Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Are you getting your flu shot? I've already gotten mine so I'm immune :cool: :coolfish:

Cool NIN Shirt fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I am taking it out behind the barn and doing it a mercy

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

yeah why not im not getting any more autistic

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ya

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im not because they alwasy seem to run out and since i am a young man in good pysical condition it would be socially irresponsible of me to get one that would be better put to use immunizing a child or elder

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
No, because I don't want Autism.

EDIT:

gently caress. Beaten like a sperging 5 year old.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

I came to post the autism joke :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nah I'm in my 20s so whatever.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Why would I pass up the opportunity to take a sick day or two?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I literally just got an email saying my company will pay for my flu shot. I've never got one before but hey, free is free.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This would cause a statistically lower chance that I get the flu. As an aficionado of expelling liquids from bodily orifices the flu shot would be a bad idea for me.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Kitchner posted:

I literally just got an email saying my company will pay for my flu shot. I've never got one before but hey, free is free.

may as well get several

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
11th post snipah

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

thanfully since I'm living outside of america flu shots are not something I have to deal with. Flu stabbings are the real danger for me.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I got one this year. 3 weeks later one of my kidneys died. Don't get one.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
hell no fag

pussy boy

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Last time I got a flu shot I was sick for several months, so no way Jose!

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Kitchner posted:

Do it bro!!!!!!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Moridin920 posted:

Nah I'm in my 20s so whatever.

Naw. Get it every year. Because you are in your 20s it is better to get it.

The flu doesn't just go away. And one years flu shot is only partially effective. There are so many strains of the flu that you can still catch a prior years.

Get your flu shots people.

Especially if you understand how stupid it is for parents not to immunize their children. Flu shots are similar...but are done yearly.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I got a flu shot and now I have the flu. Boy, are my arms tired.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
gently caress that poo poo, if I catch it I want to spread it to as many helpless babbies/children as I can.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
One year I got my flu shot and still got the flu. The real flu, not some bullshit "stomach flu" or "24hr flu" that isn't the real flu. Let me tell you, the real flu is no joke the sickest I've ever been in my entire life. It was horrible and I now understand how people die from the flu.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Hang on. If my company is paying for my flu shot, is it possible it contains chemicals that make me more compliant with their requests?

I think there is more here than the government wants me to know.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

BigBoss posted:

One year I got my flu shot and still got the flu. The real flu, not some bullshit "stomach flu" or "24hr flu" that isn't the real flu. Let me tell you, the real flu is no joke the sickest I've ever been in my entire life. It was horrible and I now understand how people die from the flu.

I think it's because there's a shitload of different strains of flu and the shot inoculates you against the major ones but the sneaky, uncommon ones don't give a gently caress

Still a good idea to get the shot if you understand medicine and statistics or really just one of those subjects

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. Get it every year. Because you are in your 20s it is better to get it.

The flu doesn't just go away. And one years flu shot is only partially effective. There are so many strains of the flu that you can still catch a prior years.

Get your flu shots people.

Especially if you understand how stupid it is for parents not to immunize their children. Flu shots are similar...but are done yearly.

what are you a puss? I dont get sick and i regurlarly am helping vulnerable popuations

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
The free ones you can get at work are the ones that got rejected at the factory and can't be sold to the public but can be given away for free.

There's a few people in my office at the college I work at that won't get it because "you can still get sick from the flu" and "the shot makes you sick" and "nobody knows what's in it", among other reasons. I've also heard some of these same people talking and learned that the sky is blue because of the reflection from the ocean, that you can leave margarine out forever and it won't ever go bad because it's one molecule away from plastic, and that Obama is the real terrorist and when it comes time for him to leave office he'll make some rule and not leave.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I seriously don't know what shots I've gotten in my life. I helped my grandfather clean out his yard last summer. There was a bunch of rotten wood, glass and rusty metal all piled up all over the place. Before getting started he asked if I had gotten my tetanus shot in the last 10 years. Being that I had no loving clue, he gave me a pair of gloves and told me not tho cut myself.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've never gotten one. Taking a daily multivitamin and exercising seems to be more than effective personally.

Drinking and eating mexican food also probably contributes to my ability to avoid illness.

escalator incident
Oct 1, 2005

Sorry for the convenience.
Fun Shoe
I'm afraid getting one will affect my autism

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I got a flu shot when I was 5 years old or so While it didn't make me autistic, I became very ill and after the worst of it passed, I started refusing to eat certain foods like pizza, hard chocolate, chicken noodle soup, and Gatorade. It was really weird. After that my parents swore off having me or my brother get flu shots.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I got the shot and also learned to love trains

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
No, because of poo poo like this: http://www.nj.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2015/10/eeuw_nurse_in_trouble_for_using_just_one_syringe_a.html

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Nope. Never had the flu. Apparently my immune system nukes everything on sight.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
I got one this year, after last year where I caught influenza a and wanted to loving die for a week straight.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Clochette posted:

I got a flu shot when I was 5 years old or so While it didn't make me autistic, I became very ill and after the worst of it passed, I started refusing to eat certain foods like pizza

obviously you got better

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I do not have a choice

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
When the next big, once in a century flu hits America(and these do hit once every few hundred years) the ones that will die are healthy people who get flu shots.

Dumbasses

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Prorat posted:

When the next big, once in a century flu hits America(and these do hit once every few hundred years) the ones that will die are healthy people who get flu shots.

Dumbasses

Goons have lovely immune systems as a whole so paradoxically we may be better off because we will avoid the cytokine storms

However, with the h5n1 that got to humans, it's killing pretty indiscriminately although we haven't had enough cases to really tell yet I guess

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i just don't interact with human filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

chemosh6969 posted:

The free ones you can get at work are the ones that got rejected at the factory and can't be sold to the public but can be given away for free.

Haha what the gently caress is this? I can assure you the flu vaccine given everywhere is the same.

• Locked thread