Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

1st AD posted:

I like other Cowboy but he's real hittable

just like the real thing

EvanSchenck posted:

I sympathize with what you're saying, because we could definitely see Burns fully locking the knee on his lead leg every time he took a step. Burns was barely conscious and Magomedov definitely gave him the time he needed to recover. He could very well have finished by being more aggressive. But at the same time I see Magomedov's strategy. He knew that the only possible way he could lose that fight was if he got careless, and gave up a takedown or allowed Burns to catch him with a punch. I'm certain his camp emphasized the importance of staying safe and striking conservatively, because Burns has a really dangerous ability to turn a momentary error into a takedown and a submission loss. There's also the fact that, even if Magomedov had chased the finish, Burns still could have done the Werdum flop and bought all the time he needed to recover, because there was no way Magomedov was going to dive into his guard.

e: this is in the 2nd round, specifically

the phrase 'fight iq' springs to mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This is going to be a real long card if these decisions continue.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Northjayhawk posted:

I still firmly disagree, but I just realized that I strongly disagree with 2 posters (including Marching Powder) whose opinion I usually have a lot of respect for. So, I'll just accept that I may or may not be wrong on this one and enjoy this current fight.

look, i agree to an extent, i'm a huge stan for magomedov, but the value of fight iq along with a relentlessly beautiful mma performance is beyond criticism in my book which is causing me to be a dick about it. your point is valid.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
"It's a tough round, I don't know who won. "

Lmao Brazil

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Now kiss.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

NICE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
loving wow.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GOD drat

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hit of the night

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Oh poo poo I thought it was the left that dropped him, god he's fast

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
gently caress. I just blinked

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Wow those were some huge punches.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Holy gently caress. Also you guys are like 20 seconds ahead of me. But still holy gently caress.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

he even pulled back from a hendo / bisping drop. good kid. love him.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Hallmann did the zombie sit up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Hallmann did the zombie sit up

haven't seen a motherfucker drop like that since terry etim

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
That was great

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bircheck's loving weird. he got heel-hooked by an englishman in seconds but took less than one round to do what took tj dillashaw 5 in knocking joe soto the gently caress out. this could be more competitive than the bookies think.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Marching Powder posted:

bircheck's loving weird. he got heel-hooked by an englishman in seconds but took less than one round to do what took tj dillashaw 5 in knocking joe soto the gently caress out. this could be more competitive than the bookies think.

Look, when Bang Ludwig takes mushrooms and drops acid and eats ten pounds of ALPHA BRAIN and studies footage to gameplan for Barao, and suddenly it's Joe Soto, poo poo's gonna go haywire

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Almeida/Pickett was such a cool fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Look, when Bang Ludwig takes mushrooms and drops acid and eats ten pounds of ALPHA BRAIN and studies footage to gameplan for Barao, and suddenly it's Joe Soto, poo poo's gonna go haywire

funny you should say that, because ever since the joe soto fight i'm convinced that the gameplan is 85% of tj dillashaw

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Almeida/Pickett was such a cool fight.

pickett was a huge underdog and i thought i was the loving man betting on pickett... for a little while

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Pickett's wife fav'd my tweet where I complimented him for immediately waking up and wanting to fight after his head hit the mat after the knee. I thought that was pretty funny.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
that was a badass striking sequence, especially for Birchak

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Birchak keeps his head straight up and it may get him knocked out.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Well I guess these guys are done being tentative.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Oh my god

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

:stare:

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Oh, my.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

drat son!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
jesus christ

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

!!

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
WOW

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GOD drat PART 2

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was a worrying KO.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Birchak keeps his head straight up and it may get him knocked out.

He is (stanky leg as I wrote this) was way too eager to come back with strikes every time he got hurt

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought this card was starting to drag a little and then two insanely sick KOs happened

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
oh gently caress drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
I should try and pay attention to one fight/game/show. DAMNT I missed another.

• Locked thread