Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The forums and subforums are all still there, but they are completely empty. Every post ever made lost forever, including the goldmine and gas chamber.

Would it kill the forums, or would we rebuild from the ashes, springing to new life like a forest after a major fire?

I'd take it as an opportunity to build a new Goon community better and brighter than the one before, but I'd probably give up after everyone else left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
i would post

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it would hardly matter, OP

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it would hardly matter, OP

idk, we have a pretty rich heritage.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I would make a thread where I explore my town of American Fork and post pictures like a virtual tour. Then laugh when it gets gassed :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:justpost:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I would be annoyed that my bookmarked threads are gone and then post in a new thread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Though now that I think about it, Lowtax could just ask the Library of Congress for their backups.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i might make a joke thread or a serious thread idk

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i would post on reddit

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

idk, we have a pretty rich heritage.

I would mourn the loss of the Platinum Crew thread but thats pretty much all

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
we'd still have the 9/11 thread :911:

http://www.truegamer.net/SA_911/911%20SATHREAD/

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'd make that WETTBUTT post about being in middle school and having the word homo for a mouth but I'd pretend it was my own and get all the forums cred

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd probably go get laid and become a millionaire.

Holy poo poo somebody kept it!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Parallax Scroll posted:

i might make a joke thread or a serious thread idk

I would post in those threads

I can't see how losing yesterdays threads would be a huge loss. If we felt nostalgic wee could ask reddit for a copy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would work day and night to replace all of the im gay's that were lost.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd probably go and rob a bank and become a trillionaire or something.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'd be a sun-baked hobo on the side of the road with a carboard sign that says 'im gay'

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i'd be a sun-baked hobo on the side of the road with a carboard sign that says 'im gay'

I'd toss you :10bux: for old times' sake.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
print out whats left of the forums and wipe my poo poo crusted fuckhole until the chafing leaves it bloody and unsatisfied

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh right, actually id run for office once all the evidence of my love for suicide, anime, gay sex and cop death had been destroyed

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I would make the ultimate :firstpost: and claim it, in fact, easily.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
have sex with your mom op

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
twice

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
everything is transitory

I'd just post as normal.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

I'd toss you :10bux: for old times' sake.

thanks man but i still gotta follow you around like 'god bless you sir!!' until you wish u didn't give me anything

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

The Kraken posted:

print out whats left of the forums and wipe my poo poo crusted fuckhole until the chafing leaves it bloody and unsatisfied

holy moses

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i would probably make post after post incessantly bitching to lowtax about what happened.
note: if new posts were not possible i would take this to twitter and finally be in the big leagues.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I mean that's basically how 4chan works...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

i would probably make post after post incessantly bitching to lowtax about what happened.
note: if new posts were not possible i would take this to twitter and finally be in the big leagues.

New posts are possible in this scenario, we've just lost all the posts up to that point.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

flush

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Applewhite posted:

The forums and subforums are all still there, but they are completely empty. Every post ever made lost forever, including the goldmine and gas chamber.

Would it kill the forums, or would we rebuild from the ashes, springing to new life like a forest after a major fire?

I'd take it as an opportunity to build a new Goon community better and brighter than the one before, but I'd probably give up after everyone else left.

It would be like when in ghostbusters they turned off the vault with the ghosts. I
'not sure the internet would survive.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I will haunt mommy blogs and crafting circles

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tenzarin posted:

It would be like when in ghostbusters they turned off the vault with the ghosts. I
'not sure the internet would survive.

Who you gonna call? Goonbusters!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
one of the main reasons I joined SA was the ridiculous amount of knowledge about things. Theres a lot of awesome how-to threads (current or archived) that I look at consistently. I'd be pretty sad.

But because SA tends to keep its long-time user base (for better or worse) i'm sure there will be threads about saltwater aquariums and bonsai trees again. I think the downside of using SA for almost everything is that having to use other forums is painful.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
:justpost:💩

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Id take it as a sign from God that I should stop poo poo posting. Just like every other day of my life I will ignore messages sent from a fake diety and :justpost:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Avocados posted:

one of the main reasons I joined SA was the ridiculous amount of knowledge about things. Theres a lot of awesome how-to threads (current or archived) that I look at consistently. I'd be pretty sad.

But because SA tends to keep its long-time user base (for better or worse) i'm sure there will be threads about saltwater aquariums and bonsai trees again. I think the downside of using SA for almost everything is that having to use other forums is painful.

Yeah I personally can't think of any other forum anywhere with the same versatility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Like, with a cloth?

• Locked thread