Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY

Scooby Doo Mafia - The Haunted Hilltop Hotel

Normally, Hilltop is a sleepy town that doesn’t see much trouble, but that’s about to change. The Hilltop Hotel is the main attraction in town due to its stage and the variety of shows it hosts. Although it's never been a really popular place several stars, both rising and falling, have played at the Hilltop over the years. When the Mystery Inc gang heard that Mystical Marcus was performing his magic act at the Hotel, they jumped into the Mystery Machine and took off to see the show.

Fred, Daphne and Velma checked the gang in and they had a wonderful dinner where Shaggy and Scooby ate three times as much as everyone else. As they waited for Mystical Marcus to start his show the crowd buzzed with anticipation. Just as it reached a fevered pitch, the lights suddenly went out and a pair of glowing red eyes could be seen in the darkness…

Scooby Dooby Doo where are you, you’ve got some work to do now. The Hilltop residents and Hotel guests need some help from you now. Come on Scooby Doo, those ruby eyes can’t hurt you. You know we got a mystery to solve, so come on SA Goon, get ready to act and don’t hold back. And SA Goon, if you come through, you’ll win yourself a Scooby Snack! So sign up now, SA Goon, you’re ready and you’re willing. We can count on you, SA Goon, I know you’ll catch those villains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FysobubtDcI

Welcome to Scooby Doo Mafia, a closed setup 16 player, role-moderate game with some fun flavor from one of my favorite cartoon shows. Flavor might have some significance in this game, so you probably want to keep it a secret.

Standard Mafia Rules apply, including:
-Days will be 48-72 hours, but there will be no weekend deadlines so it might get stretched.
-Nights will be closed. Nights will be 24 hours.
-Hangings are majority, not plurality.
-No editing posts.
-No posting after the hammer.
-No out of thread communication unless you are specifically allowed.
-No toxxing/betting/truth or dare.
-No posting mod PMs.
-No faking day actions.
-No lurking. When I play I like to post a lot and I like it when others post as well.
-No posting screenshots from any kind of chat doc.
-No spectator posts.
-No posting after death (a contentless ghost post is OK)
-Be cool. This is a game we play with internet people for fun. Treat it as such.

Sample Role PM:

quote:

Name: You are Andy Adams.
Role: You are vanilla.
Alignment/WinCon: You are town. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
Powers: You came to see to see the magic show, but now you've been caught up in this mystery. You have no power beyond your vote.

Players:
  1. Captain Foo
  2. Chic Trombone
  3. Ernie./HiipFire
  4. fiery_valkyrie/Quidnose
  5. Gamerofthegame
  6. garthoneeye
  7. Grandicap
  8. imgay
  9. Kashuno
  10. King Burgundy
  11. Pinterest Mom
  12. Section 31/GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
  13. Sodomeow
  14. StarkRavingMad
  15. Tommunist
  16. Tremendous Taste

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

in for a sandwich

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ri'm rin

ralso ri'm roing ro rost rike rooby rall rame rease ret roterinder ro read ris rank rou

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 13, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

ri'm rin

ralso ri'm roing ro rost rike rooby rall rame rease ret roterinder ro read ris rank rou

I should mod kill you now for editing your post.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
rame rasn't rarted ret rease reconrider

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will play this game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I would love to play

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i love scooby doo tbh, i'm playing

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Dibs Velma!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Unless she's the cop, in which case dibs Shaggy!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Best Scooby Doo is Mystery Incorporated. Check it out on netflix if you haven't seen it. Only 2 seasons and has a good overarching plot and is self aware and doesn't take itself too seriously. A very good show.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Sure, why not?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm actually out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I'm actually out.

Aww...bummer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've been told I'm playing this game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, there's my Scooby

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Oh, there's my Scooby

Is PMom your huckleberry?

Also, thanks you two! :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Look, I just got N1 killed in a game again. I guess that means I can use my very little time on this game instead.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, speaking of Scooby Doo, if you haven't seen Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A35YBHx0ots

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, speaking of Scooby Doo, if you haven't seen Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A35YBHx0ots

I know that that thing is what this thing is from so I endorse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzHvJxyiUg

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The best guest appearance is the Harlem Globetrotters.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I know that that thing is what this thing is from so I endorse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzHvJxyiUg

Yes! So amazing!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm partial to batman myself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

I'm partial to batman myself.

Well Batman isn't in this game, but is that a sign up?

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
ill batman

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sodomeow posted:

ill batman

I'm assuming this is a signup which means I'm assuming imgays post was also a sign up post.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I have not played a game of Mafia in like two years, but I've been kind of getting the itch again. Also, I love Scooby Doo. I'll join.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

I have not played a game of Mafia in like two years, but I've been kind of getting the itch again. Also, I love Scooby Doo. I'll join.

Yay! Thanks! Now we just need 4 more.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Is this a sign up?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
ofc

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cool. :)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Everyone in my current game is lurking. I'll play.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
finished working 16 hour days, i'm fine to play if you need people.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll play.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Whee! That's 16 players. Locking the thread while I get this game started. All PMs will be sent out shortly!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
All PMs sent! Here we go!

After a few moments, the red eyes suddenly disappeared and everyone started screaming and shouting. Nobody's exactly sure what happened, but when the lights came back on Scrappy Doo was found lying on the ground with a broken neck. Nobody was really that upset (in fact, it looked like a most people were smiling!) because he was an annoying little rascal, but they still decided to lock themselves in the hotel together until the mystery was solved.

Scrappy Doo (Mystery Inc), town aligned Annoyance, was put down for good on N0.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands, gang!

But really can't we just thank them and be on our way? No more puppy power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): Captain Foo, Chic Trombone, Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, Gamerofthegame, garthoneeye, Grandicap, imgay, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Pinterest Mom, Section 31, Sodomeow, StarkRavingMad, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 20th, 2015 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

• Locked thread