Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Modest Mauser posted:

Perhaps Americans should focus on police reform, since there is evidently a problem which none of you ever want to directly address.

lmao who are you talking to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
A lot of these make me sad, especially the ones with kids, but the one that makes me the saddest is the mentally ill homeless man crying for his father as the cops beat him to death

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Crime-Dad Crime-Dad, whatchoo gonna do, whatchoo gonna do when Gun-Cop shoots at you!?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

A lot of these make me sad, especially the ones with kids, but the one that makes me the saddest is the mentally ill homeless man crying for his father as the cops beat him to death

TBF the mentally ill only look like they feel pain.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
cops are basically malcolm mcdowell and his buddies in a clockwork orange

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
so is the cop going to be charged for executing a 6 year old or has the department not weighed in yet

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

wiffle ball bat posted:

so is the cop going to be charged for executing a 6 year old or has the department not weighed in yet

lmao are you loving kidding

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

wiffle ball bat posted:

Unless they can prove he knew the 6YO was in the car and deliberately aimed for him in this case I think he should be punished for negligent homicide.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
if a cop "fears for his life" he could napalm a school district and not be indicted

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nefarious posted:

if a cop "fears for his life" he could napalm a school district and not be indicted

Hells to the yeah. that's the whole precedent for Judge Dredd, duder

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hells to the yeah. that's the whole precedent for Judge Dredd, duder

Ironically, Dredd never abused his authority.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I literally think all police should be killed

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Captain Yossarian posted:

I literally think all police should be killed

and then what?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Ironically, Dredd never abused his authority.

yeah, but it's not like they ever show you the otherside of his issues. Maybe you're just reading his own justifications for his constant homiesides

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

yeah, but it's not like they ever show you the otherside of his issues. Maybe you're just reading his own justifications for his constant homiesides

Did you ever actually read Judge Dredd comics? They showed the tragic backstory of citizens driven to crime all the time. It only served to emphasize just what a cold, unfeeling person Dredd really is.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

fits my needs posted:

another thug/future thug bites the dust

Kid was autistic, read the thread. He might have turned into a doll fucker though.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

skeletonotherkin posted:

Kid was autistic, read the thread. He might have turned into a doll fucker though.

he might have grown up to be the ralp of his generation

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I've yet to hear about any motorcycle cop going insane like the CrownVic/charger/explorer cops. Bet traffic cops just roll their eyes at all this poo poo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

Bet traffic cops just roll their eyes at all this poo poo

It must be heaven shooting at a civilian with your bike humming under your crotch giving that little bit of stimulation that you need.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Applewhite posted:

and then what?

Haven't thought that far and honestly don't care what happens

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Did you ever actually read Judge Dredd comics? They showed the tragic backstory of citizens driven to crime all the time. It only served to emphasize just what a cold, unfeeling person Dredd really is.

I'll admit I haven't read any since 1995. I have long forgotten anything in them but Dredd wrecking people

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Haven't thought that far and honestly don't care what happens

Well spoiler alert it actually makes things much worse and overall quality of life is significantly degraded.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Enfield posted:

autistice kids can be lawyers. who says they cant

they sure can post on the internet

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Next time don't back into a cop car, dummy!

I hate children

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Applewhite posted:

Well spoiler alert it actually makes things much worse and overall quality of life is significantly degraded.

I'd love to see that actual evidence of this. A society that killed all cops and the aftermath must be something I missed in my schooling.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I'd love to see that actual evidence of this. A society that killed all cops and the aftermath must be something I missed in my schooling.

It's covered under "world history." See: "all the poo poo countries which have suffered a complete breakdown of law and order."

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
Cops are public servants, service involves sacrifice. The cop should be willing to die in the interests of peacefully serving a warrant, not cause a dangerous car chase and blindly fire .40 hollow points into a six year olds body shredding his tiny internal organs so some dude doesn't get away with owing the state a couple hundred bucks. Cops should get paid like offshore oil drillers but they shouldn't be able to take a life and they should be punished for any crimes they commit 1000x what a normie would get.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

ah, it's clear now

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they billed that dead kid's parents for the cost of the bullet and charged his estate with impeding a police investigation because his frail young body blocked the bullet meant for someone else.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

wiffle ball bat posted:

Cops are public servants, service involves sacrifice. The cop should be willing to die in the interests of peacefully serving a warrant, not cause a dangerous car chase and blindly fire .40 hollow points into a six year olds body shredding his tiny internal organs so some dude doesn't get away with owing the state a couple hundred bucks. Cops should get paid like offshore oil drillers but they shouldn't be able to take a life and they should be punished for any crimes they commit 1000x what a normie would get.

:agreed: right up to the point of not being allowed to take a life. I think that is an unreasonable restriction.

It is right and ethical to take a life in self defense or defense of others and a system that would forbid a police officer from using lethal force against a person about to harm an innocent is not a just system.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Hello I'm from the cop union and posting about this and looking down on the good work our men and women in uniform do makes it harder for them to do their jobs and get away with it please close this thread and stop talking about cops thank you.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I want to know how the police got into a situation where they were all on foot directly behind a dude in a car who had enough space to reverse quickly enough to run over and kill the cops. And how shooting the guy would make the car stop going backwards instead of just stepping out of the way. Don't they normally box in cars that are running from them? Like, park directly against the car so it can't go anywhere instead of assuming that the suspect is finished driving.

And obviously crime dad isn't in the right here or anything. Just because the cops are retarded doesn't mean the dad isn't retarded too. Somehow the dead autistic kid ended up being the smartest person in the situation by getting killed instead of having to listen to arguments about American police training and tactics and their apparent readiness to use firearms to solve most problems.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Gun Cop, 3rd grade

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

:agreed: right up to the point of not being allowed to take a life. I think that is an unreasonable restriction.

It is right and ethical to take a life in self defense or defense of others and a system that would forbid a police officer from using lethal force against a person about to harm an innocent is not a just system.

Well 1. a cops life is worthless and 2. it's been established by the supreme court that cops have no obligation to defend your life so all your points are moot and irrelevant

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

DIRECT FOOTAGE OF 6YO FROM POLICE CAR CAMS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

wiffle ball bat posted:

Well 1. a cops life is worthless and 2. it's been established by the supreme court that cops have no obligation to defend your life so all your points are moot and irrelevant

We're not talking about current cops we're talking about the cops in the society you described. You said yourself they should be treated like public servants and paid like offshore oil drillers.
I agree they should face stiffer penalties for breaking the law and that the lives of citizens should come first, but I disagree that they should never be allowed to kill.
Also the supreme court ruling is neither here nor there. Just because a cop is not obligated to defend your life doesn't mean a cop is wrong to defend an innocent from harm.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
that will teach that 6-year-old to not obstruct justice

I wonder what the warrant was for

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wonder what the warrant was for

5 years of unpaid child maintenance.

Unseen
Dec 23, 2006
I'll drive the tanker
One cop shot a kid therefore all cops shoot kids. One more reason why we need to elect Berntie Sanders. Once he's in, cops will enforce social justice instead of pain and hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope dad feels guilty that it was his decision to break the law and shirk responsibility for it and then to run from the cops with his young son in the car that led to his sons death. Father of the year good job dad

• Locked thread