Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
seriously whats wrong with u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sorry for hurting the pixels feelings.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
what the hell is undertale

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

mdm posted:

On most animals its where the poo poo comes out

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

You're an awful human being for thinking this lovely game deserves two topics. One is too many as it is.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i actually get phyiscally hard from doing bad things to people in video games what does this mean?

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

mdm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vasLG_Tizk

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
who told you about my human beans?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ThePriceIsRight posted:

i actually get phyiscally hard from doing bad things to people in video games what does this mean?

how hard? Do you ooze pre?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Al Borland posted:

drat this thread got hot all of the sudden

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Al Borland posted:

As hard as I have seen it. Some

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
Pic of some in-game graphics

Can't wait for the animation patch

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ThePriceIsRight posted:

As hard as I have seen it. Some

You're a sadist and in order to truly enjoy yourself you need to hurt and abuse others during sex.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dehumanize and face the pixel genocide

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The music in this game is really good. I guess you could say that everything about it is good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mdm posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Does anybody know what Rayden says when he does the flying tackle move

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm sorry for hurting the pixels feelings.

This but unironically

Seriously I'm such a weenie when I play "moral choice" video games. The victims are always so pathetic I can't help but feel sorry for them

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I saw a dude play it. Looks like it was made with rpg maker 95

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

a bay posted:

Does anybody know what Rayden says when he does the flying tackle move

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
reaaaalll hummannnn beaaannnnn

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Is Sean Bean a real human bean?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
my fursona is outwardly and overly violent so i cant be a pacific fist like you want youf cucing fagot jestus christ on acraker

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hate turn-based RPGs. This is my Game of the Year. What.

After becoming ULTRA-JADED about gaming with the cancellation of Silent Hills, this game re-established that games can be really, really frickin good.

This thing was made with an incredible amount of love, and it shows in every nook and cranny, every joke, every secret conversation you never thought a game dev would have thought to include. Tobyfox is the most thorough dev ever. I'm continuously impressed with how many things he thought to include in this game, and how he managed to make it all extremely fun the entire way through. You'd think you've seen everything in this game, but you haven't. There's always another amazing thing, another way to turn the genre on its head, another great joke you didn't see coming. And it stays engaging the entire time, supported by a cast of fantastic, endearing, hilarious characters. Great puzzles too, imo!

It avoids all the things about (turn-based and non) RPGs that I despise:
-There's no grinding (unless you want to)
-Battles are a great length and never overstayed their welcome for me
-There's no boring menu-navigation-only-based combat (bullet dodging/timing-based stuff really spices it up, as well as bossfights always having a new, really fun gameplay twist on them!)
-There's no unlikable/unrelatable characters that go on and on about you being the "Chosen One" or whatever
-No plot where you gotta go to the 7 temples and find the 7 sacred whatevers and then oh wait now that you've gotten those 7 sacred whatevers, you gotta go to 4 extra places and get 4 SUPER sacred whatevers...
-No backtracking (unless you want to! Backtracking is actually usually rewarded with more fun conversations and such.)
-No constant equipping and unequipping items because, oh, this one is +2 Def but -3 Speed but THIS one is +3 Speed and -2 Def but THIS one is immune to fire and this one is...
-It actually has a way more complex, useful moral than "Evil is Bad, Good is Good." Everyone has relateable motivations.
-The writing doesn't suck like 90% of RPGs. It has a wonderful sense of humor and a simple plot that is underlaid with complex emotions.
-Has jokes about anime, doesn't take itself seriously.

I could gush about it forever. Undertale's not only made me less jaded about gaming, but also less jaded about real life. It has a strong message about empathy that stays everpresent, while somehow not being cloying about it, or shoving the message down your throat. It's simply a wonderful experience, please play this thing!!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I joined the Legion in one of my playthroughs of hit game Fallout: New Vegas

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I joined the Legion in one of my playthroughs of hit game Fallout: New Vegas

I'm not going to play any of the Fallout games because people have written thousands of pages of adult-oriented MLP fanfic of it that have been published in hardcover collectors edition box sets.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
op under my tale is a poopy butthole!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I did a pacifist run and then played Just Cause 2 and killed a bunch of people

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

circ dick soleil posted:

I'm not going to play any of the Fallout games because people have written thousands of pages of adult-oriented MLP fanfic of it that have been published in hardcover collectors edition box sets.

I'm not going to play Undertale because it's a retard game for retardeds

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I am going to play Undertale because it's surprisingly good in all respects. The music is great, the pixel art is splendid, and it was created by only two people which is loving insane.

Seriously, check it out if you haven't already. There's a free demo on the website.

http://undertale.com/demo.htm

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i murdered every1 op and im gonna do it again too

• Locked thread