Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Every once in a blue moon they meet that one chick that is abysmally retarded enough to believe their rich astronaut james bond story and they have the gently caress of their lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Everybody had that kid in class whos uncle worked at Nintendo and had all the super awesome games that only he had and noone was allowed to see.
I remember evertime we fantasized about a game in which you could play ninja-turtles vs. Terminator or some poo poo, and always that one guy claimed he had that exact game at home. Of course, nobody could come over to play it.

These kids grow up at some point.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Baba Ganoush posted:

If I knew one I would be calling out lies 24/7. I don't see how this makes me a dick considering they're lying to me all the time.

They usually have uncounterable backup plans.
Like "you cant prove god does NOT exist"

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

jarvis cocker posted:

yeah i know someone who does this on a regular basis what the gently caress is up with that

Funny thing is, most people dont remember poo poo for more than a couple of weeks.
I can basically rotate the same set of stories, jokes, incidents and facts on a quarterly basis and people will genuinly experience them for the first time. Or literally everyone i know is a hollywood-grade actor, dont know.

Then once every while a topic comes up, i ready some facts, and then hear the exact same explanation i am about to give from someone else. Sometimes they remember stuff, but not from whom they got it. Same with jokes.

I blame smartphones for that, people are growing more and more inept at memory management.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

you're that guy in the group everyone just humors and who never figures it out lol. you're mistaking not being called on things for people not actually noticing. i'm not joking or playing with you at all any time after you're done hanging out with people they're all saying "jesus that dude just tells the same stories over and over is he my loving grandpa?"

i mean either that or you're just so boring literally no one bothers to remember anything you say

So people tell me jokes i told them 3 months ago, because...?
Im not talking about repeating stuff on a weekly basis, but 3-4 months is a good meassure.

People just have loving bad memories these days.
If they cant look something up in the internet, its lost within weeks.

• Locked thread