Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3IzgYrOJ88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

theyre old now

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

they are old now but they looked old when they were young so it works out in the end

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

What I like is that no canadians are allowed on the show

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I thought I liked david cross but this is terrible

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:gas: Mr. Show.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
That sure is one joke run into the ground for six minutes.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
The ending never told us what happened to the guy who wanted to be a director

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Wow, that was bad. :sigh:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Mr. Show was good but the torch has been passed to Tim and Eric.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Hmmm :smith:

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
I don't see a difference

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

Mr. Show was good but the torch has been passed to Tim and Eric.

new Bedtime Stories in November

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

MrQwerty posted:

new Bedtime Stories in November

Oh sweet. I didn't know. Clicking this thread was worthwhile after all. Voted 2.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Maybe with Jay Johnston, Paul F. Tompkins, Bob Odenkirk, Tom Kenny, Jill Talley, John Ennis, Brian Posehn, Mark Rivers and Dino Stamatopolis (he got the goods!) supporting him, David Cross will finally be funny and relevant again!

Also maybe there will be special appearances by Scott Aukerman and Jack Black! Probably not but maybe!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Maybe with Jay Johnston, Paul F. Tompkins, Bob Odenkirk, Tom Kenny, Jill Talley, John Ennis, Brian Posehn, Mark Rivers and Dino Stamatopolis (he got the goods!) supporting him, David Cross will finally be funny and relevant again!

Do you think he has to work? I wonder, really.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

King Vidiot posted:

Also maybe there will be special appearances by Scott Aukerman and Jack Black! Probably not but maybe!

Aukerman was the announcer at the end of that clip. That not funny clip.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Dear David "Never Writes Back to Me and Now He's a Dead Man" Cross,

How does it feel being a dead man?
Praying to God won't help.

Your Killer,
Bob Odenkirk

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
was i supposed to laugh? i didnt laugh.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

LegoPirateNinja posted:

It was doubly bad because these guys have produced serious comedy gold together in the past. This was like someone took a rejected script from a failed primetime sketch comedy show, added a few curse words to it, and called it a day.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

LegoPirateNinja posted:

The show laughed so you didn't have to.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you don't like this, and mr show in general, you are mentally retarded.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Black Baby Goku posted:

If you don't like this, and mr show in general, you are mentally retarded.

What if I liked Mr Show but thought this was dire

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
David lost his hair.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

What if I liked Mr Show but thought this was dire

Then you don't really like or understand mr show I guess? It's exactly like the old skits and you obviously will see it tie into a greater narrative per episode.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Then you don't really like or understand mr show I guess? It's exactly like the old skits and you obviously will see it tie into a greater narrative per episode.

Ah yes, the old "taken out of context" argument. Clearly there will be enough funny before and after this sketch that it will magically become funny by osmosis. Also nice use of the "you're not a real fan I guess" argument, too. Kudos.

:rolleyes:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Mr. Show was only ever funny after you were talking about it with other people who watched it. I can only assume this thing is a result of the odenkirck awakening. Shame its unfunny in that bob and dave are pretty seriously funny.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Mr Show had plenty of great comedy moments that not only were funny, but stood very much on their own without necessarily needing the context of being tied into a larger narrative.

This new sketch was not such a comedy moment.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This was not the best mr. Show sketch ever but I enjoyed it and look forward to more.

I think there will be weird backlash like this thread because people will forget that mr. Show was an excellent sketch comedy show and not something totally revolutionary.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtE1HnIU6q8
still brilliant today, the taint sketch is also great

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Ah yes, the old "taken out of context" argument. Clearly there will be enough funny before and after this sketch that it will magically become funny by osmosis. Also nice use of the "you're not a real fan I guess" argument, too. Kudos.

bwuhhhh you don't like something I don't like, you must not get it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

it really is similar to a lot of the old sketches though. i feel you may remember differently.

every season had at least 2 or 3 total clunkers (they even acknowledge this in the commentary tracks). this one is more on par with the funny-but-forgettable sketches, of which there are usually one per episode.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

mr.capps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtE1HnIU6q8
still brilliant today, the taint sketch is also great

yeah I love this one and am really looking forward to seeing new "cinematic" stuff. I think those were usually my favorites.

big fan of Philouza and the Salieri character being haunted by the physical manifestation of mediocrity. one of those things that gets funnier when you think about how absurd it is long after watching it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
can this just be the general comedy thread in gbs?

as much as i love mr. show, i think season 2 of the birthday boys is probably the best series of sketch comedy

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it really is similar to a lot of the old sketches though. i feel you may remember differently.

every season had at least 2 or 3 total clunkers (they even acknowledge this in the commentary tracks). this one is more on par with the funny-but-forgettable sketches, of which there are usually one per episode.

That's fair enough, I'd agree with that. It's easy to remember the really good (or really bad) stuff. The "kind of there" stuff is much easier to forget.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ffO5_mpNQY
i can't tell if this or plate boy and cup boy are my favorite sketch of all time

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/plate-boy-and-cup-boy/n27086
all the best saturday night live sketches never make it pass dress rehearsal

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5Dwyth6Mw

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

best skit is the story of everest, sorry if you dont like it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
bob and david are that hard up for cash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i like the sketch where the class goes on a field trip up the teacher's mom's rear end

• Locked thread