Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/murder-victim-body-mistaken-halloween-decoration-article-1.2399057

:)

I guess Halloween decorations are usually found on the barbed wire fence bordering the Chillicothe power plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol there was some dude who was speeding on the 5 this morning and he wasnt wearing a seatbelt and he got into an accidnet and got thrown so hard from his car that he landed on a freeway sign and they had to get a ladder to get his body down

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

the fence was spooken for

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

lol there was some dude who was speeding on the 5 this morning and he wasnt wearing a seatbelt and he got into an accidnet and got thrown so hard from his car that he landed on a freeway sign and they had to get a ladder to get his body down

i heard about this guy too he messed up my commute with his showing off

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

wasn't there a similar story about a guy who hung himself and people thought he was a decoration for, like, 2 weeks

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

Ratjaculation posted:

the fence was spooken for

noice

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

JiveHonky posted:

i heard about this guy too he messed up my commute with his showing off

I think it is kinda funny, but I would find it much much less amusing if I was caught in the resulting traffic :rip:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

symbolic posted:

wasn't there a similar story about a guy who hung himself and people thought he was a decoration for, like, 2 weeks

lol "loving PEOPLE, THEY NEVER CARED! WELL THEY'LL NOTICE ME NOW!

*2 weeks goes by*

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

dude really went the extra mile with his decorations this year

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nooner posted:

Lol

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
he wanted a relationship, but she was on the fence.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Nooner posted:

thats a pretty fuckin metal way to go out

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

symbolic posted:

yeah I think this has happened more than once actually,
the one youre thinking off was also an accident I think lmao

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

poopzilla posted:

thats a pretty fuckin metal way to go out

only if he was screaming "WITNESS ME" while flying through the air

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Smelly Bohemian posted:

he wanted a relationship, but she was on the fence.

:gary::gizz:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Brutal.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Nooner posted:

Life imitates GTA V. I had no idea reality also uses ragdoll physics.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Wow, how the hell?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

sincx posted:

Wow, how the hell?!

This is why I keep telling my friend to WEAR HER loving SEATBELT. :mad:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Fintilgin posted:

This is why I keep telling my friend to WEAR HER loving SEATBELT. :mad:

The car's passenger compartment is more or less intact. The guy probably would have walked away if he was wearing his belt.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

sincx posted:

Wow, how the hell?!

everybody in that lane got a free chalupa

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

sincx posted:

The car's passenger compartment is more or less intact. The guy probably would have walked away if he was wearing his belt.

Maybe but whiplash is a hell of a thing

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

This is a perfect example of a classic fencing response

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

sincx posted:

Wow, how the hell?!

its a g g g g g ghost

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

sincx posted:

Wow, how the hell?!

norman forgot his glasses, but had a great idea to read the sign

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this happens like every year and it's hilarious

how zoned out must a person be to see a dead person and write it off as a spoooooky plastic decoration from the local Big K Mart

that sign guy is impressive as gently caress tho

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I'm not a lawyer but I had a look at that news article and saw a photo of the suspected killer and he 100% did it.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

symbolic posted:

It was actually a woman, and it was only a day or so. I lived the next town over and probably drove by her. Snopes

At least hers is a bit understandable, since she was in the front yard. How the hell do you think a body hanging from a power plant fence in some fields or whatever is a halloween decoration?

And how did that guy even get thrown out of the car like that? It looks like the windshield is intact.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

sincx posted:

Wow, how the hell?!

holy fuckin lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

sincx posted:

Wow, how the hell?!

windshield is still intact, false flag

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Blue Train posted:

windshield is still intact, false flag

I just noticed that. The hole is in the back window, so he somehow got tossed all the way to the back of the car over both the front and back seats and maintained enough kinetic energy to fly 20 ft into the air. I'm struggling to envision how this actually happened.

Edit: let's calculate. Initial vertical component of velocity required to get to a height of 20 ft (6.1 m) is:

y=sqrt(2*9.8*6.1)=10.9m/s=24.4mph

So after all the flying over seats and smashing the window, the guy was still thrown from the car at a minimum vertical speed 24 miles per hour (overall speed probably considerably more than that since the trajectory was not purely vertical and he had to have flown higher than 20 ft to land like that on the 20 ft tall sign).

sincx fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 31, 2015

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

sincx posted:

I just noticed that. The hole is in the back window, so he somehow got tossed all the way to the back of the car over both the front and back seats and maintained enough kinetic energy to fly 20 ft into the air. I'm struggling to envision how this actually happened.

Edit: let's calculate. Initial vertical component of velocity required to get to a height of 20 ft (6.1 m) is:

So after all the flying over seats and smashing the window, the guy was still thrown from the car at a minimum vertical speed 24 miles per hour (overall speed probably considerably more than that since the trajectory was not purely vertical and he had to have flown higher than 20 ft to land like that on the 20 ft tall sign).

pretty fun way to die really when you think about it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

pretty fun way to die really when you think about it.

yea like a roller coaster

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

sincx posted:

From what I heard, it was only half of him up there, which I guess is why there's another sheet in the car. So it was a little less mass to fling.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Wait, half? :stare:

How did he get bisected in the car?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There is also a serial killer loose in that same town, no joking

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

assuming he car flipped and fling him out the back window if the rear was coming up and forward it could have cut him in half and thrown only one half up, maybe

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat that's really cool

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Helical Nightmares posted:

Maybe he was wearing his seatbelt under his shoulder. People get bisected doing that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

drat that's really cool

Yeah holy gently caress that must have been messy

• Locked thread