Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Birb Katter posted:

So if you want to get rid of regressive taxes why are we talking about raising the GST then?

I think he means substituting one set of regressive tax for another. Increase regressive GST, decrease/abolish some other regressive tax. I guess so the argument can be made that the net tax burden is no more regressive than it was before. Which I can't believe they can really accomplish, because I can't think of a tax more regressive than the GST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Solemn Sloth posted:

also weren't a number of labor ministers in the previous government cia informants?

Mark Arbib.

• Locked thread