Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I'm not going to post the full leaderboard for the World Title Series, because that's eight more images.

THINGS TO DISCUSS

-The World Title Series is the only thing going on right now. 32 wrestlers gunning for that TNA World Heavyweight Championship! James Storm will not win it.

THIS MONTH'S PPV
TNA One Night Only: The TNA Classic (taped in February)

Gunner vs. the Great Sanada
Mr. Anderson vs. DJ Z
MVP vs. Davey Richards
Bobby Roode vs. Eric Young
Bram vs. Sonjay Dutt
Austin Aries vs. Mahabali Shera
Robbie E vs. Rockstar Spud
Kenny King vs. Knux
Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Final PLUS
Brooke Tessmacher, Taryn Terrell, and Rebel vs. Havok, Madison Rayne, and Angelina Love
Drew Galloway and Crimson vs. Jessie Godderz and Samuel Shaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Could you imagine being a kid and trying to get interested in TNA? Every single show, whether it be TV or PPV, has an almost completely different roster. Someone watching the One Night Only this month may say "Gee, I really like this guy" and then they have to be told that they're watching something that's ten months old (which is never mentioned, of course) and most of the wrestlers are no longer with the company.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

tna sucks

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Let's... eh, never mind.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Non Joke question: How long does TNA really have left anymore? Is it just going to coast as is for a long while or something?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Non Joke question: How long does TNA really have left anymore? Is it just going to coast as is for a long while or something?

TNA is pretty much going to survive as long as the someone, whether it be the Carters or if they're ever tired of it, a buyer, is willing to lose money on it.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
They have two months to find a new network. As well, their director of touring just quit. Their star fell a while ago and they might as well be dead. They're not in the public eye at all.

That said, I feel they'll exist in some capacity for a while longer, even if it is the performers breaking their necks in front of the TNA Mecca mod staff, as long as Bob Carter wants to keep Dixie away from Panda. Never underestimate a company funded primarily by white Texas oil barons.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No one is going to watch that stupid ONO so I don't mind spoiling it.

GUNNER WINS
GUNNER WINS
GUNNER WINS

e: to John's point, they've been uploading a lot to Youtube in the last few days, which was always something they stayed away from with the explanation that DA owns the footage. Whether DA has relaxed those rules because they don't do anything with the footage or, just as likely, TNA is flagrantly defying DA because they know they're leaving anyway and are real bad at business, I don't know. The second point is somewhat supported by the fact that Bob Ryder was openly throwing shade on Exorcism Live on Twitter the other night. BTW, Exorcism Live did about 500K viewers, which is close to double what TNA is pulling lately for Impact (not counting the replay).

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 3, 2015

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
I haven't kept up, what is the TV situation? Does the title tourney deal have a bunch more episodes, or is it ending soon? Are they going to tape in India, or wherever? Has Destination America given them a final date?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

81sidewinder posted:

I haven't kept up, what is the TV situation? Does the title tourney deal have a bunch more episodes, or is it ending soon? Are they going to tape in India, or wherever? Has Destination America given them a final date?

No one knows, yes, no, probably (also in the UK in February apparently, which are Angle's final dates with TNA), no

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Is TNA doing literal nothing this month other than airing poo poo taped in september?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Is TNA doing literal nothing this month other than airing poo poo taped in september?

India's next month so that's right, though they taped this stuff in July not September. They may tape more for the tournament in India since I think someone here worked it out and they've only taped enough to get them to the semifinals. I could be wrong on that though because this thing is a mess to figure out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

No one knows, yes, no, probably (also in the UK in February apparently, which are Angle's final dates with TNA), no

DA gave them until the end of the year. Jan 1 they're someone else's problem

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

DA gave them until the end of the year. Jan 1 they're someone else's problem

I believe Dixie said they have a deal through January IIRC, so Feb 1 if she's not lying. They are taping in the UK though, just not necessarily for DA.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I swear I read somewhere they signed some Indian tv deal

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I swear I read somewhere they signed some Indian tv deal

pretty sure this was news from several years/ months ago being reported as new by wreddit

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VileLL posted:

pretty sure this was news from several years/ months ago being reported as new by wreddit

I don't go to Reddit because lol Reddit but maybe someone reposted it from there. I can't find any references anywhere now I'm looking for it so I have no idea what the gently caress I'm thinking of.

Edit:
Think it might have been this article from the 1st of October and I just misremembered poo poo. You're right though, the deal itself is old.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-impact/2015/10/1/9437429/tna-news-is-the-indian-market-the-companys-saving-grace

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 4, 2015

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

No one is going to watch that stupid ONO so I don't mind spoiling it.

GUNNER WINS
GUNNER WINS
GUNNER WINS

Congratulations, he will carry the brand into the future.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I saw on CSS that TNA is in talks with the Manhattan Center to film there again, which, lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who the hell is still in this dead-rear end promotion

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy until January

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Alain Post posted:

Lashley and Bobby Roode who both deserve better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SylvainMustach posted:

Lashley and Bobby Roode who both deserve better.

Not really.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy until January

Does Kurt never wanna work with WWE again or do they hate him? I imagine they can get him some work in some capacity that isn't wrestling. Hell maybe host of some Network show or something?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think Kurt wants to wrestle again and WWE won't let him.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

OldTennisCourt posted:

Does Kurt never wanna work with WWE again or do they hate him? I imagine they can get him some work in some capacity that isn't wrestling. Hell maybe host of some Network show or something?

kurt only wants to go back to wwe if he can still wrestle and there's no way in hell wwe will let that happen. he only quit anyway because they told him to take several months off to heal up

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

a retard posted:

kurt only wants to go back to wwe if he can still wrestle and there's no way in hell wwe will let that happen. he only quit anyway because they told him to take several months off to heal up

That really sucks, I imagine the pop for a surprise return would be deafening, hell it would have ruled if he came out against Rusev and did a promo. How garbage is his health anyway?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

That really sucks, I imagine the pop for a surprise return would be deafening, hell it would have ruled if he came out against Rusev and did a promo. How garbage is his health anyway?

He literally just got back from taking a mandatory break from surgery to remove a tumor he'd wrestled for a year with

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I believe Dixie said they have a deal through January IIRC, so Feb 1 if she's not lying. They are taping in the UK though, just not necessarily for DA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

mariooncrack posted:

I think Kurt wants to wrestle again and WWE won't let him.

It's really weird because Kurt has always said that the WWE only wants him to come back on a full time schedule while he wants a limited dates contract.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The explanation is that Kurt, like many addicts, is a liar.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's really weird because Kurt has always said that the WWE only wants him to come back on a full time schedule while he wants a limited dates contract.

He's also always said that Vince sends him flowers every week (since 2006) asking him to come back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kurt also thought he was physically well enough to compete in the most recent Olympics.

He is either a habitual liar, doesn't live in reality, or both.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I believe Kurt, he is an American Hero, he would never lie to me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The three Is are actually three ls and stand for lies, lies, lies.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Alain Post posted:

The explanation is that Kurt, like many addicts, is a liar.

So you don't necessarily mean addicted to wrestling I would guess.

I stopped watching wrestling for 10 years and when I (sort of) came back I was curious what had happened to my favorite wrestler since I quit.

Cue me going :smith: at Wikipedia.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is the Shera Shuffle still a thing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Are you living under a rock, friend? It's everywhere

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Well sort of. The footage of Shera they're using now is so old that it predates the Shuffle and he has his old name ("Khoya") on his tights when he wrestles, with Josh Mathews offering the explanation that 'it's a reminder of what he's not'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

NickRoweFillea posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum it's called the Shera Shake now idiot

• Locked thread