Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Blazing Ownager posted:

They already seem to have forgotten, entirely. Juliette was turned into a Hexenbeast what, a month or two back? She loving died less than two days ago? Why, sure! Move the rapist that set the events that lead to her death in motion to share your house while having romantic moments! Perfect sense!
Also, in the timeline of the show, it was only a couple weeks back that Adalind showed up at the house simply to murder Juliet. The only reason she didn't was that Juliet was secretly a Hexenbiest who could fight back. But suddenly Adalind is so sorry about Juliet dying, and it looks like that's supposed to be sincere.

Honestly, time is just confusing on this show. Was Adalind just weeks away from delivering a baby when she had her Hexenbiest throw-down with Juliet?

I'm convinced now that the entire Hexenbiest Juliet storyline only happened so they could tell the audience "see, Hexenbiest power makes you evil, so Adalind was really the victim all along, and it's totally ok for Nick and her to hook up now if she's de-powered." Totally trying to forget that at least half the evil poo poo Adalind has done was while she was de-powered the first time.

Also, it's weird how DONE she is with her first baby now. From utter all-consuming obsession for two seasons, to just... nothing. Diana is gone again, and all it gets from Adalind this time is sort of an "Oh well, got a new baby now, so whatever."

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
According to Wikipedia, episode 8 of this season is titled "A Reptile Dysfunction".
Ok, Grimm writers, I want you all to go sit in a corner and think about what you've done. You're in time-out.

Oasx posted:

So Adalind had a boy and decided to name him Kelly after Nick's mother? The US is so weird when it comes to names.
Especially when that means she named her child after her own mother's killer.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 9, 2015

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

newts posted:

The thing I remember most was in the zombie episode or something. We see zombie Nick... we watch Renard watch the tape of Nick beating the poo poo out of a bunch of dudes in the bar. Which we just saw. Great use of 10 minutes, show.
Hey, but that all paid off because the whole Zombie-Mode thing became a very important situation that the characters had to handle, resolve, and deal with the implications of. It's not like they just spent a couple episodes building it up to be a massive game-changing problem, only to then suddenly stop mentioning it, without even a little bit of of resolution or further ramifications of any kind. Right?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The preacher woman's name was Joan Vark.
... Joan Vark
.... Joan v ark
..... Joan of Arc

Really, Grimm? Really?

I don't know why I expected better, but somehow this one still caught me off guard.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Astrofig posted:

Yeah in Season.....what was it, three? Nick at least raised an eyebrow at 'Leo Taymor'.
I imagine that, among wessen, names that reflect their other side are pretty popular for parents to give their children. It's a link to their heritage, like naming your kid after a grandparent. So "Leo" is a pretty good name for a Löwen, I'm 100% ok with that... adding in Taymor as a last name is the step too far.

Then again, there's plenty of humans in real life who do that poo poo anyway. (Kanye's kid "North West" for example) so perhaps Joan Vark's parents were just religious lunatics. Or she renamed herself at some point, which would be in character for a crazy lady who thinks God is talking to her. Either situation should have been worthy of a snarky "really?" from Wu or Hank, at the very least.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 19, 2016

• Locked thread