Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Wreath of Barbs posted:

Oh hey, yeah, I didn't notice that. The option itself doesn't seem to work correctly at the moment, at least not for me, but it'll be nifty when it does.

And on the same note: I wonder if anything at all changes if you remain completely professional with her in the dialogue or choose not to pack your wedding ring or the photo of Julia.

Oh god, I forgot to pack the wedding ring, now I feel terrible

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Well, I'm going to write some words about this game!

I had high hopes that this wasn't just going to be another one of those kinds of games. You know the ones, the 2 hour walking simulator where "the journey *is* the story. I even asked my friend if it was one of those kinds of games and they told me that it was an actual game with a story which made me actually interested.

I was really loving bummed out with how it ended up. The character interaction between Henry and Delilah was great at the start. It was natural and funny dialogue between 2 people running away from their problems and trying to deal with them in the middle of the rear end nowhere wilderness. Then when the game throws the curveball in the story about the hi-jacked radios and the hint of some government meddling/experiment I started to get pretty invested, I love a good sci-fi and was hoping that it would pan out in the way the game wanted you to have it pan out.

But then the twist happens. All of the build up just ended up landing so loving flat for me. Secret government operations? Hidden camps? Locked caves with potential answers and even more questions? Nope. Just a dead kid. It all came crashing down with an emaciated corpse. Was I actually supposed to feel something there? Because to me I just felt cheated out of a good story that ended up to be just another loving bait and switch walking simulator. I felt like they could have done so much more with the story and character interaction Then at the very end when you find the tape addressed to you it just made me angry. That was the huge reveal? Just a PTSD guy who went mad after his kid accidentally died.

I honestly think it would have worked better as an indie film.

I think for me it was completely the opposite. When all of this creepy/conspiracy poo poo starts happening it was a bit of a :rolleyes: moment for me, which I was pleasantly surprised to have flipped the other way. As for the finale itself, I was left feeling like I needed a bit more closure, but on the whole I found myself pretty happy with the ending and the story as a whole.

• Locked thread