Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kafka Esq. posted:

You made a mockery of the political system by running for a position nobody else cared enough to run for?

I think the mockery was there before you, friend.
This, pretty much. What happens if nobody runs and nobody gets voted in? People complain about politics and it's understandable that your average citizen may not have time/money to run for an office but if you can get elected in a town of 16k with 32 votes that's pretty hosed up.

Having said that, take the position and do the best drat job you can do because it's a thumb in the eye of all the "serious" campaigns where the person elected uses the position for personal enrichment and/or loving over little people.

e: also take bribes from real estate people trying to grease the wheels and then use the money to throw pizza parties for disadvantaged children and still don't vote in the bribers' favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
During at least one meeting have a poster with the DO NOT CUT BACK ON FUNDING thing, no matter what the subject of the meeting is.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

quote:

On 10/5, I posted
Squawks,
I have an important announcement to make. I am going to run for president in 2020. I am going to use my election as the Pontif as a testing ground for the Presidency of the United States of America* (Except for Utah).
What did we ever do to you? :mad:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

HootTheOwl posted:

Nothing, he just knows you won't vote for him.
I might have if it wasn't for his rabid Utah hate :argh:

• Locked thread