Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Ha ha, Lenny "Dick"stra.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/lenny-dykstra-says-he-hired-a-private-investigator-to-blackmail-mlb-umpires

quote:

I said ‘I need these umpires,’ so what do I do? I just pulled a half-million bucks out and hired a private investigation team. Their blood is just as red as ours. Some of them like women, some of them like men, some of them gamble. Some of them do whatever … It wasn’t a coincidence do you think that I led the league in walks the next two years, was it? Fear does a lot to a man.

‘Hey, so did you cover last night?’ He called a strike. ‘Oh I don’t think you heard me. Did you cover the spread last night?'”

Let's all talk about how baseball used to be all about the wholesome values of the sport. Buy me some peanuts and an umpire! If he makes calls I don't like I'll blackmail his rear end, rear end, assholes on the diaaaaamond, if they don't win it's a shame! 'cause it's one, two, three hundred grand to win an ole ball game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
strike 1

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

smart

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loving moron.

Baseball sucks anyway.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol that owns, dude knew how to play ball and "play ball"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wish my piece of poo poo garbage team the Seattle Mariners would hire someone like that to help them out. :smith:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Who do you guys want to win the world series. I'm rooting for KC since the stupid rear end in a top hat mets beat the dodgers and also because if KC loses lowtax will probably be super pissed and go on a banning spree or something

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I blame Jackie Robinson.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
the umps are not safe

tickle daddy
Oct 16, 2015

by Lowtax
was there anything illegal about this?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
sounds weird

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Nooner posted:

Who do you guys want to win the world series. I'm rooting for KC since the stupid rear end in a top hat mets beat the dodgers and also because if KC loses lowtax will probably be super pissed and go on a banning spree or something

I guess KC because it'll be more fun to say the Cubs got swept by the team that lost the world series.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I guess KC because it'll be more fun to say the Cubs got swept by the team that lost the world series.

lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

tickle daddy posted:

was there anything illegal about this?

I think blackmailing people for any reason is probably a crime.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol Lenny Dykstra is the scientology of pitchers

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Over the summer Lenny and Doc Gooden were signing autographs in Syracuse for fathers day because his son plays for us. According to the cabbie that drove my friends and I to a game on July 4th Lenny had him take him to a brothel in a sometimes seedy town a couple miles from the stadium.

When they go to the house Nails felt uncomfortable based on the 2 dudes sitting on the porch and decided he wasn't going to wait for them to come back out to let him in and they took off.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that sounds like something Dykstra would do

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
So when are they automating calling of balls/strikes? After watching many games last year with the box on the screen - the umpire basically flips a coin if the ball is in or out of the zone by a couple of inches.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Lol philly sports team suck dick.

A little sad though because northeast teams always catch poo poo for cheating, down south always wife beating, drugs, and stealing crab legs or some dumb bullshit.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
philly threw batteries at Santa Claus

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Weirdest part is that there's someone who still cares about baseball

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

Weirdest part is that there's someone who still cares about baseball

Clearly not that much though if a player can casually go 'haha yeah I bribed/extorted/blackmailed a bunch of umpires and that's why my numbers were so good.' Meanwhile Tom Brady maybe deflated a football a little too much and it's a national scandal for a year.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Colin Cowherd is a human being

look at his set up he is a fag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvhb_BjTDmk

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Jerry Rice is admitting he used stickum all the time. As long as you don't get caught just let it cool for 15-20 years then try to get some media cash when you're broke.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lenny Dykstra is a crazy piece of poo poo if anyone didn't know.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Luvcow posted:

philly threw batteries at Santa Claus
the only acceptable target to throw batteries at a sports game is John Rocker

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Riley Cooper

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This is all a misunderstanding, I'm sure.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

he apologized for his n-bomb, even if he wasn't sincere about it (he probably wasn't). Rocker still believes every single thing he said

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dykstra is a crazy person and pathological liar. I believe everything he says he believes is true.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There was also that time in 1991 when Dykstra was driving Darren Daulton home from John Kruk's bachelor party and crashed his Mercedes into a tree, severely injuring them both. What a character.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Lenny Dykstra is the reason baseball players can't use chewing tobacco on the field.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Lenny Dykstra is the reason baseball players can't use chewing tobacco on the field.

Who? This guy?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
loving awesome if true but it probably isn't since mlb refs have that as a full time job

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

Who? This guy?

lol. yup. He spit so much in left field at the Vet they changed the goddam rules

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It's a simple misunderstanding.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

lol. yup. He spit so much in left field at the Vet they changed the goddam rules

If anything, it improved the turf at that stadium.

Besides this has to be at least 20% chewing gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
when men were men

• Locked thread