Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crotch Bat posted:

The cry will go out for G5 representation once they expand to 8. Eventually one team will put together an undefeated season and beat a pretty good P5 team along the way. They'll get the nod. They'll get beat by 45 and everyone will shutup about G5's in the playoffs for at least a decade.

AAC should have a guaranteed spot if they go to 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's going to be hilarious if Oklahoma wins the Big 12 but is passed over for the playoffs due to a loss to Texas.

I'd would absolutely put in an undefeated Memphis over 1-loss Oklahoma this season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

If LSU loses to Bama and doesn't play in the SEC championship game, they will be left out. I don't think that they will get in over the champion of another conference unless its a multi-loss team.

Baylor and TCU fans were the only ones real mad about it and that's not exactly a whole lot of people.

Personally I'm glad the playoff committee recognized them for the paper tigers they are. Especially TCU. Baylor was clearly the best in the Big 12 but losing their QB might hurt when they play a good team. TCU would have lost to Texas Tech if not for the 2nd luckiest catch of the season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

The only problem with the Big XII is that is it is the most top heavy conference this year. The worst of that conference is really, really bad right now.

Its going to be hilarious when Texas ends up being the albatross keeping a Big XII team out of the playoffs.

The Big 12 = to the American this year but many people won't admit it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

From the stories I've heard from my parents and people their age, LSU fans used to be a lot worse than they are now. Off the top of my head, two things stick out from the stories I've heard. Bottles being thrown wasn't unexpected and gas stations in little towns along the way(and back) to Baton Rouge wouldn't sell gas to people with out of state plates for the team they were playing that week. (Keep in mind this kind of behavior happened a long time ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Emron posted:

I understand and accept this.

Also, Bama dudes--who wants to bet this was the Betas? They were always putting up awful poo poo when I was on campus.

gently caress those guys, I'd wish something bad upon them but they already live in Alabama.

Spintzel posted:

Remember when LSU frats hung posters about shooting Kent state. Greek life is pretty terrible

Some Greek life is terrible but not all.

• Locked thread