Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also he was an actor and U.S. Senator.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/fred-thompson-dies-law-order-actor-senator-lawyer-was-73-1201602474/

I liked him in the Hunt for Red October, didn't like him running for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Oh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:rip: law and order guy :doink:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Is there any scummier profession

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
windfall profit tax!?

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Anime is bad

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

He and Guliani were big time favorites going into the 2008 POTUS race and neither made it past the first few primaries. :lol:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
a good actor but a terrible human being

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
You know Hunt for Red October was a really good movie, like, it was built out of good poo poo.

Fred Thompson was good in a small role, and so was Sam Neil and Scott Glenn and it was rad

I am going to go watch that poo poo.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
good

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

FIRST TIME posted:

He and Guliani were big time favorites going into the 2008 POTUS race and neither made it past the first few primaries. :lol:

That entire election cycle was ridiculous. Had a few uncomfortable conversations with people who thought Thompson was the right man for the job. Ended up losing to McCain. Losing. To McCain. What a pathetic swansong.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
more like dead thompson

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
isnt a reverse mortgage basically signing over your house to some company for fast cash then they own it when ur dumb old rear end dies?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Grody posted:

isnt a reverse mortgage basically signing over your house to some company for fast cash then they own it when ur dumb old rear end dies?

p. much

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
Every time I put together IKEA poo poo, Hunt For The Red October must play in the background. Watched that movie 30 times this decade.

Thank you Fred. The blue dresser was a two October build.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Grody posted:

its basically the final way a boomer can say "gently caress you, got mine"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I always enjoyed how he sugarcoated death in those reverse mortgage commercials as "leaving the home," as in "the loan is repaid when the last person leaves the home"

Godspeed on your next destination after leaving the home, Fred Thompson

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
oh no. i grew up watching fred thompson. my childhood. i'm so sad. fart.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i hope you shitheaded millenials weren't expecting to get any sort of inheritance from me, as i've taken a reverse mortgage on the house my parents gave me and i spent it all on gold certificates

you really need to bootstrap your way to home ownership just like i did

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

voting for ronald reagan should be considered an offense punishable by death, tbh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
thought he was good in Roseanne. bummer he died but it was inevitable. :shrug:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Kuato posted:

bummer he died

nah

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Reverse mortgages are the perfect way to siphon off that one last bit of tangible wealth so that nothing is left behind but a bill for the funeral and the gravestone.

Glad he's dead

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Kuato posted:

thought he was good in Roseanne.

lol yeah it was a real stretch for him to play an rear end in a top hat republican type

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Grody posted:

You're basically betting that you'll die before you run out of home equity. Oh and if you end up in a home and don't die right away, you could lose the house anyway.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
they should have variable rate reverse mortgages so you can charge the bank 4 times the value of your house the same way those fuckers do

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Reverse mortgages are the perfect way to siphon off that one last bit of tangible wealth so that nothing is left behind but a bill for the funeral and the gravestone.

Glad he's dead

this brings up a good question. what happens if say my piece of poo poo sister dies and we have the funeral and all that and i just skip out on the bill for it?

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Grody posted:

this brings up a good question. what happens if say my piece of poo poo sister dies and we have the funeral and all that and i just skip out on the bill for it?

ok so... does your sister have any assets?

if no, put it in her estate. heil satan

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Grody posted:

The funeral home gets all rights to her body and will do all sorts of sick poo poo to it and then send the collection agency after you.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Grody posted:

Pro tip: If no one formally claims the body (and they can't force you to even though they will use bullshit threats that they can), the morgue is stuck with disposing of it.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Frankenstyle posted:

Pro tip: If no one formally claims the body (and they can't force you to even though they will use bullshit threats that they can), the morgue is stuck with disposing of it.

hmmm handy knowledge for my later life

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
That tidbit really took a lot of the stress out of planning my moms funeral.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Seriously. I'm not trying to be a dick but nobody can force you to pay for your relative's death or debts. Even if that means they end up in pauper's grave or whatever. Once you're dead, your dead. What's left of you is nothing but flesh and bone. Don't let anyone guilt you into thinking otherwise.

:edit:
If you're married to the deceased, you're on the hook for financial poo poo. Sucks to be you.

Also, I don't say this as an autistic excuse to get out of chipping in for someone you actually loved and you can afford it. Try to be a decent human being and figure this out ahead of time. If they die suddenly, well poo poo happens. Work with your family to try and figure it out.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 2, 2015

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Yeah. I was joking about my mom there, but I have told my wife in all seriousness that if die unexpectedly she should refuse to claim the body and spend the money she'd have wasted on a funeral doing something fun instead.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Donate the body to science.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Yeah. I was joking about my mom there, but I have told my wife in all seriousness that if die unexpectedly she should refuse to claim the body and spend the money she'd have wasted on a funeral doing something fun instead.

You're a good man.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Business Gorillas posted:

voting for ronald reagan should be considered an offense punishable by death, tbh

the truth comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

shoulda rounded all the reagan voters up against the wall...

...except he got it torn down first :boom:

• Locked thread