Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
How good is the flush stuff? Could it help a "clogged" radiator? I have this weird rare issue where on extremely hot days on the interstate my temp gauge will go way up but never overheat (01 Taurus) but otherwise around town on 100 degree days with ac on I would be confident letting it run all day without the temp gauge moving. Just took it on a 200 mile trip where the weather was in the 70s and the needle never moved. Rad shop just think it's clogged but it's a real PITA on a Taurus to get the rad out otherwise I'd have just thrown a new one in there.

Derail over I have always been fond of Protégés and 323s and I enjoy resurrecting a poo poo heap thread more than a new super at thread. Will be following.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I don't know how your junkyards are but the big pick and pull I go to (90 miles away but thats where my family lives) has a side shop that will pull glass from anything in the yard and install it. I got a windshield for my old accord for like $80 installed.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

leica posted:

I'm REALLY tempted to grab a Kia BP/G series because there are lots of them in the yards. Gotta take baby steps though, once I get this thing buttoned up I have to get to work on my Miata, I've been neglecting it for far too long.

Drove the protege to work today and man it sounds like poo poo, the exhaust is swiss cheese at this point. I imagine it should run a bit better too with a little back pressure once I get the new exhaust on. Also decided to get a windshield through insurance, by FL law if you have comprehensive coverage the insurance company has to pay for it. Doing both the protege and Camry, and if my rates go up I'm jumping ship.

Good deal, did this on my last old car when prepping it for sale. I have maxed out comprehensive on two 15+ year old vehicles with a $50 deductible because: I have no car payments, and $90 a month is good piece of mind.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Surging like that I would consider vacuum lines first, but also things like plug wires...I am assuming you have put new ones on there but I'd check...

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

leica posted:

I have to get rid of that Yakima cargo carrier in the bottom right corner because it takes up way too much space in my shed and I don't use it enough to justify keeping it. I wish I had a garage :smith:

Do what I do...I just said screw it and keep the carrier on top of the wagon...unless a friend is borrowing it for beach trips. Even when we're not going to the beach putting the baby's extra everything (portable crib, high hair, etc...) it comes in handy even for family get togethers. And the hot girls at the bank act concerned when it's not strapped on top so I got that going for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That lexus looks great, what a ton of car for the money.

• Locked thread