Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

JawKnee posted:

stoppin in on the first page of the upcoming 4-year thread to say I don't think things are going to be all that great

Don't blame me I voted Marxist-Leninist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

PT6A posted:

Shut your whore mouth right now. I'd kill for a Double Pizza out here.

I mean, I think Montreal pizza could be improved upon, but it's a lot better than Calgary pizza, and it never caused me food poisoning.

As a current McGill student I can confirm that Double Pizza is the poo poo, especially during exams when there's no time to cook.

There's also generally a ton of really good pizza places if you're more adventurous than my American friends here who just order Dominoes all the time.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Today I passed a truck carrying two Saudi export LAV IIIs on the 401 heading to Montreal, it was weird to see the sanctity of government contracts in person. I can't wait to see them show up on YouTube shooting at civilians/getting blown up by a TOW.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I was watching with family and we're all loving terrified but maybe there will be a reverse brain drain now that the anti-intellectuals are in power?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Guys I think that given the political climate in the rest of the English speaking world Trudeau is... good???

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Pffft...thinking Canada was ever "great".

The Haudenosaunee did nothing wrong

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

namaste faggots posted:

all star treks except TNG are garbage, you fuckin nerds

Woah, you made a good post

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Helsing posted:

No one with real power in the US is acting as though these Putin scare stories are accurate. And this latest kompromat story should not be taken seriously until there's real evidence to support it, which there currently is not. What appears to be happening is that Trump's enemies are establishing a paper trail to support hearings against Trump in the future or even a potential impeachment process (look to Brazil for a recent example of legislators using a corruption probe to take out a President they don't like). The likely play here is that by challenging him from the get-go on being soft on Russia, they can pressure him into over compensating by taking a more belligerent stance toward Russian. Keep in mind that the conflict with Russia is worth many billions of dollars and a lot of power and influence for people within the American deep state. They have every incentive to try and limit the President's room for maneuver when it comes to dealing with Russia.

Noted pissbaby Donald Trump who has unabashedly attacked every living US President, US prisoners of war, US military families, disabled reporters, and thousands of other Americans has never had a bad word to say about former KGB agent Vladimir Putin, president of the Russian Federation.

I mean I'm not big on conspiracies but I think anybody would have to admit that the optics of responding to repeated and numerous allegations of Russian influence with 'actually Russia is good and we should be friends with them' are terrible and he's not helping his own case at all. I would trust whatever nefarious American government/corporate Illuminati you're dreaming of way before I would trust the FSB.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Helsing posted:

Yeah, how unhinged would someone have to be to think the CIA are untrustworthy?

Not very, but that doesn't diminish the fact that Russia is worse and it's a good thing that they've been reduced to a regional power. I'm far more concerned with their interference in global affairs than how talking about that will take way from the ideological soul searching that the Democrats could be doing.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Russia delenda est

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Helsing posted:

So you agree the CIA are untrusthworthy but are still happy to casually insinuate that anyone who distrusts them is on the same level as an Illuminati believer.

I'm insinuating that you sound hysterical. I agree that the North American left needs to pull it together but I also happen to think that Russia is a bad country actively trying to destabilize the west and add fuel to the fires that are driving the resurgence of political extremism here.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Helsing posted:

What, specifically, sounds hysterical to you?

Helsing posted:

The CIA is not on our side and we don't gain anything by repeating their lies. For gently caress's sake, do you think they are trying to deletigimize Trump because he wants to cut social security or denies global warming? No. They are completely fine with those parts of his agenda and won't obstruct them. They are just upset because he's loving their plans for a new Cold War.

That entire post but I didn't want to quote it all again. You're ascribing "Bush did 9/11" levels of competence and malice to the U.S. government where I don't think any exists while somehow entirely ignoring the entire Russian state intelligence apparatus? It reads like knee-jerk anti-Americanism that's simultaneously white-washing Russian aggression like we're in the loving 70's. The entire "DEMOCRATS WANT WW3!!!!" was even a RT propaganda talking point.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Did everyone just get the same CBC alert I did :haw:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Phone posting, but in a total shock to everyone O'Leary decided to join the leadership race right after the French language debate

Kevin O'Leary to enter Conservative leadership race tomorrow
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kevin-oleary-conservative-leadership-race-1.3939876

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Does O'Leary have a platform other than 'people recognize my name better than the other dozen nobodies running'?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Do you mean the Communist Party of Canada, or the Communist Party of Canada (Marxist-Leninist)?

For comparison here's the Marxist-Leninist platform (which I voted for)

quote:

A new direction for the economy that upholds public right, not monopoly right. Sovereign decision making over the economy has to be restored and manufacturing made a priority using natural resources to meet the people’s needs, not for sell-out. An end to the sell-off and privatization of public assets.

An end to paying the rich and immediately to increase funding for social programs to ensure the rights of the people to childcare and recreation, education, health care, seniors’ care and pensions are guaranteed.

Renewal of the political process so that Canadians can directly decide the matters that concern them and affect their lives. Fund the electoral process not the parties, uphold the right to an informed vote and enable electors to exercise their right to select and elect their representatives and participate in governance.

A modern constitution that eliminates all vestiges of privilege, affirms citizenship rights on an objective, non-racist basis, and provides the rights of residents and refugees with a guarantee. Freedom of conscience must not be violated under any circumstances.

Providing security by defending the rights of all. The MLPC joins with Canadians in demanding the repeal of Bill C-51 and similar legislation and calls for providing rights with a guarantee. When people can exercise control over their lives their security will be defended.

Ending colonial injustice and establishing nation-to-nation relations with the indigenous peoples, and upholding Quebec’s right to self-determination.

Establishing an anti-war government so that Canada is a factor for peace, not predatory war. An anti-war government would withdraw Canada from NATO, NORAD and aggressive military bodies and arrangements, and end interference in the affairs of sovereign countries. An anti-war government would work to end the displacement of people as a result of wars of aggression and occupation and to provide humanitarian aid to refugees and victims of natural disasters.

International trade based on mutual benefit and development, and a withdrawal from all neo-liberal free trade deals that have put Canada’s human and natural resources at the disposal of the monopolies.

Solving the problems of environmental destruction and climate change by empowering human beings, especially the working people, to control the decisions about what to produce and how to produce it.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 20, 2017

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

eXXon posted:

I think that there should be Laws against randomly capitalizing Nouns for no good Reason, with a mandatory minimum sentence of a Punch in the Dick.

Boy do I have a language fur dich

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey. Sticking my dick in here for a second. Uh, this is my final straw and I quitting and walking away as soon as I get another job.

Also jm20 is the one who doxx ed me.

I'm sorry you're in that lovely situation and had to go through all the stupid stuff coming out of this thread.

This news is awful, I hope there's some perceptible public reaction to it.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

A whole new generation learned what a bunch of lying shills the Liberals are.

And now they can all stay home in 2019 because their "votes don't matter" and the CPC can sweep back to power.

gg Liberals.

At least I can be vindicated after some of my friends gave me poo poo in 2015 for not voting Liberal, yay :smith:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

namaste faggots posted:

I once went out for dinner with a bunch of colleagues at Ruth Chris. One of em ordered a loving steak well done like diaper wearing cuck and I instantly lost all respect for his bitch rear end

where can I vote for you

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

ChairMaster posted:

I'm not hysterical about JT going back on his promise, I called it like 15 months ago, go check the archives if you want. I'm just happy to have an opportunity to rub people's faces in it.

Going to bed for reals this time though gently caress all y'all stupid Canadians.

You're a really cool guy just frothing at the mouth in the CanPol thread, you sure showed everyone how above it all you are.

e: I'm also a millennial what does that even have to do with anything, half the people I know got married right out of highschool to become the next generation of townie Canadians you seem so mad about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

'Canadian Trump' status:

lol

I'm shocked lost interest after realizing he'd actually have to be in Canada occasionally, CBC says it's because he doesn't think he can beat Trudeau.