Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010
Dah Depaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Tujague posted:

Also Tarantino's poo poo is almost all above par except Jackie Brown

suck it

Jackie Brown is actually one of his best movies. its just not insufferably goony and gimmicky so people overlook it

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

it's a good movie gently caress you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cowman posted:

it's a good movie gently caress you

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
The Departed ruled. it was really fun in the theaters because everyone was super vocal in their reactions. everyone was like, oh hell naw.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

extra stout posted:

get ready for your mind to be blown boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSja633_F4

clicked thinking it would be stupid bullshit, was actually a decent idea well sourced with clips. INTERESTING.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

you farkin queers. farkn queer tards over here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

now that i live in boston i finally understand the movie: you're supposed to cheer and hope eveyr single one of these obnoxious pieces of poo poo dies, and frown at the end when one gets away

the departed is okay but you just made like 6 posts in a row about it

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The hot chick redeemed the entire movie IMO

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

the Bunt posted:

Jackie Brown is actually one of his best movies. its just not insufferably goony and gimmicky so people overlook it

Jackie Brown is such a good movie. I think it's Sam Jackson's best performance, even surpassing his stellar performances in Pulp Fiction and XXX: State of the Union.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

toggle posted:

you farkin queers. farkn queer tards over here

You arh.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

RALF posted:

The hot chick redeemed the entire movie IMO

Dat rear end. Whew!

I liked the movie. A lot of great actors chewing the gently caress out of the scenery in it. They probably had a loving blast making it.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I like the film the departed

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

King of Bees posted:

Dat rear end. Whew!

post pics

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

OPDATE: I finished it and liked it, more than I liked it the first time

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

wow she's beautiful

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Because nobody ever sees him give someone the old spicy keychain

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

canyoneer posted:

Because nobody ever sees him give someone the old spicy keychain

the spicy keychain is secretly why homer hates bart

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Just watched it, they could've made the ending work without Leo dying. I just feel like it was a cheap shocker.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Odddzy posted:

Just watched it, they could've made the ending work without Leo dying. I just feel like it was a cheap shocker.

i kinda thought so too.

But it did lead to Marky Mark killing Will Hunting

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Marky mark shootin that gently caress in the dome made leos death acceptable imo. Otherwise gently caress the departed and jack nicklesun dying shoild have been more gruesome. Like maybe a bomb blew his limbs and poo poo off and u just see his viscera fly all over the fuckin pigs there on the bust

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i kinda thought so too.

But it did lead to Marky Mark killing Will Hunting

Yeah, that did feel good good though. How did he figure out the rat was Will Hunt?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Odddzy posted:

Yeah, that did feel good good though. How did he figure out the rat was Will Hunt?

he was the only main character left

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he was the only main character left

Good point.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
real talk: Both Marky Mark and Wall street knew Will Hunting was with the Joker before they sent Leo in, they were looking for hard evidence

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I particularly enjoyed the fact there was an actual rat on the screen in the last shot pf the film because "DID YOU GET IT? HE WAS A RAT YOU IDIOTS!!" and it brought down what was a pretty entertaining movie.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

88h88 posted:

I particularly enjoyed the fact there was an actual rat on the screen in the last shot pf the film because "DID YOU GET IT? HE WAS A RAT YOU IDIOTS!!" and it brought down what was a pretty entertaining movie.

I could imagine Marky letting the rat in the room or dropping it next to willy, that would've made sense as he dropped a message or some poo poo. but outside? on the guardrail? With nothing else to indicate a rat wouyld want to be there? gently caress this movie. I'm sure the Korean original version is better.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Odddzy posted:

It was a shock to people not paying attention to the whole mirror thing going on to pay more attention, I thought it was pretty good.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
scorsese is defo a hack but i enjoy the departed think it's a pretty entertaining film. who cares about what autistic people here are bitching about.

it was just on the other day actually. the part where they all get in the car and the irish rock music starts blaring is just :cripes: embarassing though. although to be fair any scene set to irish rock music would be.

also. can we talk about DAT ENDING dawg? isn't it super cool when right at the end you think matt "drat, i'm impotent" damon is gonna get away then out of nowhere BAM marky mark and he shoots him right in the face then there's a shot of a rat walking along a rail. get it????? BECAUSE HE WAS A RAT. GET IT??? god scorsese is a genius *cue rolling stones song*

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

thathonkey posted:

scorsese is defo a hack

nope

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Scorsese is one of the best directors alive today you idiot. Raging Bull and Taxi Driver are both 10/10 movies. Mean Streets, After Hours, and Goodfellas are also top notch.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i could make a better movie, just get a bunch of actors and a scenery with some words and hold up your phone and yell GET GOIN NOW, HEEYUP ACTORS AWAY

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc-zAbL2Uw

OWNS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuv1E-71TA

OWNS

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I liked Goodfellas. Probably one of my favorite mob films, possibly my favorite Scorsese film. Not really rocking the boat with that opinion though.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

sack my cack yew facking faggit fireman

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I thought Marky Mark killed Jason Bourne? I'm so loving confused.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I believe Boston is the worst place on planet earth? Confirm /deny?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

he wasn't always (those films the person below you listed are great) but he is today sorry your idol sucks now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

controversial opinion: scorsese's best movies (besides mean streets and goodfellas) are not about new york or the mob

also lol at mentioning tarantino in the same sentence as scorsese

• Locked thread