Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Ocean Book posted:

i think its good of her to take responsibility for her behavior

she should do that in jail

why aren't any charges being pressed???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

^ Yeah it's $$$. Rapists being arrested and having their names in the newspapers is bad for the college's image. Parents might look elsewhere while gearing up to send their daughters off to college.

My argument is actually a left-wing one, too. It says the broad consensus "SJW/left-wing" position on campus rape is actually protecting rapists and institutions from accountability. I've made that argument to people supportive of private/secret rape tribunals and they didn't know how to respond. They had never been challenged in that way before.

Point being that if you're going to attack a left-wing argument, you should attack it further from the left. Or if it's a right-wing argument, attack it from the far right. It's like outflanking your opponent.

What? In my experience it's the progressives that have been fighting this policy on college campuses, because it mires rape investigations down in university politics and brings no resolution or real punishment, serving the university at the expense of the students.

• Locked thread