Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Send them to live and work with a relative or family friend who will sexually abuse them for a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

sogn your kid up for the bigger brother program tell them his dad is dead

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

I was a ragey teen boy who put holes in doors, walls and broke other stuff, and it was always because my parents told me to shut up, talked over me, mocked me, told me to quit feeling sorry for myself if I was hurt (including sending me to school with a 104 degree fever), or literally walked away if my problems needed more complicated solutions than Sitcom dads provided.

Of course, my mother beat me for being "A liar in league with satan" because she was sure I was eating out of the sour cream container and that sour cream separation was the result of my saliva, so YMMV.

i'd slap you too. stealing my good sour cream and fibbin about it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

that sour cream was for your uncle ron!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

By the time he has punched a hole in a wall it is already too late. You should have started punishing, ridiculing and beating him at a way earlier stage. Some parents argue you should start the punishment at the time your kid touches a wall, but to play it safe it is probably better to begin at the time they even look at a wall. Be sure to overreact as much as possible, make your statements about who the kid is as a person rather than about the action they did. You've got to say something like "You're a worthless piece of poo poo who is always looking at things you shouldn't. I bet you'd destroy this wall if I left for even a second, just like you destroy everything else".

...dad?

• Locked thread