Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

Started playing Dragon Age 2 today. Why did it get such a bad rep? The lack of racial diversity/origins is kind of uncool, but man the combat is way more fun and rewarding.

the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/10/29/nintendo-unveils-first-smartphone-game-live-blog/

Nintendo also said it was creating a new membership service, called “Nintendo Account,” to connect users of its hardware as well as PCs and mobile devices. It said it would use a cloud-based service to transfer data between mobile games and console games.

:yaycloud:

hello and welcome to last gen nintendo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

So Fallout 4 sure looks like a Bethesda RPG

https://vid.me/Vw0n

lol i am disappointed

i wanted to believe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Oh wait hold on i had something for this...

ah here we go

(Taken in a Canadian Wal-Mart, 20th of January 2014, when Other M was four and a half years old)

m bison and cammie look weird

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol what the gently caress is this? some fan film?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

So far I have to say that DA:2 is the best DA game. DA:I feels like a weaker Kingdom of Amalur. Tied with Origins in terms of boring, terrible combat, with the added bonus of some of the worst enemy/encounter design I've seen in a game. It has some terrible initial load times and startling pop-up and pop-out (I walked up to an encampment and as I got there the people and palisades disappeared)

The scenery and banter are good though.
I might restart with a rogue to make it more fun, warrior is garbage now that one of the 4 ability trees is essentially mandatory to survive. The lack of gradual healing is also a baffling decision for an open world game.

While DA2 had terrible forced decisions and writing in the third act, the combat was enjoyable and Isabela and Merrill were 1000x more interesting/enjoyable than bald elf/lovely accent knight/mentally retarded elf/human in a qunari suit. Even though Varric is still good, he was more charming in 2.

That said, still an enjoyable game, I like the war room stuff and playing dress up.

source your quotes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

the preorder bonuses are so bad. like 75% of them are just unlocks you will get in the first half hour of gameplay. the rest are just skins.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

counter taint reaped?

taint sowed?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Falsum posted:

They datamined SC2 LotV's cinematics and it's even better than anyone could have expected.

ending as i expected

thank you for saving the universe angel kerrigan

now go on that hot date with kimmy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

The reviews for Devil's Third were abysmal. How actually bad was it?

haha good job you Itagaki. Ninja Gaiden 1 was probably a fluke. Everything since then from either him or team ninja has been mediocre to poo poo.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Fallout 4 also has some minor Diablo-like elements with legendary weapons and armor dropping with special affixes on them, which is a pleasant surprise for me.

Fallout 4 is the def the best Fallout game unless you are one of those fabled "story gamers"

nah its mediocre

Sleeveless posted:

loving casuals ruined Fallout, they can't appreciate the strategic depth of turned-based combat

-right-clicks, targets eyes for 20 hours straight-

-huffs own farts-

if you completely ignore the quests or any interactions with factions the previous games had, then sure. fallout 4 is dumbed down as gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jon Do posted:

bethesda should just make engines and maps and then have obsidian come over and add actual atmosphere and writing

blizzard too while we're at it

e: i am only to right after you get your power armor in fo4 and its p cool but not mindblowing, hope it stays that way or mods save it after 6mo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jon Do posted:

All right, you've got me there.

Okay, yeah, we should just wish Obsidian had the money to do basically everything. I'm on board with that. I even liked all the wordy writing in Pillars. Mostly.

cd projeckt red :getin:

Mr E posted:

Is LR ever coming to PC?

december

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

okay so it took a total of approx. 6 hours to find a gamebreaking, quest-won't-start/scripting-hosed bug in fallout 4. the fallout 4 thread seems resigned to the game being a literally unplayable piece of poo poo and can't/won't help, so i'll ask here. it's at the part where you have to get into a walled quest hub (i'm assuming) town and you take the SAFE test. when i sit down in the chair like the guy says nothing happens, he just keeps telling me to sit down over and over. if i have to dive into the world of furry tit mods to fix this game i'm out

are you sitting in the right chair? you need to be sitting across from him at his desk, not on the chair he starts on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mistle posted:

They're both good, no need to choose.

FF14 is good too, it's going strong even while WoW is in decline. YoshiP is doing a good thing with that game. In fact, a lot of the newest things in 11 were skimmed from 14, which is ironic IMO.

wow still has a ton more players than 14, even if it is declining. also last I heard that 14 was pretty much stagnant in player growth.

(mmos are bad)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Grimace posted:

As an XIV player, it doesn't look like the playerbase is declining at all. Hell, in the past 6 months, I've only seen how amazed analysts are at how much it continues to grow.

If there are any goons interested in playing XIV, we'd love to help you out. There's a thread in the MMOHMO and there are plenty of people who would give you a Friend Code so you'd receive special bonuses as you play. Even if you just want to dick around for a little while to see how the game plays, I believe that there is now a 2-week free trial, so get your game on.

i meant the wow playerbase is declining but way bigger than 14. 14 is stagnant

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pandaK posted:

*playerbase continues to grow as tons of wow players jump ship and xiv continues to prove it's now a good game*

"wow, this overall rise in player activity sure does point to a stagnant playerbase"

i was just basing the stagnation comment on some charts and poo poo and someone posted in the one of the old wildstar threads.

but thank you ff14 defense force for proving me wrong

i have seen the error of my ways and will sub to the greatest mmo, ff14, right away

pandaK posted:

also yes wow still undoubtedly has a larger playerbase compared to xiv, but the fact that blizzard has recently chosen to hide their player count numbers and the growing dissatisfaction expressed about the game across many gaming forum sites bodes much worse about its current rate of growth

yea their next quarter numbers must've been BAD if they decided to hide it from everyone forever. probably another 1mil+ sub drop.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 18, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I really hope that Lord of Shadows and the new Castlevania universe that came with it dies so we can get back to the more classic setting.

This weepy sadtimes Dracula is for the birds and the ending to Lord of Shadows 2 is the dumbest thing in the world.

castlevania is totally dead. thanks pachinko but also lords of shadow 2 being terrible

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haha unsung story

never kickstart anything

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

They were still sending out KS updates as of last month, I dunno if anything has happened since then.
Lots of people got mad that they were delaying to work on the multiplayer part.

I mean I'm not sure what happened at all. All I know is based on that video, they basically scrapped their whole single player thing to focus on PvP multiplayer and are telling people who ask for refunds to gently caress off.

Which is hilariously scummy but also hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

the new valkyria chronicles game will be very fun and good

• Locked thread