Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

I did not notice, and I am unwilling to rewatch the GIF to see what you're talking about. :geno:

You can't see anything awful, but one of the spikes is clearly missing from the fence after he hits it and it's not on the ground and he's not moving....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It's the one where he hit his rear end.

I found the original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Uyl3aPsGQ

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

New failarmy :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqv0j6eDbA

I'd suggest having the volume at normal levels for the opener, cause drat it's worth it.

Exactly how do people think stun guns actually stun people? Do they just think it causes a little static shock to annoy them away?

I now have vivid memories of helping a friend with her student film and the makeup artist getting his hands on the director's stun gun. Imagine an out-of-costume drag queen repeatedly jabbing at everyone with a crackling stun gun, coming within a foot of zapping them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Look at all those people still holding on to their drinks as they try to put him out. loving lol

I was almost waiting for one of them to think "Quick, pour my 151 on him!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's a hard knock life.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think they just really want an excuse to picket somebody and don't care about the details.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Joe the Strummer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHEp7G10k4

Employee caught jerkin' it at Walmart. Its also the most Walmart video I've ever seen.

:nws: to be safe, but its not as bad as it sounds.

It takes some balls to masturbate right in front of a window open to customers filming you and then point blank say that you weren't.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ekuNNN posted:

It's the 2015 Nürburgring crash compilation :woop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVVsmlP8VJM

I have a comment on a video somewhere pointing out where a guy crashed a loving minivan on the track, and I was wondering how he'd have to explain it to his family.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Has there been a single time where this didn't end with at least one person flying off?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Roro posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/subscription..._campaign=pcgfb

Ooooh boy. I'm not sure if I'd rather have this succeed, or fail.

$10 a month to watch exclusive PewDiePie videos. What ever shall I do.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Oct 22, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Grem posted:

*cracks knuckles* Here we go guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpFQPPElls

The best part is the last half-second of video where the fat guy suddenly seems to realize how boned they all are.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scarf posted:

I kinda hope the douchebag comes back saying "See what I did there? By being an rear end in a top hat and upping the price, we now have a comparable pill even cheaper than it was before. See how great I am?" :smug:

I don't think he's quite that smart or calm. He got so pissed at Bernie Sanders for giving his campaign donation to an HIV and LGBT clinic (to publicly tell Shkreli "I don't want your loving money funding me") he punched a wall and broke his wrist. Right now he's in the middle of a non-stop temper tantrum raging at everyone he can find reason to rage at.

Slime posted:

At this point I'm finding myself thinking that he did all this for some hosed up e-fame reasons. Everyone knows who he is now, he's a BIG NAME even if everyone knows who he is because he's a massive loving turd of a person.

With becoming the most hated man in America, probably not. He actually has a really long history of loving up businesses, lying about inventing pharmaceuticals, and trying to manipulate regulations. His Captain Planet villain shtick is really his legit personality, just 100% shameless greed and abuse of everyone who crosses his path if he can make a dollar off them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LawfulWaffle posted:

This reminds me of the gif from the baseball game with the guy who tries to catch a foul ball but winds up knocking someone's phone out of there hand, then knocking a beer into someone, and something else. It's like a hat-trick of ineptitude, but it shares the same "I'm helping!" appearance that the guy in this gif has. "Oops, I held onto your leg for too long and now you've bruised a rib. Let me drown you while you writhe in pain!"

Even worse, it looks like the impact knocked the wind out of him bad enough to stun him. He just flops like a ragdoll underwater. I hope the cutoff in the GIF is followed by someone making a mad scramble into the pool to fish him out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, not really feeling it. "Pretend you're doing something nice for a child but you're really not" doesn't make me laugh too much.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Staryberry posted:

This schadenfreude involves kids falling down. They are probably scarred for life.

It's not "Children are incredibly fragile and will be broken if they suffer any hardship ever." The problem is that kids implicitly and unconditionally trust authority figures like their parents, and you can cause some major rifts if you gently caress with them for laughs. Not every kid ends up with problems, but it's a really easy way to do it.

The absolute worst is if they have autism. A coworker of mine has an autistic son, who I know because he occasionally comes in to do menial jobs like shredding and dividing cards and booklets into smaller piles. He's incredibly gullible, to the point where his mom had to teach him "Sometimes, people are mean and are encouraging you to do something just because they want to laugh at you" because he's 15 and other students could still tell him poo poo like "The principal said you need to go stand on your head in the corner" and he'd just walk over and do it. But at the same time, she'll tell him incredibly unbelievable lies that he immediately believes until you tell him that it was just a joke. She does this because she knows how gullible he is and wants a laugh. I've been trying and failing to discourage her from counteracting her own attempts to stop him from being so easily hosed with.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Real schadenfreude would be someone punching that guy and taking the ball to give to the kid.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Okay buy you're kinda missing the point of what I said? Kids loving up and hurting themselves is normal and an important part of learning about how the world works and how to navigate dangers. I'm talking about when parents are like "You know what? gently caress my kid's implicit trust in me. I'm going to give them sponges for their birthday and make fun of them when they get upset."

It's not a whole lot different from bullying them in school, just minus any physical beatings.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's great seeing the responses from people who think it's totally harmless. "My parents hosed with me and I turned out just fine! Wait, what do you mean it's weird for me to want to make my kids cry for fun?"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fumaofthelake posted:

Pretty sure thinking you got candy or something mundane but actually getting a video game is "a surprise" not "a prank."

Yeah, that would make the kid pretty drat happy. The same can't be said of packing a Nintendo box with paper or something so you can laugh at your kid getting excited over nothing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That loving squeal when he gets hit the first time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VanSandman posted:

Not everyone speaks Spanish, friendo.

Are you on Chrome? Right click ---> Translate to English.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

President Ark posted:

Need a bro to help charge up that crystal? :fap:

Thanks Peridot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

spog posted:

This is awesome.

If I understand it right, you can install this on your PBX with its own extension and simply forward spam callers there for fun, without having to be on the call yourself.

I want something like this for home use.

I got around telemarketers by not having a home phone in use at all.

Are they really that useful today anyway? Unless you're someone who doesn't have a cell phone for whatever reason, everyone's gonna want to call you on that anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Azhais posted:

My cell is also getting an ever-increasing volume of scams and marketing

Has it? I've been pretty low on outright solicitation calls. I think it's been about 10 days since the last call that I wasn't sure about picking up, though virtually all of them are local numbers and a few have been wrong numbers or a case of mistaken identity (a guy with major debt problems changed his number without telling anyone, and I ended up being the guy who got that number with a new phone).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nitrox posted:

He is quitting Uber, and may or may not have ptsd. I doubt he's "handling it" like a cab driver would.

There is a reason cabs have a security partition and washable interior. At least the cabs I've been in. Also radio, a direct 2 way communication with dispatcher. Those guys are also drive all day every day and aren't phased by minor confrontations and lovely clients.

Most Uber drivers are part time, who got recruited via online app. They come equipped with a run of the mill family sedan and a smartphone. They don't have a handler, just an app that tells them where the next pickup is. It's an extremely vulnerable position to be in. The whole shebang only works when your customers are behaving. Good luck getting vomit out of your seats, especially with nothing but Uber's $45 "clean up compensation" handout. More permanent damage to interior? Have fun explaining to your insurance company that you're actually a (part time) commercial driver. Oh wait, it's explicitly against your personal auto policy, so you're not covered. And if god forbid you got robbed, raped and/or murdered, nobody would know for hours. Most people who sign up for Uber, don't stay long. And the company is constantly looking for new ways to gently caress its drivers. Uber belongs in this thread, permanently.

I still end up using Uber just because of the nature of where I live. I don't have a valid license (due to immigration fuckups) nor my own car, and I live in a state that was designed from the ground up for independent drivers with very limited pedestrian or mass transit infrastructure. I'm almost totally dependent on hitching rides to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time without sweating my rear end off in the near-permanent summer heat and humidity of Florida. Uber lets me just tap a few buttons on my phone and get a ride wherever I need to go for a pretty low price without even needing cash on hand (though you should really tip your Uber drivers because they don't get paid enough to not deserve it).

The crux of it is to use it if you need it, and just be really nice to your driver so you don't end up being a lovely part of their day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rafael's on top of poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If not white go ahead and add "gets shot" to that list.

If white, replace "gets shot" with "has face smashed on ground and knocked unconscious".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEd-Pp67LU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

That dude is lucky his lungs didn't pop. Jesus that was stupid.

Lungs didn't pop and presumably didn't freeze anything, but is that poo poo toxic to ingest? I'd imagine not, since it has to be used for emergencies around people, but still...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jastiger posted:

Atheism is the true path.

But seriously that guy got #rekt. I almost feel bad for him. Then I remember that dude came out of his house in his underwear at what must have been like 9 AM on a Sunday. gently caress that preacher dude.

Like ostensibly, I don't approve of beating up the dude for something relatively harmless. At the same time, he was annoying the gently caress out of everyone and ignored non-violent attempts to get him to stop.

Maybe this was God's way of telling him "Stop yelling poo poo at people in the suburbs."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of shithead "preachers" getting hosed up, skip to 2:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YIIDgSkiA

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

I know its wrong, but I have no problem beating the poo poo out of any bigot. I feel like their obvious stupidity makes the conversational route impossible so physical criticism is the best solution.

Seriously, if you're standing outside a "Give basic human rights to people different than you" rally and shouting that they deserve an eternity of torture for being born different, I'm cool with punches.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe they're mistaking them for snakes or something?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

I grew up in a golden time when parents were just out of touch enough that you could get into really fun trouble, but close enough that you wouldn't usually wind up dead or on fire (born in 1980). Also I was allowed to play with all those dangerous chemicals when I was like 7 or 8 years old because kids were awesome back then. Also we got to play around with model rockets which are basically fireworks that you can reuse. And toys with small pieces that fit perfectly in our throats but didn't have warning labels because we wouldn't eat our loving toys like idiots. But kids these days with their......<rabble rabble rabble>

Them darn millennials, with their unburnt carpets and all 10 fingers! Back in my day, babies choked on their toys and liked it!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of magnesium, apparently the US military uses or used magnesium-framed snowshoes for their light weight and ability to be shaved as emergency fire starter. I'm wondering how the Marines felt thinking about walking around the campfire with shoes made of highly reactive tinder.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chromatic posted:

Unluckiest batter I've ever seen. 1:53 is :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyprjMmwjFA

Not as good as 2:33. That's like something out of a comedy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Guess he got the chips.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can't really remember any good senior pranks from high school. The only one I remember was forking the football field: you just stick a fuckton of plastic forks into the field until there's one every few feet. It's pretty lovely as far as pranks go, because the inevitable result is the janitors (who don't get paid nearly enough for it) having to spend hours painstakingly removing every single fork.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think Mythbusters or something similar proved this wasn't true.

Not Mythbusters, but there's lots of video evidence on it. Cows can't really see where they're stepping due to the placement of their eyes, so they only go downstairs under duress and very carefully. It's also why you can keep them from going somewhere by painting a lines on the ground: they know that if they try to walk over a series of bars they're hosed (because they can't see their legs, so they'll likely trip) and thus usually refuse to walk over what they think is a grid of bars over the ground.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not really a prank, but during my AP US History exams someone in a second story restroom set a paper towel dispenser on fire. We're midway through the exam and suddenly the fire alarm starts blaring and wait it's actually a real fire.

It was a slow news day, so they sent out the helicopter and reporters to cover the mass evacuation of the school. I remember how two guys, for whatever reason, had brought guitars to school and somehow managed to get them outside despite everyone being required to keep their belongings away from the testing area. Random playing ended up turning into the two of them playing the entirety of "Free Bird" on the tennis court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ralphie never got any better in the summer.