Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

It's harvest time! That doesn't mean much in the age of globalization but man whatever. This month's theme is food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

November is also #drawdinovember so here's a quick eoraptor

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 2, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
One last spoopy that was too late:

Sorry, weird feral viking vampire...you were just too slow.

I finished this off yesterday, actually, but I was in the throes of a really terrible depressive episode, so I convinced myself it was terrible and no one would ever want to see it. Then I went to the gym and sweated out all those negative feelings and now I'm pretty happy with it. It was a bit different for me, in that I did the whole thing in black and white, then went in and messed with the hue/saturation/lightness in different areas to colour it in.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Looks good to me. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I also have a late (inktober) entry.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Hello thread, it's been awhile. Had some time to myself this weekend and, at the impetus of my gf, actually found myself wanting to draw. So I did some things on a theme, with varying success

Thinking in terms of block printing in two colors, or one+watercoloring

dupersaurus fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 3, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

This was the one day of inktober I didn't scan.... random heads on the 29th.

Today's drawing... another random head. Ugh. I really need to draw some landscapes or something.

Oh man ... this is really cool reference for posing.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 3, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

#drawdinovember 2; apatosaurus fight

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Trying to get myself back on a "completing poo poo" schedule, did a basic "five minute face" shape exercise/warmup as a break from pulling out my hair figuring out how to animate a cyclist

dupersaurus posted:

Thinking in terms of block printing in two colors, or one+watercoloring

Those would look great a block prints, the color field should def be solid.

Edit to appease theme:

Some eggs that look a'ight of you don't look too close

Theokotos fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 4, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

centrosaurus

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Drawing / painting figure group tonight.

Watercolor portrait. I need heavier paper... or less water.... hmm.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Phylodox posted:

I finished this off yesterday, actually, but I was in the throes of a really terrible depressive episode, so I convinced myself it was terrible and no one would ever want to see it. Then I went to the gym and sweated out all those negative feelings and now I'm pretty happy with it. It was a bit different for me, in that I did the whole thing in black and white, then went in and messed with the hue/saturation/lightness in different areas to colour it in.

I'm quoting this since I can't quote the dead thread BUT when I commented on the picture wiggling, I thought you'd selected the area with a magic wand sorta tool, which makes the defined edges constantly be wiggling with that dotted line moving. It is terrible and I hate it. I didn't know paint tool Sai had a function that lets it ignore lines altogether without reminding you that this here is the area I'm doing it to, can you see it, look I'll make it move a bit, seems a lot better as an option.
The vamp is so loving ripped. Total hunk from the chin down.
Side note: I'd like to see the artist who doesn't sometimes look at their stuff and think they're so full of poo poo it's coming out the brushes. I get it constantly, too, especially on work that I've just finished. They always seem to look better the next day. You can count on me to always want to see your art! That's a shoutout to everyone who I don't comment on too. I always forever will enjoy looking at what other people are drawing, even if you think it's terrible poo poo!

In between threads I made an old hobbit:

Fancypants aristocrap elf

Huggy times with :3: and :catstare:

And then sexy potato

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

ornithomimus

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Just inky things~

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I'm quoting this since I can't quote the dead thread BUT when I commented on the picture wiggling, I thought you'd selected the area with a magic wand sorta tool, which makes the defined edges constantly be wiggling with that dotted line moving. It is terrible and I hate it. I didn't know paint tool Sai had a function that lets it ignore lines altogether without reminding you that this here is the area I'm doing it to, can you see it, look I'll make it move a bit, seems a lot better as an option.
The vamp is so loving ripped. Total hunk from the chin down.
Side note: I'd like to see the artist who doesn't sometimes look at their stuff and think they're so full of poo poo it's coming out the brushes. I get it constantly, too, especially on work that I've just finished. They always seem to look better the next day. You can count on me to always want to see your art! That's a shoutout to everyone who I don't comment on too. I always forever will enjoy looking at what other people are drawing, even if you think it's terrible poo poo!

In between threads I made an old hobbit:

Fancypants aristocrap elf

Huggy times with :3: and :catstare:

And then sexy potato

You are a machine. These are great. How many hours a day do you paint?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

sigma 6 posted:

How many hours a day do you paint?

Thank you! Around an hour to two hours. I've been a lot more consistent at it since I started streaming, since I feel like I gotta do it. All of those pics were around an hour, give or take 10 mins, with the exception of the potato which was half an hour. Talking of which..

Dinovember sounded like fun so I did a Parasaurolophus yesterday:

And today I don't know what dino skeleton I was using as reference, so I just winged it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Ever have a sketch you didn't want to ruin by finishing?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I finally got myself to paint something during the week again. Been having trouble moving lately.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Hot potato :heysexy:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

treyf dot png

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Cherries! (no bikinis this time)

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Cherries! (no bikinis this time)

and why the hell not?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

#DDV 6 & 7

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Frozenpussy posted:

and why the hell not?

Honestly, I started drawing some bikinis on and noticed that I'd have to do them on the reflection as well and :effort:
To make up for it, here's a watermelon in a strap.

Also my favourite thing:

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Sharpest Crayon: Where / how are you streaming?

smallmouth: Those heads look great.

Here is a tiny sketch of the local bartender.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

day 8 coleophysis

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
watched dope last night and did some sketches while watching the movie. turns out scrawling on the page while watching the movie is not a good way to capture likenesses haha, but i liked the one on the bottom left.

decided to follow up today and do a drawing of kiersey clemons, maybe 15-20 mins from reference. the shoulders are off but i think i got the likeness in the face. might turn this one into a painting

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 9, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

watched dope last night and did some sketches while watching the movie. turns out scrawling on the page while watching the movie is not a good way to capture likenesses haha, but i liked the one on the bottom left.

decided to follow up today and do a drawing of kiersey clemons, maybe 15-20 mins from reference. the shoulders are off but i think i got the likeness in the face. might turn this one into a painting

I disagree. I think forcing yourself to draw from moving reference is very hard but definitely helps. Results look pretty good too! Try adjusting levels next time you post though.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I hate everything I did today.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
WIP for giving a watercolour canvas a shot - watercolours, still incredibly difficult. its like painting in reverse a bit?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

sigma 6 posted:

Where / how are you streaming?

I stream on Twitch. It's mainly meant for streaming gaming, but it has a "creative" category where people paint their miniatures or knit chainmail or whatever. All you need is a program that "screencaps" whatever's on you monitor. I use OBS since it was recommended and also they had clear instructions on how to make it work with Twitch. It's easy to get started and it's nice to have interaction, even if some of it is trolls. I was pleased that when I was drawing the parasaurolophus, a prehistory buff wandered in and corrected the physiology and also told me my ferns were wrong. :P

smallmouth posted:

I hate everything I did today.

Nononono, here I made you something:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I stream on Twitch. It's mainly meant for streaming gaming, but it has a "creative" category where people paint their miniatures or knit chainmail or whatever. All you need is a program that "screencaps" whatever's on you monitor. I use OBS since it was recommended and also they had clear instructions on how to make it work with Twitch. It's easy to get started and it's nice to have interaction, even if some of it is trolls. I was pleased that when I was drawing the parasaurolophus, a prehistory buff wandered in and corrected the physiology and also told me my ferns were wrong. :P

Nononono, here I made you something:

Aw, thanks! :unsmith:

I tried streaming on twitch recently, but I guess my computer isn't good enough. It was dropping way too many frames.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Great jazz band tonight.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Need to get my hands back into fine detail shape

Frown Town
Sep 10, 2009

does not even lift
SWAG SWAG SWAG YOLO

I love this.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

smallmouth posted:

I tried streaming on twitch recently, but I guess my computer isn't good enough. It was dropping way too many frames.

Your computer might be fine, but your connection might be letting you down! Internet providers always skimp on the upload speed, I lose loads of frames but slight lag in an art stream is not the end of the world. Did you try streaming at a lower quality?

I love fallout 4 btw, this has been my experience so far.

Imagine a rainbow of "violence is magic" is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

• Locked thread