Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I agree we need to shift the tax burden further on to those with the lowest income.

This is good policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Nah mate, Greens are just tree huggers with no policies

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Negligent posted:

there is no reasonable explanation for not liking nuclear power

everyone loves nuclear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-OycAb_Lg

It's why I'm a Greens member, there's nothing to remember - just oppose everything

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Buuuuuuurrrrrn

starkebn
May 18, 2004

It's getting hard to tell who is serious in here.

The argument is nuclear takes forever to build and costs a poo poo-tonne of money < we've missed the boat. Nuclear plants take a loving long time to get working, especially if you don't already have an industry in your country.

Renewables are here in multiple forms already, already increasing their output to on and off grid systems. By the time you build a nucular plant renewables are even better, and even more capacity has been built.

Considering the risks of nuclear plants, and the problems of disposal, why even bother?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Negligent posted:

Wind works when there is wind

Solar works when the sun is up

Hydro works when there is water

Nuclear always works.

Until it melts down. And don't come back with "Thorium!" There are no working Thorium reactors to prove the models.

Also, using a mixture of renewable solutions helps negate the downsides.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Nibbles! posted:

*once multiple decades of construction are completed, for a set period of time, before the expensive decommission commences.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

There'll still be grids. There will be wind farms, wave farms, solar thermal plants etc

starkebn
May 18, 2004

open24hours posted:

Looks like the consensus we reached last time about you being a racist and a psychopath is holding true.

But sir/madam, if by random chance these people were born on another piece of land on this earth other than here then they can gently caress right off, we're full.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I'm with Negligent on this one. Give me as many potatoes at I can shovel down my gob without regulation.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

They already knew psychopaths tend to gravitate to positions of power, like heads of business \ industry and politics.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

apply cool water for 5 minutes

*admittedly he's not the first to use that come-back, but it is a good one.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Regardless, if France is stepping up bombing attacks in Syria then the attackers have achieved their objective 100%. Increase fear, increase chaos, increase distrust of refugees, increase amount of refugees.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The most important skill is knowing how to structure a Google search so you can learn how to do something

starkebn
May 18, 2004

This is when it would be great to have a counselor with some psychology training, or who was a social worker, in every school.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

quote:

She jumped the line!

*looks for orderly line in Iran to accept asylum in and transport to Australia*

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Cue dozens of dirty coal power plants being approved as fast as possible between now and the 2017 deadline

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I imagine this is quite common for crimes of this nature because the perpetrator isn't deemed a danger to anyone else.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Obviously women are victims of domestic violence at a higher rate than men, but I wish the dialogue was about all domestic violence. Women, men, kids - it's all abuse and assault and it should all have the same focus.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Do members get extra pay for chairing this sort of thing?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

But the boats have stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

If only we had leaders in this country who saw things in such a black and white manner as Negligent. What a great country we would live in.

• Locked thread