Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Anyone have a recommendation for my Magmar deck? I've only been playing like 4 days and I'm stuck at rank 6, I keep winning one, losing one, winning one, losing one.

Vaath the Immortal x1
Greater Fortitude x3
Young Silithar x3
Healing Mystic x2
Mana Burn x3
Jaxi x3
Primus Fist x2
Diretide Frenzy x2
Primordial Gazer x1
Saberspine Tiger x3
Veteran Silithar x3
Emerald Rejuvenator x3
Egg Morph x2
Adamantite Claws x2
Elucidator x2
Dancing Blades x2
Makantor Warbeast x3

http://duelystdb.com/squad/communit...DE1NywyOjMwMDEy

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

koolkal posted:

Drop the dancing blades, add flash reincarnation if you can afford them, dampening wave if you can't

You're basically playing an aggro magmar deck and dancing blades doesn't really make a lot of sense since killing weak enemy minions with a 5 cost minion with only 3 attack doesn't really help that goal, dampening wave is a lot better for board control because it costs 0 mana and lets you make better trades and still develop good minions with your mana

Dancing blades are actually 4/6's but I might see how it does without them.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kronikle posted:

The one copy of Primordial Gazer seems weird too. Is there a reason why he's in there?

I just stuck him in there as a forth 'greater fortitude'. That's the slot I would swap over to a crossbones if I saw a lot of mechaz0r decks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Megaflare posted:

Yeah I've been getting to needing one more win then getting stomped by Immolation or a cheesy Magmar. I guess I'll see if I can make a functioning version of the things you mentioned without spending a bunch of spirit, thanks. I'd really like to make a third wish but yeah, expensive.

Ed: Put together a piecemeal Lyonar deck since I had two immolations anyway. Just moved across the board and summoned minions, 3 straight wins and I'm in gold.

You can get to diamond with a vanar aggro deck pretty easy. It got me from 5 to 3 pretty easy. I don't think it has even a single rare or epic in it. I'll post my list when I'm on a computer.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Here's the Vanar list that someone was asking about. I was playing this without being level 11 on vanar so it might be better with bears. I won like 8-9 out of my 13 games at rank 5-4 with this deck.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

are they going to improve this game's performance? my computer is pretty poo poo but I can run hearthstone, so I don't get why my computer'd be choking trying to play this.

it runs fine on anything that I've tried it on

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Onato posted:

Any important synergies I should know about? How do you play it specifically?

Thanks

EDIT

Won 5 games on the trot with this.

Seems like you figured it out. You run at them and hit them until they die.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah the game is actually really well balanced on the ladder at least. Vetruvian is broken good but the devs will nerf them I'm sure. They seem to be on top of balance changes.

After you learn which things to play around, aoe becomes a lot easier. You never want just 1 big minion out against magmar, nor do you want a ton of sub 3 attack. Against Vetruvian you need to keep your units in a square or a line so they don't get owned by stars fury. For abyssian try to use the square posted above because they can make one of your minions explode for 3 whenever it dies.

Lyonar have Holy immolation, a 4 damage aoe.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The numbers for legendaries are 1/4 rather than the 1/20~ from HS.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

streaming some mechanar

http://www.twitch.tv/greypowervan''

EDIT: nevermind, super tired today.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 21, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They're being changed a bit soon (probably) but yeah they need their epics and legendaries. Lyonar and Magmar are easy and fairly cheap. Also Mechaz0r Vanar is good and cheap.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this is about 10k spirit

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I unlocked casual mode, S rank achieved :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gorrister posted:

Did you spend any money on the game yet? Honestly, the only think keeping me from snap buying 40 orbs is the terrible CAD exchange rate.

i bought 40 orbs yeah. i think you can get S without it, but maybe it would be hard in your first month if you're new.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Have you tried Control Magmar?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vet truly is too good right now, though. I expect them and maybe Mag to see some nerfs.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Portal Guardian, Rasha's Curse, and Jaxi are all things I would look at. Rasha's to 3 mana is my personal guess.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The magmar egg spawning thing is played in like 0 decks because it's not that good.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I literally made it to rank 5 playing starter decks and super budget decks. You should probably buy 15 or 40 packs if you plan on buying any, but it's not required at all.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

keeper will be getting nerfed.

so will third wish

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah vanar is pretty aggro in general

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Isn't jaxi a common?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Craft the mechs for a mech vanar list and coast to rank s

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Broken cards: a 6 mana 4/4

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What? Songhai is probably one of the stronger classes right now, Mega.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I believe since the third wish change the only place you'll see a Jax is in a later game vanar list using it to combo with razorback. Maybe if you're newer it wouldn't be bad in a buff based deck of any class.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kronikle posted:

I love Jax Truesight. He doesn't have as much game ending power as he used to, but he's still a nightmare to deal with for Vet, Vanar, and usually Songhai and Abyssian.

Maybe abyssian, true. But the soul shatter pact builds are weaker than the plain builds imo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Don't listen to what Ryan says on that guide. Not really anything against him, but... he's pretty wrong. Peppr is better but it's not good either. I suggest you hop into grinch or envy's stream and ask them if you want to DE something (or ask fellow goons)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dark Nemesis is a great finisher for newer players. Would rather you disenchanted the decimate and kept those.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ah, yes, it was luck that was bad, not you forgetting zeal.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Urthor posted:

I mean my suggestion is don't try to reinvent the wheel by disenchanting entire factions and trying to innovate big abyssian, it's just not a gewd idea fellas

Follow Peppyr's guide, don't listen to Ryan

yeah i recommended not following it before but he has done a lot of revamping in the month since i checked it out and i agree with him on most everything now. peppyr is alright

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Control Volume posted:

I've only been playing a little bit but tinkering with Vetruvian I've discovered that obelisks are awful and in the rare instance they don't get dispelled or moved to a corner of the battlefield immediately, it'll just whacked for free, sometimes in the form of an Abyssian general summoning a fiend or a recoilless frenzy attack. I've gotten an actual useful dervish summoned like twice on my trudge to level 11 and I've had exactly one game where the enemy was able to get a useful dervish against me, for exactly one turn after he had already had a winning board state.

One of the top Vet players actually started playing obelisks this month, so I dunno.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

crimson oculus was hella strong in december season, i don't know about now

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

orangelex44 posted:

Also, you know what's fun? The loving Songhai who drops two boars on turn 1, that's real loving fun.

edit: like, seriously, that class is so loving toxic, because it's the only one where there's Nothing You Can Do. If they draw nuts, you're dead instantly.

have you considered not running straight ahead like an idiot against songhai, because tusk boar is a card.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ghost of Starman posted:

Ick - just drew Paddo. These guys seem to think it's an easy call to dust 'im - still true?

Yeah Paddo is not good. I think some pros have sideboarded it for tournaments but that's very few and most don't.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

There aren't neutral spells because they want each faction to play differently.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just craft a mechanic vanar list. Cheap, good, replaces ur poo poo golems and barriers. 3 helm, 3 sword, 3 wings, 2 or 3 cannons.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I made it to rank 10 in Demeber season by using the premade decks. I don't know if that's possible anymore, but it definitely was then. Just craft a few commons and I'm sure you could make it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Drakes posted:

I wind not up using the premade decks since I don't know whats in them, and I'm probably not playing aggressively enough and cycling out enough cards with how you get 2 cards per turn. Can't say its my kinda thing I guess.

I suppose the other thing is that the player pool is too limited for any sort of matchmaking to work also.

i mean you get matched with people who are your rank almost every time. the only time it gives a higher rank is when you're climbing ime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mech vanar doesn't solely rely on mechaz0r to win, he's just a must-answer threat

• Locked thread