Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

King Lou posted:

^^^^
Still tripping?

All my old songs.

- I sang this one at work.

- I sang this one when I was home with the flu

- Sang this one to give my cousin the idea he needed to tell me what he wanted.

The link to the top 10 songs from the 2012 album./

Direct MP3 link

Now... what to do for this year?

I swear to Christ that after all these years Give Me Some Nog still randomly pops up in my head from time to time.

drat you, you terrible amazing man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

King Lou posted:

- Sang this one to give my cousin the idea he needed to tell me what he wanted.

I don't know how I'd react if my cousin sent me an email with a song he wrote attached without the context of this thread.
I'm looking forward to the next one!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Haschel Cedricson posted:

This may be the second-stupidest thing I've ever made for one of these albums.

And looking through my music library, there a few of us who have submitted enough tracks over the years to make a few single-artist albums.

Fun music Fact: Bobby "Boris" Pickett actually tried to follow Monster Mash with a holiday version. It was terrible and deserved to fade.

BUT HERE IT IS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSM5B5Z6Q0o

e: Your song is brilliant, because it's only slightly less effort than what the original artist attempted!

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 8, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jukeboxblues posted:

Can we do "Dramatic Readings"? They aren't singing but they can still be just as festive imo.

I fully endorse this idea.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I Greyhound posted:

Fun music Fact: Bobby "Boris" Pickett actually tried to follow Monster Mash with a holiday version. It was terrible and deserved to fade.

BUT HERE IT IS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSM5B5Z6Q0o

e: Your song is brilliant, because it's only slightly less effort than what the original artist attempted!

I remember hearing that song as a child, but the only thing I could remember was the chorus. It is indeed even worse than I imagined.

I also think it's weird that he took the nickname "Boris" when he takes the role of the mad scientist instead of the monster portrayed by Boris Karloff. If that sounds like I'm overthinking the Monster Mash, I counter that perhaps I am not overthinking hard enough.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I am not really a singy type of person but I love these threads and I love you guys every year and I am looking forward to more horrible poo poo by everybody. :3:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
It's my favourite thread of the year! My fiancee and I have been listening to these albums for the past several Christmaseses and have forced them upon many others. This year is the year I wanna contribute so hopefully I do!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I hate holidays

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

gnarlyhotep posted:

I hate holidays

You are not alone. David Bowie (real David Bowie) shares this sentiment with you.

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

this year i pledge to come up with something better than "the warcraft 2 ogre fart noises, but in a christmas song"

if that sounds like your jam, though, here is that song, my entry from a few years ago (also, grow up you imbecile)

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 9, 2015

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
A Charlie Brown Teacher's Christmas

UNDER THE TREE

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 12, 2015

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Excited to play these for my friends and peers this holiday season. You are all doing the Lord's work

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

Paladinus posted:

You are not alone. David Bowie (real David Bowie) shares this sentiment with you.

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

haha, this is absolutely cracking

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Oh boy, here we go!

I'll try to sling something together again

E:
So, uh,

Well. I wrote something, but it's kind of hosed up. It's a romantic duet that needs a male and a female voice. And which happens to make me a little bit uncomfortable, and I wrote the drat thing. If you that think singing a super strange something for the album might be for you, send me a no-obligation PM for a look at the lyrics before you commit

simplefish fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 10, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

A Charlie Brown Teacher's Christmas

This is wonderful... but it is officially under the tree?

EDIT: Ok, so this has already gotten off to a wonderful start. I mean, Just in the past 9-10 days, there have been 7 tracks made for this album already (8 if you count the sped-up Chipmunks version). This is great, guys. Jenny and I are going to be working on ours soonish.

I was thinking about how we could use our musical powers for good (while also using them for evil, meaning the songs themselves). Every year, there are countless goons who chime in about how this album makes their year. 'It isn't christmas without more awful music'. Well, that's fantastic, it really is. But maybe we can do better.

I was thinking about the possibility of setting up some sort of donation to charity tied to the album. I'm not saying the album would cost anything, it would still be completely free to download and/or stream, but perhaps there could be a donation set up to help out people in need at christmas. Maybe those who aren't up for creating a track would be ok with donating instead, and then we could raise some truly GOOD will along with the ire and glares from everyone who hates all of this music.

I've never set up a charity donation before, so any and all advice is welcome. Is this a good idea at all? Is it viable? Do you think we could actually raise a significant amount of money? I'd love to try.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 10, 2015

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is wonderful... but it is officially under the tree?

EDIT: Ok, so this has already gotten off to a wonderful start. I mean, Just in the past 9-10 days, there have been 7 tracks made for this album already (8 if you count the sped-up Chipmunks version). This is great, guys. Jenny and I are going to be working on ours soonish.

I was thinking about how we could use our musical powers for good (while also using them for evil, meaning the songs themselves). Every year, there are countless goons who chime in about how this album makes their year. 'It isn't christmas without more awful music'. Well, that's fantastic, it really is. But maybe we can do better.

I was thinking about the possibility of setting up some sort of donation to charity tied to the album. I'm not saying the album would cost anything, it would still be completely free to download and/or stream, but perhaps there could be a donation set up to help out people in need at christmas. Maybe those who aren't up for creating a track would be ok with donating instead, and then we could raise some truly GOOD will along with the ire and glares from everyone who hates all of this music.

I've never set up a charity donation before, so any and all advice is welcome. Is this a good idea at all? Is it viable? Do you think we could actually raise a significant amount of money? I'd love to try.

I think our awful music is a gift in itself! But seriously, I think that's a great idea. Goons usually have a good idea as to what charities are reputable and which ones aren't. Anyone know who we could donate to and how?

Also, good work goons! These songs are more terrible than ever! I especially liked the Alvin & the Chipmunks songs :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jennyinstereo posted:

I think our awful music is a gift in itself! But seriously, I think that's a great idea. Goons usually have a good idea as to what charities are reputable and which ones aren't. Anyone know who we could donate to and how?

Also, good work goons! These songs are more terrible than ever! I especially liked the Alvin & the Chipmunks songs :allears:

http://www.givewell.org/charities/top-charities

I suggest one of these, as they are demonstrably good with money, but I won't say no to a comedy/Christmas-themed charity option.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

simplefish posted:

Oh boy, here we go!

I'll try to sling something together again

E:
So, uh,

Well. I wrote something, but it's kind of hosed up. It's a romantic duet that needs a male and a female voice. And which happens to make me a little bit uncomfortable, and I wrote the drat thing. If you that think singing a super strange something for the album might be for you, send me a no-obligation PM for a look at the lyrics before you commit

Wait, even worse than coming down your chimney?

I don't know what inspired that romantic song.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Having submitted to simplefish's song, I can tell you it's not as crass as Santa Gay-by, but I will tell my mother not to listen to the song just the same.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I should have added to that message that you are the second of two male singing offers. I don't want the other kind volunteer thinking I shafted them unceremoniously; although, I haven't heard back yet (timezone difference, I think). They might refuse. Or there are two male parts so if you want to split it between you that's fine too. If you both want to be the only vocalist I don't know, I didn't exactly plan for that situation.

Still looking for a ladysinger.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

An old classic and one of my favorites from years past.

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

King Lou posted:

All my old songs.

- I sang this one when I was home with the flu

Now... what to do for this year?

My mom loves this one and peed in my old car because of it. Thanks.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Anyone want to take a crack at singing this little ditty i wrote? I was hoping it would be sung halfway convincingly, maybe with some music in the background. I would try myself but i don't think i can make it through some of the more tongue-twister inducing parts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i taught myself how to use a midi thing

:metal: MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :metal:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

My song is under the tree

Guys, I'm really ashamed of myself. I don't know what I was thinking, and I don't know what's wrong with me. Where do these sentiments come from?

But you know what, if possible, you should give someone your heart for Christmas. And that's what this song is about. Giving your heart for Christmas. Because isn't that what Christmas is all about?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Cemetry Gator posted:

Guys, I'm really ashamed of myself. I don't know what I was thinking, and I don't know what's wrong with me. Where do these sentiments come from?

But you know what, if possible, you should give someone your heart for Christmas. And that's what this song is about. Giving your heart for Christmas. Because isn't that what Christmas is all about?

I like it but could you post the lyrics because it's hard to infer the meaning when I only understand one word out of three.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

turbomoose posted:

Anyone want to take a crack at singing this little ditty i wrote? I was hoping it would be sung halfway convincingly, maybe with some music in the background. I would try myself but i don't think i can make it through some of the more tongue-twister inducing parts

I want to try that at some point, but I've been trying to tinker with my own ditty in the meantime.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'm lollin' hard over here, the intro alone is, like this time of the year, magical.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Ahahahaha wow, this might be the worst one I've ever heard. Congrats.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Beautiful. I especially love the 'Axl Rose while trying not to wake up his roommate' singing impression :allears:

Seriously, though, great stuff.

Cemetry Gator posted:

I feel like I'd really enjoy this WAY more if I could hear the words more, as that other goon mentioned.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I feel like I'd really enjoy this WAY more if I could hear the words more, as that other goon mentioned.

Is it the mix or the performance? I can fix both.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cemetry Gator posted:

Maybe a bit of both, but I'd try the mix, first.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Cemetry Gator posted:

To me it's the performance, but trying to record a song myself I've found that it's loving hard to sing intelligibly. :justpost: the lyrics, man.

Rascal_Rockhog
Dec 4, 2011

Now, that's a nice post
My favourite thread every year! Time to start composing.

If Santa is in a good mood, maybe The Gatorhogs will make an appearance?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Some of my favorites from past years:

this is one of the few ones my roommates actually liked:

this was genuinely moving:

this is one of my favorite stealth songs, the kind that someone hears in the background and sorta tunes out, then halfway through the song goes "what... what the gently caress is this?":

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rascal_Rockhog posted:

My favourite thread every year! Time to start composing.

If Santa is in a good mood, maybe The Gatorhogs will make an appearance?

Please do! "Christmas Lobotomy" still runs through my head every year.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Maybe a bit of both, but I'd try the mix, first.

Alright, I remixed this motherfucker. Now it's really under the tree.

And just to get it out of the way, here are the lyrics:
When it comes to giving me the perfect gift
you know you always had the one thing that I really need
so if you want to know what I want this year
I'm gonna tell you to the tune of this tropical beat
chorus: won't you go and give me your heart for christmas
won't you go and give me your heart so true
so won't you go and give me your heart for Christmas
or baby my Christmas is a gonna be blue
II: you can throw away the keys to the brand new car
and toys and games just won't do
the only thing that I'm looking for this year
is beating right there inside of you
chorus
bridge: now baby this year has been too long
and this heart of mine has gotten weak
but Christmas is the time for miracles
you can bring some joy and life to me
III: oh the car accident that put you in a coma
was really just another blessing in disguise
because I'm lying here in this hospital bed
knowing next Christmas I will be alive

I'm a truly terrible person.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Alright, I remixed this motherfucker. Now it's really under the tree.

:drat:

It's the last verse that makes it magical.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

drat, the collection of songs we've got so far are right up there with the 2009 and 2012 collections (my two favorite years). This thread is gonna make this the greatest Christmas EVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Last call for a female vocalist before we press ahead and have one of the male parts do a terrible immitation of a woman

• Locked thread