Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Here's some overly complicated explanations for why a things work in a videogame (that doesn't involve programming).

quote:

INTRODUCTION: BLOCKOLOGY
The world of Minecraft and its blocks are all created by the fact that Blocks are components of tiny, voxels, also known as the Blockcules. Blockcules consist of Blocktoms, at a max value of 6. A Blockcule is what we know as the tiny pixels on the block, but in a 3D aspect.To begin, how many Blockcules are contained and make of a block? We can solve this by first finding how many Blockcule make up the width, height and length, which is 16 Blockcules. 16 x 16 x 16 is 4,096 Blockcules. How many Blocktoms? 4,096 x 6 is 24,576 Blocktoms. But, this is for a visualization of a normal block, such as Cobblestone. For example, anvils have lesser because they are obviously smaller in Blockcule sizes to a regular Cobblestone Block.
RELATION: THE INTERACTION OF BLOCKCULES
Relation is one of the basic energy types in Minecraft. It is creation of more Blockcules within a radius in which the energy can reach. This energy changes all Blocktoms to manipulate into the same. For example, the acitvation of redstone is a perfect example. As redstone has a distance of 15, ending at 0, the power source must be changing the Blockcules of the redstone wire to change. Even though redstone is actually Minecraft Energy, all energies in the Minecraft Universe are governed by the power of Relation. Without relation, the Minecraft world would fail to generate. This is also why dirt patches grow underground. A center of the spherical dirt patch underground would be the absolute power of Relation. Every block, Relation is downgraded by 1. So, an explanation of how redstone ic activated is here:
HOW IS IT POWERED?
Redstone is a weird dust. It is the element of Rd, 5. (See the future Elements section in the future!) Redstone is powered by a lever, right? This means the lever already has a power source. But whats the power source? The power source takes in the Relation in the AR, 0 (air). It translates it to power Minecraft Energy that comes naturally in the Minecraft world. This is how Redstone is powered and why it can only go so far. (Any power source has only a Relation maximum power of 15.)
BLOCKTOMS, AND COBBLESTONE CREATION
Each blocktom has its own propertIES. These properties include: Solid, Texture, Temperature, and Age. We will start with Solid. A Solid Blocktom would release a basic type of energy called Relation, a energy that transforms surrounding Blockcules and Blocktoms to the Blocktom that has Solid properties. This proves of how when water and lava meet, it makes Cobblestone. When these two blocks meet, they enact Cubular Temperature Energy, which creates a Block within the Temperature changes. The Cobblestone Block would be created on the lava side, because Blocktoms and Blockcules have a crave for Cubular Temperature Energy, which the lava has tons of, because of its hot temperatures.
VOID ENERGY: THE MOST POWERFUL ENERGY SOURCE
The highest level of energy is Void Energy. As we all know, the Void produces particles in the air, which are Blocktoms that are responding to Void Energy. They are disappearing. Void Energy has such a high power level that once the Player is within -64 Y, he starts dying. The Void Energy is breaking the Player's Blocktom's apart, ultimately defeating the Player. This is also why no Blocks can be placed into the Void: The Void Energy would instantly eat the Block apart.Void Energy is also so powerful that not even sunlight can pass through, this is because Sunlight Energy is so weak, but super light. The Void Energy is super dark, which acts as if it is dark matter in the real world. Void Energy does not take in any kind of light. It reflects it, which means it makes a dark world. Bedrock takes advantage of Void Energy, and Bedrock is more common the deeper you go, because of more Void Energy. Bedrock is indestructible and dark black because of the invincibility of Void Energy and its very high power levels, near infinity. Void Energy is resistant to even Lava.Near the edge of the Minecraft world (X or Z 30 million) Blockcules fail to interact. This causes position failures, because of how Relation is being used into the imaginary blocks world. Relation energy decreases because for nearly billions of blocks into the imaginary world the only blocks are Fake, which takes much of the Relation energy to spread to the other Fake blocks, for billions of blocks.NE, REDSTONE, AND MINECRAFT ENERGY
Redstone has its own energy, and is probably very basic. It is called Minecraft Energy. First dubbed as the first energy source in Minecraft, being able to weakly power Minecraft Blocks or highly power it. Before new versions of Minecraft, Relation was the main power. If a Redstone wire was activated, then it could spread for infinity, the power never being able to stop. At that time, Relation energy was very powerful. Now, since there is a change, Relation does effect Redstone wire still, but the maximum distance is only 15 blocks. Redstone can effect Blocks by powering it with Minecraft Energy. Minecraft Energy can cause a functional Block to be changed, such as Doors or Redstone Lamps. Minecraft Energy can also be called Block Energy or Updation Energy because of its function.
MINECRAFT DNA, ALSO KNOWN AS MDNA (written as DNA)
The Void Energy isn't the largest topic - considerably how the DNA is formed within entities. Not just mobs, but entities. The theory of the mobs is the Life Programmed Theorem. All types of entities have DNA. DNA have three different branches:BisystemTrisystemComplex systemA mob has 2 things. This example is taken from a, oh, creeper. A creeper has a Task and a Objective. A task is a programmed thing to do. For example, if a player is within 16 blocks of the creeper, the creeper will attack. This theory could became invalid for a creeper because a creeper has to multitask, which is to chanse the player and as well swell, and, if close enough, explode. So, the creepers DNA system is a trisystem. The third would be a Task 2 reflex.
DNA has a Objective as well. An Objective is sort of a sensor, and a Task sender. A Task actually executes code from the Objective. There is only one Objective for any entity.
I will work on this often, if it even gets caught by attention.
But what does this mean for believers in Notch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
im goign to shove slenderman up my rear end brb

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i literally fell asleep trying to read that

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
This is what we get for vaccinating all those little fuckers, should've let the weak shits die of polio instead of letting a bunch of :spergin:s on the internet.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

i literally fell asleep trying to read that

lol if you tried to read it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

that's the unfunny type of mental illness

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i stopped at "blockules" because it's a gay word for pixel

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I love how you an always tell a schizophrenic is writing something by the random phrases IN ALL CAPS

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Writing my thesis on Minecraft, expecting the nobel prize next year. Wish me luck.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why do theses autistic children want to mak everything into a religion

why

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

me: hey hey buddy next tiell me why kids lcove cinanmon toast curnch lol

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Nature's harmonious four sided time block

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

made a castle in minecraft, went "that was amusing, i bet kids would just love this" and then stopped playing and i continued to live my life

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Bible posted:

lol if you tried to read it

i tried but i only got to the first usage of the term "blockule"

so the first sentence

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

is there a minecraft mod that allows you to build a huge cpu to play minecraft, so you can play some minecraft, while you are playing minecraft?

also lol, the word minecraft is in my phones dictionary, while autocephalous is not. shameful stuff.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EightBit posted:

This is what we get for vaccinating all those little fuckers, should've let the weak shits die of polio instead of letting a bunch of :spergin:s on the internet.

the only way to survive the robot uprising will be to become robots ourselves

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

waitwhatno posted:

is there a minecraft mod that allows you to build a huge cpu to play minecraft, so you can play some minecraft, while you are playing minecraft?

also lol, the word minecraft is in my phones dictionary, while autocephalous is not. shameful stuff.

yeah because people use the word autocephalous all the time

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah because people use the word autocephalous all the time

which of your favorite words is missing from the dictionary? this is a problem, that is much bigger than autocephalous.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i dont use autocomplete on my phone because change scares me

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

quakster posted:

why do theses autistic children want to mak everything into a religion

why

because they're "too smart" for normal religion but still influenced by its trappings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

OP please don't share classified CIA experiments in the weaponization of autism

• Locked thread