allows wait staff to be paid like $2 because the rest is supposed to be made up in tips.

Also, in my drinking days, I always tipped bartenders well regardless. It helped keep those drinks coming frequent and strong.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

what if, like, that was their entertainment budget for the kids that day? they can't use a rain-check to take them somewhere else

maybe i'm overthinking it

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mandator posted:

what if, like, that was their entertainment budget for the kids that day? they can't use a rain-check to take them somewhere else

Maybe they should look at the weather forecast before they go to the outdoor pool.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Al Borland posted:

Maybe they should look at the weather forecast before they go to the outdoor pool.

fair enough

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

gently caress tips and gently caress tipping. Just pay the drivers better and charge 50 cents more for your frozen garbage pizza, it'll still save people 2 or 3 bucks.

Also hour+ delivery times any time after like 8pm are 99% of the time our polite way of saying we don't want your business, go away so we can finish cleaning and go home because we don't get paid enough to give a gently caress about the customer.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Great Beer posted:

gently caress tips and gently caress tipping. Just pay the drivers better and charge 50 cents more for your frozen garbage pizza, it'll still save people 2 or 3 bucks.

Also hour+ delivery times any time after like 8pm are 99% of the time our polite way of saying we don't want your business, go away so we can finish cleaning and go home because we don't get paid enough to give a gently caress about the customer.

i genuinely do not know if i am supposed to tip if i order a take-out order at a restaurant

i tip, i just don't know what the protocol is

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

not, like, a chinese take-out

more like a restaurant that is considered a sit down restaurant. like... long horns or some poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

Al Borland posted:

this, and as i said there's a large sign right outside the admissions booth that says "NO REFUNDS". that's management's decision, not mine, so all i can do is write rain checks.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

this, and as i said there's a large sign right outside the admissions booth that says "NO REFUNDS". that's management's decision, not mine, so all i can do is write rain checks.

i'm just bummed out somebody is willing to argue with you over what i'm assuming is a pretty small amount of cash, relatively speaking

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

over a decision you didn't make

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

i'm just bummed out somebody is willing to argue with you over what i'm assuming is a pretty small amount of cash, relatively speaking
ehhhh, depends. prices change after 4. let's say it's her and her cookiecutter family of a father and two kids. if she had paid before 4, then it'd be $22 ($5 for kids, $6 for adults). after 4, $12 ($3 per person). i can see being a tad upset at $22, but for $12 it's not worth it to make a fuss and honestly, if you sass me over $12, you're a dick and i will loathe you.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
papa dong :dong:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Mandator posted:

i genuinely do not know if i am supposed to tip if i order a take-out order at a restaurant

better make a thread about it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

what's even better is when they talk about me in Spanish to their family and think i don't understand. sucks for them i'm conversational in Spanish and i can tell when they call me an rear end in a top hat

Palantas
Apr 3, 2007
Sweet.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Also, in my drinking days, I always tipped bartenders well regardless. It helped keep those drinks coming frequent and strong.

This is wisdom... Other then describing "drinking days" in past tense.

[Signatures Should Be Banned]

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

what's even better is when they talk about me in Spanish to their family and think i don't understand. sucks for them i'm conversational in Spanish and i can tell when they call me an rear end in a top hat

i feel like working at a public pool for a summer has to be equivalent to four years of spanish in high school

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mandator posted:

i feel like working at a public pool for a summer has to be equivalent to four years of spanish in high school
it's also good birth control

kids are assholes, especially at the snack bar and 50% of the time they either don't have enough change so they have to run back to mommy or they pay for $1.75 worth of candy with a $20 bill. assholes.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

it's also good birth control

kids are assholes, especially at the snack bar and 50% of the time they either don't have enough change so they have to run back to mommy or they pay for $1.75 worth of candy with a $20 bill. assholes.

Ultimate pool dad: beer gut, oakleys, and unabsorbed sun tan lotion paying in wet $100's

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Mandator posted:

not, like, a chinese take-out

more like a restaurant that is considered a sit down restaurant. like... long horns or some poo poo

well they get taxed on a percent of total sales, so the government assumes they got a tip on that order. A nominal tip is appreciated. No one is expecting you to tip as if you had table service.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mandator posted:

If you tip while getting food to go you're a fool.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
heh you get heh papa johns or other heh delivery pizza heh i live in new york i have the best of every kind of pizza heh allow me to share my opinions on amazing pizza heh

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
lmao 68 minutes for a papa johns pizza you could literally walk to a grocery store and shoplift like ten totino's pizzas (they cant arrest you as totinos pizza is legally classified as refuse) and then walk to a convienence store and use their microwave to microwave them all and then eat them in the store and shjit on the floor and still make it back home before 68 minutes had elapsed

also it would have teasted better.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

down n out posted:

Ultimate pool dad: beer gut, oakleys, and unabsorbed sun tan lotion paying in wet $100's
actually, most of the dads at the pool are either chiseled or average weight. i hardly ever see beer guts, and if i do they're usually on some 60 year old guy who comes with his decidedly younger wife.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

A Stupid Baby posted:

lmao 68 minutes for a papa johns pizza you could literally walk to a grocery store and shoplift like ten totino's pizzas (they cant arrest you as totinos pizza is legally classified as refuse) and then walk to a convienence store and use their microwave to microwave them all and then eat them in the store and shjit on the floor and still make it back home before 68 minutes had elapsed

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Philthy posted:

is the Op making GBS threads out his intestines yet

poop update:
Concise, even, clean poops. No problems.

A Stupid Baby posted:

I knew and willingly committed myself to a bad idea

their "sauces" are loving disgusting. Also the tiny pepperoncini was withered and dry. I don't know why they include it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Bummer. Requesting a large amount of extra pepperoncini is the only enjoyable thing about ordering from them.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

SniperWoreConverse posted:

their "sauces" are loving disgusting. Also the tiny pepperoncini was withered and dry. I don't know why they include it
they are the exact size, shape and taste of Papa John Schnatter's dick, it's an ego thing.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Full Metal Jackass posted:

plus I think it's a requirement to play for pittsburgh

No! Not every Steeler is a rapist, you can also fight and torture dogs to death.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mandator posted:

For take out, generally no.

The only exception I make is if the person getting my food is extremely happy/outgoing and interacts with you because they want to, or does something like finding a coupon for us that we didn't know about.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Philthy posted:

For take out, generally no.

The only exception I make is if the person getting my food is extremely happy/outgoing and interacts with you because they want to, or does something like finding a coupon for us that we didn't know about.

Yeah, this. I picked up 6 pizzas (think individual pizzas... it's a "Famous Pizza" chain in NJ) for my parents and some family this weekend and the guys behind the counter were working their asses off (football + baseball playoffs = lots of orders) and were still polite. Came out to $24 and some change and I let them have the rest of the $30 because, hey, I feel they earned it.

Under normal circumstances I don't tip with takeout unless I'm paying with cash (this place is cash only) and I don't feel like the coins. Otherwise they need to be going above and beyond to get a tip.

Same with a sit down restaurant. If friendly/outgoing or really make it seem like they value me as a customer, they get rewarded for the service. As in the definition of what a tip is.

For sit down service, I always tip unless they are straight up disasters... and even then I would only not tip if they were rude on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you tip.

Here's a tip: GET A REAL JOB

• Locked thread