Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I'll be following this one. My first car was a 94 Protege LX, saddled with the godawful automatic. It made it to 175k miles without grenading on me, and I think the guy I sold it to is still driving it. I still search CL for an LX with a manual trans.

Edit:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5237354449.html

That + GTR engine and transmission = :getin:

bandman fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
My old BG would surge and die at idle when the intake boot cracked down in those little folds. The constant heat from being understood kinda bakes them.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

mafoose posted:

From what I've gathered, the fix is a Celica alltrac transmission via an adapter.

Yep. Even the G-series AWD transmission from the GT-R won't hold up to a BP with much of a turbo on it. I don't know that I've seen more than one or two with the Toyota gearbox actually running.

• Locked thread