Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mafoose posted:

Could I join with my shitbox beegee?

Speaking of, my auto belt stopped on the corner of the door and makes driving the car annoying... Anyway to make it move manually and lock it in place?

Is it a 323? Put the VIN in here and see if it has a seat belt recall.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRecallOwners.action
Some of them have a lifetime warranty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Looking at it maybe only the RX-7 had a lifetime warranty. The 323 had a recall but I don't know if they replace it more than once?

Report Receipt Date: NOV 18, 1997
NHTSA Campaign Number: 97V211000
Component(s): SEAT BELTS

All Products Associated with this Recall close

Vehicle MakeModelModel Year(s)
MAZDA3231990-1994
MAZDAMX31992-1993

Details close

1 Associated Document expand

Manufacturer: MAZDA (NORTH AMERICA),INC

SUMMARY:
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH FRONT SEAT AUTOMATIC SHOULDER BELTS. THE RAIL OF THE AUTOMATIC SHOULDER BELT CAN WEAR SUFFICIENTLY SUCH THAT THE CABLE WHICH RETRACTS THE BUCKLE ASSEMBLY CAN BECOME JAMMED IN THE RAIL RENDERING THE SHOULDER BELT INOPERATIVE.
CONSEQUENCE:
A SEAT OCCUPANT MAY NOT BE PROPERLY RESTRAINED IN THE EVENT OF A VEHICLE CRASH.
REMEDY:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE PASSIVE SHOULDER BELT ASSEMBLY WITH A MODIFIED ONE (WITH ADDITIONAL DUST LIP) IN VEHICLES WHICH HAVE EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM. IN VEHICLES IN WHICH THE AUTOMATIC SHOULDER BELT FUNCTIONS PROPERLY, THE RAILS WILL BE INSPECTED AND REPLACED WITH MODIFIED RAILS IF THEY EXCEED THE INSPECTION CRITERIA.
NOTES:
OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN MARCH 31, 1998 AND WILL BE COMPLETED BY AUGUST 1998. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500. ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-800-424-9393.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's 111ft-lbs vs 114ft-lbs, not that bad for torque. Fun enough in a light car.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I had this interior color. Is it brown, tan, or grey? I don't really know, and I can't remember how it looked in person.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I miss it :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
First and second gen Proteges / 323s are subject to a new recall related to potential fires from the ignition switch.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM488414/RCLRPT-15V674-8073.PDF

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Get a battery tie-down?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Sweet, had no idea NAPA had those! It says "front" under information though, the rears aren't a different size are they? Last time I did it it was on my BG Kia but i don't remember if they are different or not.

Found an old ClubP thread. There are four of those and two stabilizer bushings.
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?9650-preformance-shifter-bushings-not-kartboy

Oh look:
http://corksport.com/corksport-bronze-oil-shifter-bushings.html

They still do make these. I was wrong. It was the stabilizer bushings I custom ordered.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 30, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yes they do, 1990-1991, their drivetrains are supposedly pretty weak.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Parts store alternators are usually pretty lovely. Also, I've never heard of a car's charging system getting to over 17 volts...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Try running it without the accessory belts for a short time to see if it still makes the noise? Then maybe a pulley is seized?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Do you have to hook the horns up to a relay?
Why does the light meter go from positive to negative?
Also, do you like those crates with the yellow lids? I saw them at Costco. They don't have the folding lid kind anymore.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
13" is stock on the DX

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Displacement says 1500 so I wonder what motor is in it or if that's a mistake. It has gauges below the radio some I'm guessing it's a turbo, but yet it doesn't even have alloy wheels. Weird, but I want it.

It's one of the three B5 variants, ranging from 90hp to 118hp.
The gauges are just an accessory, like oil pressure and other misc stuff.
Those bumpers are rare I think.

leica posted:

The Momo is just temporary btw, it's on there until I get the wheel i bought from the guy that sold me the mirrors. The horn button in the original wheel was hosed obviously, so the PO drilled a nice hole in it for the shitbox horn button wires and hosed it permanently. The new wheel is gonna be nice.

The horn pad used to be like $15, don't know if they still make it but if they do it's a very easy fix.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've had three cars with those and never had a problem with any of them. I must be the auto belt genie. I never figured out exactly what the emergency exit lever did on my Camry though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's a controller unit under the driver's seat for the seatbelts. At least there was on the 92. I guess you can chuck it and save a pound haha.

edit: Wow according to my service manual it connects to the CPU. Maybe it's better to leave it there haha.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 15, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
tomato soup

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Those things are an abomination and should be reverse outlawed and have fixed belts offered for free :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh that's really good to see.

• Locked thread