Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Build a small concrete confinement cell outdoors. Place child cell. Leave until child ripe in both body and mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

sogn your kid up for the bigger brother program tell them his dad is dead

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Build a small concrete confinement cell outdoors. Place child cell. Leave until child ripe in both body and mind.

this worked for st. anthony

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

I was a ragey teen boy who put holes in doors, walls and broke other stuff, and it was always because my parents told me to shut up, talked over me, mocked me, told me to quit feeling sorry for myself if I was hurt (including sending me to school with a 104 degree fever), or literally walked away if my problems needed more complicated solutions than Sitcom dads provided.

Of course, my mother beat me for being "A liar in league with satan" because she was sure I was eating out of the sour cream container and that sour cream separation was the result of my saliva, so YMMV.

i'd slap you too. stealing my good sour cream and fibbin about it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

that sour cream was for your uncle ron!

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

My Q-Face posted:

I was a ragey teen boy who put holes in doors, walls and broke other stuff, and it was always because my parents told me to shut up, talked over me, mocked me, told me to quit feeling sorry for myself if I was hurt (including sending me to school with a 104 degree fever), or literally walked away if my problems needed more complicated solutions than Sitcom dads provided.

Of course, my mother beat me for being "A liar in league with satan" because she was sure I was eating out of the sour cream container and that sour cream separation was the result of my saliva, so YMMV.

Kids punch walls without their parents sucking too.

I'm pretty terrible at everything though so whoa who knows!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Show him this thread then brutally gently caress his rear end

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

RaceBannon posted:

But he's stupid and it will look like poo poo. Need better suggestion.

Sure it will, until he learns to do it properly. Here's how:

Step 1- make him watch youtube videos on how to do it. Then he writes a report where he lists the three most helpful videos and transcribes one word-for-word.

Step 2- buy a sheet of drywall. Cut it in half and put half away for larger projects later. In the remaining half cut five or six holes between 1 and 4 inches in diameter.

Step 3- give him the supplies he needs to patch them and let him practice until he gets one perfect. Let him know that drywall and drywall related videos will be his only recreational activity until he achieves perfection.

Step 4- When the real hole is patched, tell him you're proud of the job he did and pat yourself on the back for actually parenting.

Congratulations, you saved your son hundreds in future repair costs and maybe repaired some problems with your relationship as well.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

RaceBannon posted:

But he's stupid and it will look like poo poo. Need better suggestion.

This is an incredibly stupid dismissal of the only correct answer. If it looks like poo poo then make him do it again. Until it's done to your satisfaction, take away one of the things he holds most dear. Also stop raising you son to be stupid. A man needs to know how to patch a loving hole in the wall.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

PyPy posted:

This is an incredibly stupid dismissal of the only correct answer. If it looks like poo poo then make him do it again. Until it's done to your satisfaction, take away one of the things he holds most dear. Also stop raising you son to be stupid. A man needs to know how to patch a loving hole in the wall.

I wasn't really being serious. I wanted more funny answers...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

RaceBannon posted:

Kids punch walls without their parents sucking too.

I'm pretty terrible at everything though so whoa who knows!

It's pretty common, as kids my brother and I dented the wall while trying to squash a bug iirc

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
We went for the nuclear option

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PyPy posted:

lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PyPy posted:

HELLO AUTHORITARIAN DAD I AM PERMISSIVE DAD , DONT THREATEN ME OR ELSE I MAY LECTURE YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the "spartan parent persona" is the millennial form of the kid who grew up in the subarbs unsupervised by his "parents" but still didnt bother to take advatage of it because they were so socially crippled and has no kids yet (and hopefully never will) always has the best answer

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

HELLO AUTHORITARIAN DAD I AM PERMISSIVE DAD , DONT THREATEN ME OR ELSE I MAY LECTURE YOU

haha woops beaten by wolf-nuts

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

the "spartan parent persona" is the millennial form of the kid who grew up in the subarbs unsupervised by his "parents" but still didnt bother to take advatage of it because they were so socially crippled and has no kids yet (and hopefully never will) always has the best answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8DgBw8zUY&t=130s

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I pray for annihilation

Make me a grease spot in a rented room O lord

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Andrew Aaron "Andy" Mineo,[1] formerly known as C-Lite, is an American Christian hip hop artist, producer, and TV and music video director from New York City.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

After moving to New York City, he realized his weak spiritual condition, re-dedicated his life to Christ and closed down his production studio in order to restart his career.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

I pray for annihilation

Make me a grease spot in a rented room O lord

you need to relax wolf-nut

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nothing i like more than someone who writes his own wiki page

of that, nothing i like more than the christian subset

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

you need to relax wolf-nut

I will request a rented room painted in a yellowish shade of green then, for the grease spotting, as an article in the 1940s said green is relaxing, and therefore all rented rooms and insane asylyms are painted some varation of the color known as Cado or Avacado or Just G-Do

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

nothing i like more than someone who writes his own wiki page

of that, nothing i like more than the christian subset

why do you persecute christians besides the obvious social expediency? did they do something to you? it wouldnt surprise me they can be very judgemental ( the religious types) just wondering about your personal situation since you seem like you have serious mental problems and should be euthanized. j/k lol whats up bro?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RaceBannon posted:

I took away his electronics but he has to do a project for Latin class so I had ot give him back his computer for now. Mistake?

Make him use IE 5.5 with Bonzi buddy and about 400 toolbars installed.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

RaceBannon posted:

I took away his electronics but he has to do a project for Latin class so I had ot give him back his computer for now. Mistake?

Ask him if punching a wall makes him feel like a man and no matter the answer set his computer up so he can only go to tumblr

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

make him load up that youtube he loves so much and search for "how do i fix a hole in drywall"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

why do you persecute christians besides the obvious social expediency? did they do something to you? it wouldnt surprise me they can be very judgemental ( the religious types) just wondering about your personal situation since you seem like you have serious mental problems and should be euthanized. j/k lol whats up bro?

it is the social expediency

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
take him out of school & apprentice him to a carpenter so he can learn patience like jesus

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Make him spend hours repairing the wall so he learns if you throw a stupid temper tantrum as an adult, nobody's gonna clean up after you.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Drink Cheerwine posted:

take him out of school & apprentice him to a carpenter so he can learn patience like jesus
Don't. He'll learn to flip tables and chase after people while brandishing a whip.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

RaceBannon posted:

I wasn't really being serious. I wanted more funny answers...

Show up naked to his school.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

My Q-Face posted:

my parents did the same thing and i turned out fine. i think you're just a pussy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Force him to take karate lessons and do community service board breaking demonstrations at the old folks home

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Cnut the Great posted:

my parents did the same thing and i turned out fine. i think you're just a pussy

Were you ever able to convince her that once the sour cream container is open, separation is normal?

I turned out okay, but I was very angry into my late teens and also don't talk to my parents anymore.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Intensive family therapy sessions in which you realize the reason your stupid kid punched a hole in the wall is because your a bad and abusive parent and he's acting out.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lecture him on the cost of drywall repair, then punch a hole in his face

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Cnut the Great posted:

It's funny that everyone I've ever known who talked about how they got smacked around when they were kids and they turned out fine and learned respect were all completely maladjusted and usually had anger problems.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
You have to make him be a wall somehow.

Like make him lay on his side on the ground and form a triangle box like structure with his arms and legs connecting.

Then put a live animal in the person building.

So when the animal tries to tunnel into him he'll feel bad for the wall he punched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Cover it up with something ugly and embarrassing like his awkward old school photos, a teen idol poster or hideous Christmas wrapping paper.

• Locked thread