Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

I guess Hillary is going to let the D committee members take the "this is a political farce" angle and just be the devoted public servant humbly answering questions

That's probably the right tack to take - if she attacks the committee without one of the members loving up first, she won't win the media narrative on it. Like someone said upthread, this is going to be reported as a good faith effort until someone breaks the narrative. (Assumedly someone won't be able to help themselves.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Crain posted:

1) gently caress you Gowdy. This whole thing deserves nothing but Short Shrift you ratfuck.

2) gently caress you Roshkam. Yeah she's got notes because you fucks dumped 900+ documents on her on monday.

3) Is someone turning her mic off? That's twice in like 30 seconds.

I think it's pretty common for the microphone to be off outside of specifically answering - wouldn't want to get caught saying something incriminating on a hot mic, especially when the lawyer whispers instruction if he does.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

The person that said that up thread sounds extremely wise.

LOL my bad. Yes, that.

Also, Congressman Roskam and his bitchy remarks on Hillary having the audacity to have notes are...um...an interesting start.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Conservatives on Twitter in a frothing rage that Hillary didn't refer to Tab 31. This is quite a thing.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Martha Roby trying to get in a dig and run out of time doing it, but Hillary is not going to let that happen.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Rep. Westmoreland only wants "yes" or "no" answers because time. Certainly it has nothing to do with avoiding nuance, NO SIR.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Homeboy's voice is putting me to sleep. I hate to make fun of a regional accent, but Christ.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Westmoreland lets Hillary paint him as someone who hates our thankless men and women working in security.

:owned: Jesus she is good at this.

Watching her always forces me to remember how good Obama was in-campaign to defeat her. I know she's not the world's greatest campaigner, but she's generally pretty hard to catch off-guard/knock off her perch.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
I can't believe how badly she dropkicked Pompeo on his way out of questioning, holy poo poo

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I can't believe she 'dropkicked' him by just asking 'so who exactly are you accusing of meeting with terrorist leaders?' and revealing he was just making poo poo up

I just loved the immediate silence, change of facial expression, and "WELL MY TIME SEEMS TO BE..."

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Jim Jordan is my favorite crazy on this panel; strap in.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
WHY NOT JUST SPEAK PLAIN?

Jim Jordan is way out of his depth; he is my shining star.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Softball question here for her to tee off on before Gowdy questions.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Holy poo poo, this is a massacre.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

Reading this thread is amazing. Like some sort of art exhibit. What kind of homer watches this and thinks Hillary looks good or is winning? She's a complete joke, and the fact that her inquisitors are sad D-list GOP stooges doesn't change that. She is demonstrably dishonest AND incompetent.

"We've DEFINITELY got her this time! Why can't anyone see it!?"

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I like that it feels like Gowdy legitimately forgot she was a lawyer for a minute because she just spent this whole questioning getting him to on record say poo poo like 'these cables were actually from intelligence sources not Sid' and now she's just repeating what he's agreed with.

He's already puffed up about how "we might come from different backgrounds, because in a courtroom..."

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Suddenly, Gowdy seems in a hurry to break for lunch.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Absolute demolition of Gowdy to end that round, holy gently caress.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
The CNN camera on Trey Gowdy sitting in his chair alone.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Has anyone seen anything from the right saying that this is a disaster or are they all cleaving to the company line?

It's literally been the opposite of this thread; they think the committee's been EXPOSING her.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

What was the motion for, I missed it.

To release the Blumenthal transcript; a SHOCKING party line vote.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
This is a loving poo poo show; clerk misreports 13 votes even after the vote.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

What you think it was a conspiracy? They gently caress up vote totals all the time.

Huh? I'm not sure "LOL you can't figure out the count on your party line vote on a committee with 7 and 5 members respectively." leads to "CONSPIRACY!"

It's funny in conjunction with Gowdy trying to run the vote, then telling people how to vote, then Jordan not voting when asked, etc.

Re: Gowdy - I see we're back to "DO YOU NEED TO SEE YOUR NOTES?"

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Inglonias posted:

Good god, how much longer is this going to take?

Much, much longer.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
"He was the ambassador...."

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Adam Smith already referencing the McFaul tweet.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Von Sloneker posted:

Ahahaa Shep Smith: "I don't see how all this talk of Sid Blumenthal helps us get to the truth of 'hashtag Benghazi.'" He's pretty much rolling his eyes at all of this.

I don't know what Shep Smith has on Ailes, because he often just goes out and says "This is loving stupid, let's talk about Candy Crush/True Blood."

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
The stacks of papers are GLARING PROOF. - caller

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Someone called her stupid dumb and retarded (because she is) and she is mad about it

I'm guilty of doing this in my frustration with people's obviously terrible viewpoints, but I guess I can see how absolutely frustrating it must be to see horror and outrage and blah blah blah someplace, and have people respond with "LOL what the gently caress is wrong with you? Read something."

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
CNN has just said that some of the Republicans have said they're only about half or so done....

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
This is starting to feel like a victory lap; I was thinking she might come out tired/with lower energy.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
I guess I know it isn't rational and that it's a stupid question, but why on Earth has nobody in the Republican party been able to sit everyone else down and stop burning political energy on making their enemies stronger? Isn't there anyone left in this party who can recognize an ambush, or at the very least, the weak political floor below them as they're walking along? This just seems to call attention to their lack of competence when they're actually pretty good at hiding it with silence if they need to.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Unless posted:

let me take you back to what america was like on November 5th, 2008, and what the Republicans thought they had to do to survive...

I know, I know, but gently caress is it baffling that nobody can just yell "NOOOOOOOOO"

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
"We give up - can't you just tell us where you hosed up and how to attack you?"

The question is the right one and a fair one, but after so long, it doesn't have the effect of having her admit faults early on.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Jim Jordan is insufferable; I love his rounds of questioning so much.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Jim Jordan has no ability to comprehend the sentence he is attempting to launch a full-scale attack on.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Is there any word yet on why the Republicans believe "This was a terrorist attack" and "some have blamed a video" are mutually exclusive? Hell, even "this began with a protest".

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I wonder if when this guy goes home does he just laugh and tell his wife what a wacky day he had or is he sincere and he just keeps yelling and being angry.

"Honey, you said we were having meatloaf but why are all these brussel sprouts here!?"
"The meatloaf is right next to it, dear."
"But you never said anything about brussel sprouts! You said we were having meatloaf!"

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

They are desperate to make something stick.

It's so incredibly chill how they didn't get this worked up about 3k Americans dying on Bush's watch, or that many or more dying or wounded in Iraq.

Kro-Bar posted:

They're desperately trying to get a sound-bite out of Hillary. They don't care about what actually happened.

It's just the weirdness of the positions that baffles me; like I don't understand why it can't be both or all three things. The meatloaf/brussels sprouts post is a good example of me trying to parse through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Rep. Cummings has the understanding that they intend to go for another 2.5 hours.

• Locked thread