Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Aw yeah that was a cool demo, lots of fun was had. EA said there's not going to be DLC so this is totally going to be an awesome purchase without regret once people stop playing it in December. Heck, you don't even need a good PC to run it, it looks gorgeous on low because there's only 40 people per game. It's time for good Star Wars games to be in vogue again, this is it. This is now. Welcome to whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aw yeah that was a cool demo, lots of fun was had. EA said there's not going to be DLC so this is totally going to be an awesome purchase without regret once people stop playing it in December. Heck, you don't even need a good PC to run it, it looks gorgeous on low because there's only 40 people per game. It's time for good Star Wars games to be in vogue again, this is it. This is now. Welcome to whatever

depressing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

dude

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

*OP sees a fresh pile of dog turds on the ground* Anyone else going to touch this?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There's at least 8 maps!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Business section of the New York Times had a multipage article about Star Wars Battlefront and it was really weird seeing people with no clue what a video game actually is write hundreds and hundreds of words about it for some unfathomable reason. This thread doesn't need to exist.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I googled "battlefront 3 season pass" and the first result is Forbes, good poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is this a thread using irony to talk about how much it hates something? Hmm. Sounds a little uhhhh... you know.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Gas

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is this a thread using irony to talk about how much it hates something? Hmm. Sounds a little uhhhh... you know.

It's good game, just EA'd is all.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Not me.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm Star Wars'ed out, OP. Time to usher in a new era of Star Peace(s). Star Treaties? Star Mutually Beneficial Reach Arounds?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I beat broken age the other day. Edit oops wrong thread haha. Well might as well talk about it in this one since I'm here, lol. The art and music was good, which I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised with the gameplay - the puzzles were challenging without being obtuse, as opposed to being classic point-and-click hard or telltale point-and-click easy. If I had one criticism, it'd be the story - it kind of petered out at the end. Still, though, for a free PS plus game, it was a nice treat. -g0m

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no they will not posted:

I beat broken age the other day. Edit oops wrong thread haha. Well might as well talk about it in this one since I'm here, lol. The art and music was good, which I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised with the gameplay - the puzzles were challenging without being obtuse, as opposed to being classic point-and-click hard or telltale point-and-click easy. If I had one criticism, it'd be the story - it kind of petered out at the end. Still, though, for a free PS plus game, it was a nice treat. -g0m

how was it on a controller

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This thread is GBS

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

elf help book posted:

The shoulder buttons cycle through inventory objects, and you can press square to examine, and the right analog stick snaps the cursor to nearby interactable objects, so it works pretty well. I assume the vita version has touch screen controls too? The vita grim fandango did anyway.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

The shoulder buttons cycle through inventory objects, and you can press square to examine, and the right analog stick snaps the cursor to nearby interactable objects, so it works pretty well. I assume the vita version has touch screen controls too? The vita grim fandango did anyway.

Was grim fandango remake any good?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'd never played the original so I can't compare it to that but I had fun with it... it was pretty buggy when I played it though. It crashed midway through year 2 and it doesn't autosave and I hadn't saved since the start so I haven't played it since

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

elf help book posted:

Flying the ships was better with a controller than KB+M.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Flying the ships was better with a controller than KB+M.

Get out of my thread

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no they will not posted:

I'd never played the original so I can't compare it to that but I had fun with it... it was pretty buggy when I played it though. It crashed midway through year 2 and it doesn't autosave and I hadn't saved since the start so I haven't played it since

the original is also buggy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

turns out the game has a rushed ending, its sometime hard to find the thing you need and some bad cases of adventure game logic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like point and click adventures

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the best point + click adventure. monkey island ? or

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I like them too but there is a lot of bad ones out there and I get burned a lot by them. I need to be careful where i point and click.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

probably. i like sam and max but it's almost impossible without using a guide

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like day of the tentacle more than the other old lucasarts games

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Voted 3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

i like day of the tentacle more than the other old lucasarts games

ive never played it lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I.N.R.I posted:

Shadows of the Empire

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Monkey Islands probably the best, but day of the tentcle, full throttle, and sam and max are also good. Also, one of the indiana jones ones but i forget which one.

also machinarium if you want some new school stuff.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I played the beta and will probably buy it on release.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Not I.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

it's quest for glory 4 even tho it's a buggy pile of crap

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Famous TV Dad posted:

I played the beta and will probably buy it on release.

I will probably wait or not buy it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
id rather cut my balls off with scissors or alternately read your posts than play star wars battefront 3 on release, op

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Spanish.....MAN love?! What the gently caress.....

Random and funny as gently caress, but then again this is exactly the twisted poo poo i expect from SA.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

You are hosed in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Phantasmagoria.

• Locked thread