Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I Greyhound posted:

In actual music news, I was in a store and this (The song linked below) was playing, and I seriously thought that some goon worker had put a song from this thread on the PA system. But no, it's an actual loving song as bad as we could dish out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYd9VllXBc Jingle Bells and Candy Canes by Fancy

I heard this in a Walgreens and made a comment to the cashier and she said she wanted to die every time it came on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nq0CuUKTjc

I swore this also was a parody version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Motherfucking goons, you are all excellent, and this is shaping up to be a terrifically awful Christmas. I'm not sure about the dimensions for the album art, just regular ones, I guess? A quick google search gives me:

the front - 4.78 x 4.78 - inches
the back - 5.95 x 4.73 - inches

After finally hate-watching "Polar Express" for the first time and drinking quite a lot of Christmas wine afterwards, I had a vision of this wonderful, terrible front cover. Let me share my nightmare with you.

:gary:My Song Front Cover Submission Is Under the Tree:yarg:

E: Let me be the first to say, upon looking at this in the cold light of morning,

Libandano Urfam posted:

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

(the audio is all over the place, may wish to be careful if you have headphones)

loving incredible...

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 9, 2015

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010
Hi there! This is an unexplainable and terrible joy every year.

These are a couple of submissions I made a few years ago:

(the audio is all over the place, may wish to be careful if you have headphones)

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Libandano Urfam posted:

Hi there! This is an unexplainable and terrible joy every year.

:rock:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Libandano Urfam posted:

Hahaha, this is pretty great. :neckbeard:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My submission should be in by the 13th! I am relieved to find out this is before the deadline, which is the 15th, in case anyone else is just now joining the thread.

That's...that's something fantastic, Urfam. :catstare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

my cat is norris posted:

My submission should be in by the 13th! I am relieved to find out this is before the deadline, which is the 15th, in case anyone else is just now joining the thread.

I'm/we're thinking about possibly extending the deadline to the 20th, both to make up for the thread having low traffic while it was unstickied, and also because we haven't finished our track yet. :colbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I want to do something Jewish and very innocuous. I've already got the lyrics, but would like to add some chutzpah in the form of actual music (maybe with fiddles). If someone is willing to assist with that, please PM me.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

my cat is norris posted:

I'm collaborating, but like I told my cat is norris, the song is awful enough on its own.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Paladinus posted:

I want to do something Jewish and very innocuous. I've already got the lyrics, but would like to add some chutzpah in the form of actual music (maybe with fiddles). If someone is willing to assist with that, please PM me.

If you can't find a fiddler, try Musescore or some other Midi controller. This goes for anyone looking for music. It's easier than ever to cobble together passable music electronically; if you can't find someone to record for you, don't give up!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

If you can't find a fiddler, try Musescore or some other Midi controller. This goes for anyone looking for music. It's easier than ever to cobble together passable music electronically; if you can't find someone to record for you, don't give up!

Also try Fiverr, there are definitely people there who can help, and it's cheap.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Hey, I've got my FL Studio ready as a plan B, but although I can fiddle (heh) with existing stuff, I'm really bad at creating music. So it's in everyone's best interest that it doesn't come to this.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus

Paladinus posted:

Hey, I've got my FL Studio ready as a plan B, but although I can fiddle (heh) with existing stuff, I'm really bad at creating music. So it's in everyone's best interest that it doesn't come to this.

I have a violin, but no knowledge of how to play it, I don't know if that's an option.

Electric Boogaloo Violin, so recording should be decent enough as well.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ScrootyMcboog posted:

DJ Woodblox Feat ScrootyMcboog - Sleighbells Ring

https://youtu.be/W5Ci7xwN6N4

LOL good job man

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A friend of mine needed a quick instrument track laid down by someone and got it taken care of through Fiverr. I don't know if you want or don't want to spend any money on making music for this album (which is totally understandable :shobon:), but $5 isn't bad at all.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Didn't get around to making one last year so I made this one twice as bad to make up for it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

JossiRossi posted:

Jingle Bawitibas
by: James "Kid Rock Had a Stroke But Sadly No One Noticed" Rossi

:homebrew:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Schnugaf posted:

I have a violin, but no knowledge of how to play it, I don't know if that's an option.

this sounds like the best option, tbh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Schnugaf posted:

I've already found some klezmer to serve as music, but we definitely has to try this option. I'll PM you vocals when I'm done and you can improvise something otherworldly.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

:siren: MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :siren:

edit: For some reason (probably user-related), there's almost a minute of dead space after the song ends here. Here's an edited version with that excess removed

Kruxy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 15, 2015

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

I Greyhound posted:

In actual music news, I was in a store and this (The song linked below) was playing, and I seriously thought that some goon worker had put a song from this thread on the PA system. But no, it's an actual loving song as bad as we could dish out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYd9VllXBc Jingle Bells and Candy Canes by Fancy

God drat it. If you're going to write a Eurodance Christmas song, it must be about a sexy reindeer!

JossiRossi posted:

I heard this in a Walgreens and made a comment to the cashier and she said she wanted to die every time it came on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nq0CuUKTjc

I swore this also was a parody version.

Ah yes, the methamphetamine version of Jingle Bells.

PeePooMeYou
Jan 16, 2007

Kruxy posted:

:siren: MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :siren:

A lil' club jam is just what the doctor ordered this xmas :tutbutt:

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

Does anyone have the link for that one from a couple of years ago which was a mashup of Reggae Christmas with added gunfire, airhorns etc...? Used to have it saved but can't find it anywhere any more :(

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Sure do! One of my favorites.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Von Bek posted:

Does anyone have the link for that one from a couple of years ago which was a mashup of Reggae Christmas with added gunfire, airhorns etc...? Used to have it saved but can't find it anywhere any more :(

It's also on the 2012 album, if you're checking out the links in the OP.

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

Thank you both! Christmas (and resentful looks from my fiancee) can begin!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

I've noticed that the friends of mine that love this goofy stuff are usually the sort of folks who have learned to hate regular Christmas music after being forced to listen to it at work for years on end.

That's certainly the case for me. gently caress restaurants and double-gently caress retail.

from 2012:

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Can someone link the Little Drummer Boy made up of drum solos?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

McStabby posted:

It's in the OP.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

McStabby posted:

Speaking of which, I'm planning a spiritual sequel to Little Mumble Boy for this year, but of course a different song. I don't even care if no one cares, it's happening!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
My favorite part about Christmas? That version of Santa's Coming to Town with the long intro, so...

:siren: ANOTHER CHRISTMAS SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :siren:

VVV
Thanks! Also thanks for all the other responses from people on my other song. Put me in a better xmas mood than I usually have!

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 12, 2015

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Thanks, I was on my phone so I didn't realize it was in the OP.

my cat is norris and I should have our song under the tree soon, once she records her part.

This is magical.

McStabby fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 12, 2015

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

JossiRossi posted:

My favorite part about Christmas? That version of Santa's Coming to Town with the long intro, so...

Well, I think we've found Track 1!

I'm working on a stupid idea but I've hit a roadblock on the lyrics. If anybody is interested in helping shoot me a PM.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

For the first time ever and with the accompaniment (faint though it is) of my daughter, my submission is

:siren: UNDER THE TREE! :siren:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

JossiRossi posted:

This is giving me flashbacks to this Dexter's Lab episode. Your song owns.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
THIS SONG IS UNDER THE MENORAH

The intro was graciously provided by Schnugaf.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Oh hell yes this better be Track 1.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Speaking of which, I'm planning a spiritual sequel to Little Mumble Boy for this year, but of course a different song. I don't even care if no one cares, it's happening!

I sure as poo poo care, Little Mumble Boy is one of my favorites. Looking forward to it :neckbeard:

Thanks to everyone who has been making awesome music, I would quote everyone and personally tell them how special they are but :effort:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Aaa something came up and I'm running late with my musical gift! Expect it tonight!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I am a musician!

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
Just a quick note, since I'm too bad at creating music, I figured if anyone wants some badly played piano or violin in their songs, holla at me.

Also got a Guitar and Ukulele, but no proper recording setup for those.

• Locked thread