Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Could I join with my shitbox beegee?

Speaking of, my auto belt stopped on the corner of the door and makes driving the car annoying... Anyway to make it move manually and lock it in place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

CharlesM posted:

Is it a 323? Put the VIN in here and see if it has a seat belt recall.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRecallOwners.action
Some of them have a lifetime warranty!

Looks like info is only available for post 1999 recalls.
I'm at the mercy of my local dealer... poo poo.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

CharlesM posted:

Looking at it maybe only the RX-7 had a lifetime warranty. The 323 had a recall but I don't know if they replace it more than once?

Looks like MX-3s were also lifetime, but not 323s.

I've seen some hacks for putting later MX-3 stuff in:
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?60915-Manual-Seat-Belts&p=782894&viewfull=1#post782894

Might go that route with unversal 3 point retracting belts. Seems like they're about $30 ea shipped from the mainland, since no yards have MX-3s available.

meatpimp posted:

I like this thread. AI needs more shitboxes.

Please put a turbo on it.

Yes! Mine has too much body damage to put any appreciable amounts of money into it. I'm still less than $500 into mine, gets 35mpg driving like an rear end in a top hat, and just passed emissions with flying colors. It's low mileage too (113k).

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

leica posted:

PM sent because I'm not too sure about that email, is my username supposed to be in there? :v:

Thanks a lot for offering to help out!

He likely owns the domain and that's how he'll know who is emailing him about what.

Today I'm going to try and pull the plastics off before work and see if I can lock the belt in the down position.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

That interior is fantastic!
I'm going to retrofit new seatbelts into mine.

I stripped out the Allen screw trying to get the belt to move... What sucks about the non power belt swap is you need the headliner too, otherwise there's a huge gap with the non power plastics.

I'll be gutting the tracks and keeping them to hold the plastics. If I feel motivated enough, I might 3D print some standoffs to ditch the tracks too. The interior is all apart on mine now until the belts get here Friday. Hoping to do the timing belt and water pump this weekend too.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

leica posted:

Well gently caress, how bad is it? I might be better off just leaving in the old tracks and plastic then? I don't want it to look too hokey, but I might be able over look it if it's not that bad. Or maybe get one of those headliner extenders from HF.

Take a look at our trim with tracks:
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?60915-Manual-Seat-Belts&p=782894&viewfull=1#post782894

Canadian trim on US headliner:
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?19855-Anybody-done-Manual-SeatBelt-Conversion-Pics&p=256034&viewfull=1#post256034

The headliner is completely different!

E: Another
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?12571-my-new-toys

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Does the Miata have a check valve on the booster? That or its grommet could have failed.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Hey leica, looks like those universal belts I bought are going to pretty much bolt right in.

I'll have some pictures this week. Even the hardware they came with is the right size (I'll be replacing all of it with high grade US made stuff).

They look about right on the length and were $29/ea on Amazon (they're slightly cheaper on eBay but have a longer wait).

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I need a few more pics put take a look at where I'm at with the belts:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109478798071174495482/MazdaBGUniversalBelts?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPDu2YKR1sH0cA&feat=directlink

leica posted:

Just took it to the muffler shop thinking it needed a patch and the entire exhaust from the cat back has holes in it, all on the top of the pipe so I never saw it when i was underneath the car. And it looks like a new windshield is gonna cost at least 200, and title/registration was 150. The $$$ is starting to add up :(

Have you checked rock auto for exhaust? I paid $75 shipped for the 2 piece cat back for my 323.
Shop around for glass. I can usually find a local place that will do it for $140, sometimes less.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I think the kia one is slightly different because I had to swap something on the transmission on mine (sephia trans in my 323).

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Did you over tighten them? Is the bolt a shoulder bolt? Because it's supposed to be.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

CharlesM posted:

Yes they do, 1990-1991, their drivetrains are supposedly pretty weak.

From what I've gathered, the fix is a Celica alltrac transmission via an adapter.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

CharlesM posted:

13" is stock on the DX

My 323 came with 13s also.

These ECUs don't site codes right?
The check engine light flashed briefly on my way home, but the car didn't skip a beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I've got all sorts of goodies waiting for my shitbox. Got a passenger side mirror since mine doesn't have one (super stripper model, I don't even have intermittent wipers). Also got a door pull handle to replace the broken one.

Something also happened that when I floor it in 1st and 2nd, the wheel turns 45 degrees. I think a control arm bushing failed. Poly front bushings are on their way, along with all new struts, tie rods, ball joints, brake hoses, and even got a cheap set of 250lb coil overs to try on ($50 lol). New motor mounts are getting window welded, and I think I might start autocrossing it.

My speaker all look like that but sound surprisingly good. I might install a double din Kenwood I can't seem to unload, and get some decent speakers as well.

I wish the body wasn't junk, I'd turbo this or swap an itb dohc 1.8 in a heartbeat.

• Locked thread