Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

[

[

[
[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Birb Katter posted:

How about this, you can only talk about raising the GST if you also talk about what you'll pay for when you raise the GST.

Income tax breaks

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

I wonder if they are heartless enough to raise the GST but not raise New start?

We're not going to raise taxes just to give the leaners another handout! We've got to take the sugar off the table! *pensioners nod along wisely*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Undercover at the beggars guild. In a twist, the queen of the beggars will turn out to be gina rhineheart.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I wish turnbull would die from boneitis.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

$1920 per person per day

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

We're constantly told by racists and morons that muslims are unavoidably dangerous because of their religion yet here we have a self-identified christian knowingly arguing against the tenets of their own belief.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Australian Border Force staff involved in a dispute over pay and conditions have been stood down without pay in an attempt to head off industrial action.

On Wednesday ABF staff who are members of the Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) were stood down without pay, despite the approval of the industrial action by the Fair Work commission.
Lol.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

David Leyonhjelm's 'all cops are bastards' comments 'appalling' – police

“If senator David Leyonhjelm is representative of the thinking of a majority of senators then maybe it’s time to rethink if the people of Australia need a Senate at all,” he said.

:eyepop:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This would be from the new, more gentle, morrison.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zahki posted:

How about discouraging them from making the journey in the first place? If hundreds of lives are being lost in the attempt to get here isn't there a moral imperative to try and stop as many people from making the journey by boat as possible? Isn't there an obligation to try and remove the incentive for people to risk their lives? I mean Paul Colliers words, not mine "If you improve your chances by putting your toe on that Lampedusa beach, that is what is luring people to their deaths. So it sounds like human rights but it's actually a giant inhuman wrong".

The incentive for risking their lives is war and persecution. As long as the source of the problems continue no amount of cruelty at this end will make any real difference.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zahki posted:

So the solution is to shrug your shoulders say "Well they're going to try and come anyway" and implement policy that would ensure that even more people attempt to make the journey and die. Good stuff AusPol, you really proved you're the ones thinking of peoples well-being. Now we can go back to complaining about how Gillard is scum for doing the best she could in her position to try and actually prevent deaths instead of encouraging them like the AusPol brains trust would.

Look at this callous disregard for human life

Not like AusPol with real practical solutions like "they're going to come anyway so it's pointless to try and discourage them killing themselves"

Idiot.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

There are reports guards have left the Christmas Island detention centre after rioting broke out following the death of an escaped detainee.

New Zealand detainee Ricky Downs has told Auckland's TVNZ there has been rioting and the centre is in chaos.

"The canteen's been smashed to pieces, there's no security, there's no emergency response team, there's no border patrol, there's no guards, there's nothing," he said.

New Zealand Labour MP Kelvin Davis said the island prison was in chaos, TVNZ reported.

Mr Davis said he had been told the riot began when an inmate was punched in the face by a guard after asking questions about the death of the man.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-09/guards-abandon-christmas-island-detention-centre/6922866

You know what they say. To a nazi with a concentration camp every problem looks like a

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Despite protests from Khaled, the Federal Government sent him back to the southern Iraqi city of Basra, where he said his father was murdered in front of him for also working as an interpreter.

The Government also charged Khaled $20,000 to cover the costs of his repatriation.

Ms Healy said Khaled developed an ice addiction inside Villawood detention centre as a result of his condition.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

I was watching 7 News

:mrgw::mrwhite:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zahki posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-06/morrison-correct-illegal-entry-people/4935372

quote:

Mr Morrison is correct.

Based on the definition set out in the people smuggling protocol, people who have come to Australia without a valid visa have illegally entered the country.

Your link supports Bifauxnens argument.

quote:

Mr Morrison is correct.

Based on the definition set out in the people smuggling protocol, people who have come to Australia without a valid visa have illegally entered the country.

That is the case even though these people have not committed any crime, nor broken any Australian or international law.

Exactly what people have been saying. As others in your link also point out.

quote:

However, experts warn that the use of the terms "illegal" and "unlawful" in this context is potentially misleading, as they are words usually applied to criminal acts.

Professor Schloenhardt told ABC Fact Check that it is acceptable to refer to people coming to Australia without visas (including those who are not asylum seekers) as "illegal immigrants".

However, on a practical level, he says that "illegal implies that a criminal offence has been committed, which asylum seekers have not, and for that reason it is preferable to use different vocabulary".

Calling them illegal is bullshit.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 10, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Redcordial posted:

This person you and I refer to, and even yourself, are so closed off and against actual insight that your comment just now is an affirmation of your closed minded scared little soul. I know what and how you post, you may just as well be GraciShitBag Or Negligible you drat fool.

Nicely said. :golfclap:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It was sad when Thelma left.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Eric Abetz is still super salty about the coup apparently.

He throws the best tantrums.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

New Zealand soldier who was PM's bodyguard faces deportation from Australia

quote:

decorated former soldier who faces deportation from Australia as a security risk – despite a military record including acting as bodyguard for the New Zealand prime minister in Afghanistan – has asked from prison: “Doesn’t John Key remember me?”

The case of Ngati Kanohi Te Eke Haapu, also known as Ko Rutene, is at the centre of an emerging trans-Tasman political dispute over Australia’s hardline approach to deporting New Zealand-born residents on “character grounds”.

Rutene, who has no criminal record, is one of up to 300 mostly New Zealand-born men who risk being deported from Australia solely on the basis of membership of the Rebels motorcycle club, according to his barrister Michael Pena-Rees.

Pena-Rees said the immigration minister, Peter Dutton, was unaware of both Rutene’s distinguished military background and his de facto relationship with an Australian woman when revoking his visa.
Lol we're not even waiting for people to commit a crime now?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BCR posted:

3) This is before they decide to add heavy metals to make weight. Link

China is bladerunner. :stonk:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Does anybody actually watch kitchen cabient? Speak up now.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

From the image thread:

We've seen the same reaction from morons like zhaki in this thread. If they're aware of it, they're too scared to care.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

fuuuuuuuck you Chris Uhlmann

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

This is not a well written article, but I thought this was an interesting point:

quote:

The purpose of the attacks in Paris wasn’t solely to inflict fear in the hearts of the French but also to antagonize them by fueling their hate towards Islam and Muslims, thereby furthering their vision of the elimination of the grayzone.

http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/11/14/the-importance-of-an-anti-muslim-europe-for-isis/

That is the purpose behind every attack and always has been, going back to at least 9/11.

E:i laughed so hard when, a couple of months ago, somebody in this thread said that bin laden didn't achieve his objective with 9/11

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 15, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

E:You don't actually know any of that yet though, do you, Tirade? Have they determined who the attackers were yet or where they were from?

There were also reports it had the wrong amount of numbers in the serial amd the photo didn't match. The people who were going to use this as an excuse to attack refugees will do so regardless.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 16, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Eww Dutton speaking at the rally for Paris in Brisbane, have bitten my tongue so far.

Yeah, starshark just quoted it above you.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

norp posted:

In other news

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-16/work-for-the-dole-trial-led-to-just-two-pc-increase/6945568

quote:

Employment Minister Michaelia Cash's media release about the trial does not mention how many people actually got jobs after the one-year program, instead focusing on how it made participants feel.

"The programme was effective in helping participants gain confidence and self-esteem and learn skills such as team work, communication and appropriate workplace behaviour," Senator Cash's release says.

Government runs study on work for the dole, turns out :itwaspoo:
Holy lmao. Watch them use "feelings" as reason enough to continue the program.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

QUACKTASTIC posted:

It's actually a direct quote from ASIO Director General Duncan Lewis; heard him say it during an interview.
Anything coming from Devine is naturally suspect, but it was weird hearing it from an official.

Have you ever seen the people in charge of our intelligence agencies? They're litterally crazy haired, basement dwelling, old men. Not to give away too much re our national security, but a lot all of of it is sourced from email fwds.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Systematic posted:

My co worker: "They will come here, rape the women, and steal your car. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? MORE OF THEM?!"

Ladies and Gentlemen: Bogans.

You work with negligent?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BBJoey posted:

sounds more like IWC than negligent to me imo. please get your auspol troll personalities right.

idk what you wanna call having a meltdown about asylum seekers murdering australian wives when asked how they feel about nauru but ¯\_(ツ)_/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My opinions on hovercraft are *checks bolt report*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Wow how weird that zhaki made that post at that time. Far out.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

a potato dutton

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I speed all the time. Real fast too. Never get caught.
Posted from my phone while driving

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ranter posted:

Look at all these people that put other drivers and passengers lives in danger by speeding and using their phones when driving. Absolutely disgusting.

Laws I agree with: Do it or kill you are self. Laws I don't like: Dude, it's like, the man's fault and um, revenue raising and um, I won't actually do anything about them except phone-posting from my car because YOLO!

Lol you tell em

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The poll, taken at the weekend for the Australian, shows that two thirds of Australians believe the Muslim community is not doing enough to condemn terrorist acts.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Corey bernadi sees a crashed car on the side of the road with an injured person beside it, he slows down just enough to lean out the window and yell, "Nice try, muslim!" before speeding off.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cory bernady demands people whose houses have been destroyed in bushfires to "prove they wont do it again"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

"The strategy is quite transparently to get the most sympathetic types of people - pregnant women, children - to Australia" -said as though it was a bad thing,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

This is the worst post on this page.

quote:

Senator Hanson-Young, if in years gone by, you had held aloft a photograph of every boat that penetrated Australian borders there would not have been enough question times in the six years of the Labor government for all the individual boats that penetrated Australia’s borders,” replied the attorney general, George Brandis.

How many boatloads of people were disappeared by the labor government?

• Locked thread