Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

posting in the daily tranni thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Nefarious posted:

who loving cares bitch

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

whens the last time in a video game we just had a homo as a character. and I'm not talking a man who dresses in feminine ways (like every FF character) or a girl who prefers to fight instead of heal from the back row. I'm talking a MEAN dick licking MAN. a loving ROUGH N TOUGH man doing ROUGH N TOUGH things with another man's BioBlaster

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nefarious posted:

who loving cares bitch

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

whens the last time in a video game we just had a homo as a character. and I'm not talking a man who dresses in feminine ways (like every FF character) or a girl who prefers to fight instead of heal from the back row. I'm talking a MEAN dick licking MAN. a loving ROUGH N TOUGH man doing ROUGH N TOUGH things with another man's BioBlaster

metal gear solid

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

my character in fallout new vegas who was as deadly with an assault rifle as he was tender with another mojave wasteland man's bhole

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

the great deceiver posted:

my character in fallout new vegas who was as deadly with an assault rifle as he was tender with another mojave wasteland man's bhole

Hey! What happens in New Vegas is supposed to stay in New Vegas!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Wait, I remember that mission where I killed Oryx. Did I commit a video game hate crime?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm a Transman.. of GOR!

Maoist Pussy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 14, 2015

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

the great deceiver posted:

you can't do this.

i role-played a character in FNV once who i played iron-man style-- no reloads, one death and then he's deleted. he had 1 INT, max Luck and max strength and had a crippling addiction of consuming any and all drugs he found the minute he found them, whether they were his or not. he ended up gunned down in front of reptar at novac.

what I'm getting at is, just because I role-played your mom in FNV doesnt mean that your mom was actually a character in FNV

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Gender is a privilege, not a right

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Got it. So trans people have made a deal with the devil and harbor some sort of evil flesh sculpting parasite in their body. Thank you Polygon and Hit Video Game Destiny (available now) for finally explaining this complicated social concept to me.

Aug 4, 2010

the article in the op has convinced me that transgenderism is a mental illness

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

what percent of the population is transgender? 0.1%? thats how much representation I want to see about it. thanks.

In the U.S. it's estimated as 0.3%, or about 700,000 people.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Gates-How-Many-People-LGBT-Apr-2011.pdf

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

you can't do this.

i role-played a character in FNV once who i played iron-man style-- no reloads, one death and then he's deleted. he had 1 INT, max Luck and max strength and had a crippling addiction of consuming any and all drugs he found the minute he found them, whether they were his or not. he ended up gunned down in front of reptar at novac.

what I'm getting at is, just because I role-played your mom in FNV doesnt mean that your mom was actually a character in FNV

please don't mansplain, i had the confirmed bachelor perk you cismale shitlord

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

LordArgh posted:

does the human concept of gender even apply to this alien species

theyre like ghouls lol the trans king is a ghoul like bruce jenner

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

just to clarify i have a new FNV character and he is a kleptomaniac with a heart of gold but he's totally straight. i don't want anyone to get the wrong idea and think i'm a fag and start sending me pictures of their massive throbbing erections. or their supple but silky-smooth manass

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Applewhite posted:

It's all a bit arcane if you're unfamiliar with the game, but your character, Alchemedes Tonsorius, has been chosen by the Guardians of Elstar, a race of pan-temporal seers, to be the Vigilatus. Now to understand the Vigilatus, we first have to take a look back at the Galactic year 14960294.33.4.4, when Zonthus the Porboliate first established

please stop using galactic years it is triggering the gently caress out of me

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Oryx isn't Transgendered, he's a sequential hermaphrodite you loving idiot

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the space bug is a fearsome foe and has complicated feelings about its body

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

www posted:

you're half right, writing clickbait thinkpieces about gender issues is a mental illness

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Transgenders - History Biggest Nerd Losers.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Jellymouth posted:

"Why wasn’t this discussed in the gaming press?" - The gaming press.
Polygon LOVES to think of themselves as the subversive underground of gaming media, but, for better or for worse, they're fairly influential. Its like they still haven't realized that yet.

This same logic but applied to all progressive gender politic proponents rather than just a game website.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

im gay(mer gate)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

www posted:

I don't think anybody denies that body dismorphia is a real condition, although the term mental illness does seem unnecessarily blunt and mean spirited in this context.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm getting kind of titular myself, i better lose some weight

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nooner posted:

Destiny loving sucks

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
It's time as a society we just admit we want to date boy brains with girl bodies.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i take public domain novels and insert a throwaway line about how the protagonist is transgender and then release them as ebooks on Amazon please support me via patreon

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Libelous Slander posted:

It's time as a society we just admit we want to date boy brains with girl bodies.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All of Destiny's lore was placed on a website and not actually in the game, right? What a stupid loving decision.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Destiny sounds like the stupidest loving video game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

quote:

The reason few players were talking about this groundbreaking piece of mainstream video game transgender representation is because it isn't actually acknowledged within the game itself. This fascinating, and potentially groundbreaking, piece of Destiny lore is hidden away in unlockable text logs that can only be read outside of the game on Bungie's website.
someone explain to me why i should want to do extra work to find out what a video game character is doing with their naughty bits

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

KiteAuraan posted:

My character in Morrowind was trans and you don't see me writing an article about it.

that's cause nobody cares that your waifu vivec had babies with the devil god of rape, mike

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Libelous Slander posted:

:yeah:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Goblin: Yessss, my Evil Lord?

Dark King: Hey, sorry I called you up here so late. I just needed someone to talk to, I guess. Have you ever...I know, this is gonna sound so weird...have you ever felt like you've been repeatedly reborn into the wrong body for the past three dark prophecies?

Goblin: Hissssssss

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

That may be the most baffling thing. I don't get why trans people want the people in the show to be "trans". Trans means transition, so a trans character is still either a man or a woman. So the character is a man or a woman. Calling them trans just further adds labels to make them different to the audience.

The best example of this is Erika from Catherine, because she's basically this super cute red head chick who at the end turns out to have been known as Erik in high school. It's played for laughs, but she's a positive trans character who would absolutely no identify herself as trans because she quite skillfully passes for a woman.

In fact, the whole condition of transexuality is kind of baffling to me. Like, a man wearing dresses and whatnot. Are women simply the trappings that society builds around them to these people? Are you a woman because of how you look or because of how you act? If gender is a social construct, why make yourself look like an ugly woman when you could embody your true gender in a more dignified and fundamental way?

It's pretty simple. You're a woman if you have two X chromosomes, and you're a man if you have an X and a Y. This can be proven with a blood test.

Everything else is a social construct and nobody should really care so much about who is or isn't conforming to a way that doesn't feel right, if they're not being violent to others, of course.

Oryx, of course, has three Q's and six F's, so who knows what the gently caress that means.

BluPotato posted:

Got it. So trans people have made a deal with the devil and harbor some sort of evil flesh sculpting parasite in their body. Thank you Polygon and Hit Video Game Destiny (available now) for finally explaining this complicated social concept to me.

It's worse than that. The space necro-trannies want to suck out your light/soul and replace it with DARKNESS. They keep what they kill.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 14, 2015

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

"Your favs are trains. That's it. This is radical autism -- dismantling the colonial double switch binary"

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I wondered why after I killed him in a raid his last words were "Die Cis Scum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's pretty simple. You're a woman if you have two X chromosomes, and you're a man if you have an X and a Y. This can be proven with a blood test.

Everything else is a social construct and nobody should really care so much about who is or isn't conforming to a way that doesn't feel right, if they're not being violent to others, of course.

Oryx, of course, has three Q's and six F's, so who knows what the gently caress that means.

It's worse than that. The space necro-trannies want to suck out your light/soul and replace it with DARKNESS. They keep what they kill.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

• Locked thread