Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hooded Reptile posted:

They have a promo here for it, there is a coupon in the sunday paper, but who reads newspapers anymore.

Popeye's is an enigma because their prices are heavily region-dependent. But goddamn if they aren't the best "fast food" tier place there is.

McDonald's is trying to butt in to Five Guy's territory of serving "premium" burgers but they're failing miserably. I tried their new steakburger and it made me retch. Go back to the drat dollar menu, they should be going the opposite direction from premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Popeyes spicy boneless wings are the best. For fast food.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Chafey posted:

chinatown was right including you in the people who should die

WTF? Who is Chinatown and why did he decide I should die? Because I have fond memories of a high school job at a fast food place on the beach?

GORDON posted:

So much this.

What is the minimum age one would be to remember when their fries tasted good? 25?

That sounds about right. I'm 37 and they stopped being great some time in high school, just before I started working there.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Seriously though, McDonalds is not going out of loving business. If anything they'll scale back so they don't own the ridiculous number of locations they do. They outnumber everybody else by huge amounts in the same category.

Yeah there will be fewer locations, it just seems like alot of the franchises are going to sink or swim. One issue IMO with the McDonald's model is the demands of uniformity so the franchiser is constantly buying solely from corporate for all their products/signage. McDonalds also only said they would experiment with higher wages at their corporate-owned stores - the model of getting disposable labor from marginal people who live on Section 8 / Medicaid can't hold up. We need all people to be equal economic actors with defined pay grades. Their model has always had some Amway-like aspects - the money runs out eventually.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what are you a loving mcdonalds scientist

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got my Master of Burger Administration

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
weird i had noticed their strange named burgers actually tasted oddly good. like the ones with dark buns way down the list.

didnt know it was out of pure desperation that mcdonalds was forced to make something that tasted better lol

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the best fast food is qdoba everything else is scrub tier

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

City of Tampa posted:

no i'm pretty sure that the egg mcmuffin is a legit egg, not some fake egg concoction . they could safely make it with a runny yolk as long as the whites are cooked through

When I worked there in high school the eggs that were in mcmuffins were legit eggs you had to crack yourself and all that. The folded eggs on a lot of the other stuff is milk cartons of pre-blended egg and yolk. I wouldn't call either of them fake garbage but they aren't high quality either of course.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
A mcdonalds closed down here to make way for a tim hortons,

there are now 4 tim hortons in a .5 square mile radius of my place of living.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I tried a premium mcdonalds mushroom and swiss burger, because mushroom and swiss burgers rule, and it felt like I was eating a sponge

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Enfield posted:

what are you a loving mcdonalds scientist

No, a McDonald's economist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Ape Fist posted:

Is it kind of lame that I've never had a McJob and I sort of want one? Like I know it's not real cooking in any way shape or form and all you're really doing is line-assembling heated garbage and packaging it but for some reason I think I'd really enjoy it.

quit your job and live out your dreams, if you don't you are a beta bitch

Also I have had a mcjob before, pretty sweet you can curse and come to work drunk/high n poo poo. Just be on time and able to drop poo poo in a fryer in a semi-coherent basis. Basically you can be lazy as gently caress and hold all customers and managers in contempt. Talk poo poo to your co-workers all day and also probably some nasty married fat bitch who works there that will suck your dick.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 20, 2015

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i've only seen one closed McDonalds and it's been closed for years and homeless people live in it now, when it was open in the '90s it was a weird and dirty mcdonalds that didn;t participate in any of the normal promotions that mncdonalds ran commercials for

here it is on google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.989...!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

City of Tampa posted:

i've only seen one closed McDonalds and it's been closed for years and homeless people live in it now, when it was open in the '90s it was a weird and dirty mcdonalds that didn;t participate in any of the normal promotions that mncdonalds ran commercials for

here it is on google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.989...!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

McDonald's is trying to butt in to Five Guy's territory of serving "premium" burgers but they're failing miserably. I tried their new steakburger and it made me retch. Go back to the drat dollar menu, they should be going the opposite direction from premium.

It's like they didn't learn anything from watching Microsoft go ME TOO on Apple and bleed money. Pretty funny.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Honky Dong Country posted:

When I worked there in high school the eggs that were in mcmuffins were legit eggs you had to crack yourself and all that. The folded eggs on a lot of the other stuff is milk cartons of pre-blended egg and yolk. I wouldn't call either of them fake garbage but they aren't high quality either of course.

Same as when I worked there, in the late 90's. We could do a runny egg if requested, but I don't know if all locations would do that, and since you were trusting your egg cooking to a 17 year old, mileage might have varied on that, too. Also, and I've told this story here before, but if you got the pickles wet, the green color would wash off.

Also, the McRibs were not allowed to be ordered without the bbq sauce, as they were completely flavorless on their own.

I worked there when they switched over to the "Deluxe" items, like Arch Deluxe and Fish Deluxe and all that. There was an old guy who had worked at our store his whole life, and he would come in with his old skeleton wife every night. He ordered his regular of a fish sandwich and coffee, and when he saw that it now came with lettuce he ran from his table to the counter screaming "WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS GARBAGE" and threw it on the floor and started stomping on it. Old people are delightful.

Once some kid had diarrhea in the ball pit and our counter area filled with angry parents and their feces-covered children.

Can you blame me for having fond memories?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They used to make cheap food that tasted good that was really unhealthy.

Now they make expensive food that tastes bad and is extremely unhealthy.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

turn the camera around

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

texaholic posted:

quit your job and live out your dreams, if you don't you are a beta bitch

Also I have had a mcjob before, pretty sweet you can curse and come to work drunk/high n poo poo. Just be on time and able to drop poo poo in a fryer in a semi-coherent basis. Basically you can be lazy as gently caress and hold all customers and managers in contempt. Talk poo poo to your co-workers all day and also probably some nasty married fat bitch who works there that will suck your dick.

i want this.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

City of Tampa posted:

turn the camera around

same diff.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
liberals strike again

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

City of Tampa posted:

turn the camera around

if you go down the street next to the closed mcdonalds theres a taxi dude changing his tire too, bonus

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Ape Fist posted:

Is it kind of lame that I've never had a McJob and I sort of want one? Like I know it's not real cooking in any way shape or form and all you're really doing is line-assembling heated garbage and packaging it but for some reason I think I'd really enjoy it.
If you'd like to be coated in a thin layer of grease and have constant acne problems then McDonald's is for you!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Ape Fist posted:

i want this.

hell yeah you can probably get a part-time job on nights and weekends, just lie and act you have been a complete gently caress up your whole life. Leave a lot of unexplained gaps employment on your application but promise the manager you work hard and are very dependable and have people skills.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

this is the only closed mcdonalds i have ever seen

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

texaholic posted:

hell yeah you can probably get a part-time job on nights and weekends, just lie and act you have been a complete gently caress up your whole life. Leave a lot of unexplained gaps employment on your application but promise the manager you work hard and are very dependable and have people skills.

heh, yeah, heh, I'll 'pretend' this is a portrait of my life.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Secks Cauldron posted:

If you'd like to be coated in a thin layer of grease and have constant acne problems then McDonald's is for you!

That is the part I don't have fond memories of. You break out like hell, and your hands never stop smelling like onions. You never stop sweating and running around, because "if you have time to lean, you have time to clean!". Once I forgot to wash my uniform shirt and left it on the balcony railing of my house for an hour to air out before a shift, and a bunch of bugs ate giant holes in it.

All that and you work a full shift and go home with like $37 bucks and one half-price meal.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

City of Tampa posted:

this is the only closed mcdonalds i have ever seen

The one in my lovely hometown (Warsaw Indiana) closed down because it smelled bad for a year then the health inspector came and it turned out that it smelled bad because the lakewater nearby had flooded the basement and they didn't know how to fix it so they just sealed off the basement even though it was completely full of like 8 feet of water.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mcdonalds has billions and billions of dollars worth of prime real estate, i really don't think that anything bad will happen to mcdonalds because of a slight menu change

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

criscodisco posted:

The one in my lovely hometown (Warsaw Indiana) closed down because it smelled bad for a year then the health inspector came and it turned out that it smelled bad because the lakewater nearby had flooded the basement and they didn't know how to fix it so they just sealed off the basement even though it was completely full of like 8 feet of water.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahha

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Fonzarelli posted:

Mcdonalds has billions and billions of dollars worth of prime real estate, i really don't think that anything bad will happen to mcdonalds because of a slight menu change

Except, as pointed out earlier in this thread, only 18% of locations are owned by McDonalds corporate, and not franchisee owned locations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hooded Reptile posted:

A mcdonalds closed down here to make way for a tim hortons,

there are now 4 tim hortons in a .5 square mile radius of my place of living.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
there's a bunch of McDonalds in my city and they're all pretty loving busy open to close

I wanna know how Arby's stays open because I've never seen more than like 1-2 cars parked at any one I've ever been to

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

criscodisco posted:

Except, as pointed out earlier in this thread, only 18% of locations are owned by McDonalds corporate, and not franchisee owned locations.

which is still a huge chunk of valuable real estate

there is no way that this will effect mcdonalds in the long run, they're one of the most dominating global businesses ever. When Mcdonalds added an apple dip to their menu they became the biggest purchasers of apples in the world. Mcdonalds don't give a gently caress about losing some profits, they are an unstoppable monster that will be around infinitely. For every Mcdonalds you see that is empty, there is one in China or something that is packed to the rear end in a top hat with people lining out the door.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

Think of yourself as a McDonald's Franchiser - you buy the land/location/franchise fees - big initial investment. But once the restaurant is up and running it is a nice revenue stream - keep everything in stock from the catalog and if you can manage employee turnover you're golden. People like this are the Tory exoskeleton of America.

Subway basically uses the same model - you need to buy the oven / ingredients / display materials but they give franchise owners more chances to synergize. No McDonald's Franchise owner would sell lotto tickets at the same counter.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Fabricated posted:

there's a bunch of McDonalds in my city and they're all pretty loving busy open to close

I wanna know how Arby's stays open because I've never seen more than like 1-2 cars parked at any one I've ever been to

The one arbies here holds it own because the guy is hardcore manager. Order ain't right, youre fired, not enough horseradish, youre fired, etc etc.

And the sandwhiches look like the sandwhiches in the commercials.

my arbys owns bones. in fact i'm buy some right now.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Kuato posted:

Hope they go down and we get a Wendy's in my bumfuck town

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hooded Reptile posted:

The one arbies here holds it own because the guy is hardcore manager. Order ain't right, youre fired, not enough horseradish, youre fired, etc etc.

And the sandwhiches look like the sandwhiches in the commercials.

my arbys owns bones. in fact i'm buy some right now.

When an Arby's is good, it's fantastic. There's two within about a 10 minutes drive from me. One is always dead because it's completely staffed by all the people from the ghetto it borders. The other is a tight as gently caress ship, and the food is great and it's always packed.

Also I like ringing the bell by the door.

Once I went to the bad Arby's and they were out of roast beef. Granted, it was like 11 pm but still, wtf? Also, I was in the drive-thru of an Arby's once and there was a fat girl outside crying in an Arby's uniform. Their walk-in freezer was in the parking lot, separate from the main building, with a brick façade covering it on all 4 sides. She was getting something out of it and had slipped in the rain, and her fat wet hand had frozen to the inside of the open door. I always thought that was funny, because apparently no-one had told the people inside so she was just on her knees crying with her hand frozen to the door, shouting for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
If push came to shove, you'd mint the trillion dollar coin to bail out McD in exchange for eternal half-price McRibs. Don't deny it.

• Locked thread